Azyrite Townscape

9 hours ago, sorokyl said:

There is not much left to  sort out really. The kit is what it is. It was misleading, but now we know.  If you want the sprues that are actually in it (which you can read this thread for the details) then buy it.

No. Missing product is never a “deal with it situation”. Imagine buying a car from a dealership, but they forgot to put in the engine.

This is also still up on their website without any sort of notification or disclaimer, with the same picture that shows everything.

Then there is the fact that they appear to be going against their usual Customer Service and not issuing any replacement parts. They can ask for proof of purchase, which is either the receipt, or if they are to be trusted, the barcode ripped off the box.

@SuperHappyTime, I agree, missing product is never acceptable. There may (or may not) be a legal requirement, depending on local laws but there is a requirement to keep you customers happy so they stay repeat customers. GW understands we are details people. They will know that many won't be happy even if the (legally dubious) small print does say 'contents may vary'. As is a lot of Age of Sigmar terrain, this kit is made from a contracted supplier too. The responsiveness and accuracy of this manufacturer may not be as good because of the shipping distances and that the employees aren't GW staff.

On a more positive note:

I bought the set yesterday from my local GW store where I am a regular. I told the salesman, who I know quite well, about the problem with this kit and asked him if we could open it and check it. I told him I already had the Azyrite Ruins and I would prefer to get the sprue shown from the box if this was possible. He did say that he had heard something about this issue.

We opened it together and he agreed it wasn't right. He immediately opened a Blasted Hallowheart box from the shelf and fixed the problem. I am not sure if it was intentional but I did end up getting to keep one of the incorrect sprues too. I thanked him but he told me not to and said if ever something is not right like this we will fix it. I walked away feeling deeply impressed by the outstanding customer service of this fantastic store.

P.S. The correct sprue does indeed fit into the box quite well.

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

The Azyrite Townscape has been missing from the online store for some time and is now back (I subscribed to their email notification) ... would be interesting to see if they have corrected this problem?

Imagine then, seeing this thread about these issues... after having put in an order. Well... will definitely update y’all when I receive mine. You betcha I’ll have my tripod and camera rolling for a live unboxing...

• Like 1

It does but this time they specifically mention the “long wall” in the description. I’m guessing they may have pulled it from the online store until they could get it all sorted out. I take delivery of mine next week... so we’ll see. 

Meanwhile I’ve made a screen video of the online store with the calendar and time ... navigated all the pics and the textual description as proof that what they have online is what they should have in the box. Else I’m going to complain big time (or just have a store swap it out from the piece in Blasted Hallowheart as mentioned here). 

• Like 1

Yeah, I’m going by my local GW in a few minutes. Will mention the issue because on this guy’s unboxing

... it shows him pull out the cruddy sprue. What the hell. The website and packaging CLEARLY shows the “long wall” and the long wall sprue. 

Vasco... you gave us a scare there.  ETA on mine is Wednesday the 15th next week. 

I had a conversation w my GW store and they were helpful, but there was a good point made that, as I didn’t make the purchase in-store, I would have to handle this directly through GW online. They aren’t leaving me high and dry though — they offered some assurances. I feel bad I made a couple high-value orders online!! In a worst case scenario I will return it online and then re-order through my local GW store (I support my store first, corporate greed, unintentionally, next). 

THE GREAT CONUNDRUM HAS BEEN SOLVED!! I received my shipment today, and as you can see -- the fabled sprue is there! Second sprue of three in the box. 2017 sprue, the other two are 2018 sprues!

So I suppose we can fathom a guess that the reason this item was 'temporarily unavailable' from the online store was because there may have been a recall -- and now all the correct bits are in the box moving forward. Can't imagine it's taken this long to confirm this! Oh, and by the way -- the display model at my local GW Workshop has the incorrect parts -- so there definitely was an issue until now. If you have the wrong piece -- open a complaint ticket wherever you purchased your set -- because it SHOULD have this piece. I did an unboxing video as well (haven't uploaded it yet) -- from the shrink-wrap plastic to emptying out the box -- so if that helps any, I'll post it here eventually. 

IMG_6754.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2019 at 9:21 AM, VascoPinto said:

Happy to finally receive my azyrite townscape! It has been backordered for months now. Still, it shows as being out of stock in my country and UK's webshop. 

Yeah, I have the feeling in the german onlineshop its out of stock since end last year, never getting a mail during last months that it was in stock. 🙁

On 5/18/2019 at 10:48 PM, ChaosLord said:

Can anyone confirm that the USA web shop is shipping this kit with the correct parts now? My local GW has one on the shelf, but I'd wager that's the busted one, and I want a corrected one.

I got mine from the US store. I forgot to mention that! Also, if they have it and it’s a bum set... they _should_ replace it — albeit at their expense. I’d hate to do that to my store, so I would recommend ordering it through your store (so they get some commission and stay open) — and if anything goes wrong for any reason, they will help you and make things right. Sure they will ask why you’d order it online through them — just explain the situation and they (should) understand. Our folks did. 

Edited by TheAnimaster
Clarity
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheAnimaster said:

I got mine from the US store. I forgot to mention that! Also, if they have it and it’s a bum set... they _should_ replace it — albeit at their expense. I’d hate to do that to my store, so I would recommend ordering it through your store (so they get some commission and stay open) — and if anything goes wrong for any reason, they will help you and make things right. Sure they will ask why you’d order it online through them — just explain the situation and they (should) understand. Our folks did. 

What was wrong with yours? Bad casting?

23 minutes ago, ChaosLord said:

What was wrong with yours? Bad casting?

Oh no, mine is perfectly fine. But I had asked my store about it before I received it and they explained that, should there had been something wrong with what came in the pack, they would be able to fix it — but only if it was ordered online through them (the store).  It has been reported here that some stores will go as far as fetching the correct piece from a Blasted Hallowheart set to correct the problem — but your mileage may vary. 

• 4 weeks later...