Azyrite Townscape

I would imagine where it’s something like this that’s clearly not a one off and is a problem with a whole batch  and word is obviously out that they have to be a little more careful.

the odd kid trying their luck is one thing (& hats off to the tyranid kids’ hapless it inventive gambit!) but if everyone with access to the internet knows there’s a potential free bit of scenery going they’re going to get slammed

I think in the grand scheme of what kids get up to, trying to score a free tyranid piece by piece in this way is at least quite original, but the kicker is coming up with the scam and then all giving almost identical addresses. It’s the classic kid’s mix of ingenuity and stupidity that I appreciate.

• Like 4

Two experiences in recent years, one first hand, the other form a close friend:

I have been refused the arm of a Bloodstoker from my T&B box (clearly broken still on sprue, also no missin bit) because I had no receipt (box is a gift, at the time I had already received by some time already, so even the original gifter had not the receipt anymore).
I complained to GW store clerk and he offered to replace it to me, but at that point I was so upset I refused and bought a spare one on the web (the inquisitorial attitude from the customer care made me feel like I was begging and/or trying to stole something from them).

To the other hand, a friend of mine got two identical decks in one of his Shadespire warband. He had the receipt and he got a full box delivered to his address, no question asked (once he sent pic of his receipt).

So the lesson here is: keep your receipt in the boxes until you actually build the models.

Edited by gabbi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gabbi said:

So the lesson here is: keep your receipt in the boxes until you actually build the models.

The only time I had an experience like this was about 3 years ago was when  my wife bought me Smaug as a birthday present.  It took me a few weeks to check everything in the kit but luckily she had kept the receipt because I found a major miscast in the resin neck piece.

It took literally 1 phone call to GW and a scan of the receipt, and we threw in a photo of the miscast piece (without being asked) and they sent it within 10 days.

Just received feedback from GW support that there is nothing wrong with the Set beside a Problem they noticed with the instructions leaflet. Due to them there is a wrong leaflet packed with the Set. They sent me the correct one. Still very strange for me because the pictures on the back of the Package look  quite different  

So they've saying that its the box art and instruction book that are incorrect, not the contents? That's quite a stretch. The long wall section can be seen in almost every picture on the box, and is clearly there in many of the marketing pictures! It was clearly advertised that that would be part of the set. Its not just that they've put the wrong leaflet in the box!

I wonder if someone changed their mind as to what pieces would be included late in the process, and they didn't get around to changing all of the pictures and such. Either way, its clearly been advertised to include that piece, so i'd think they are on shaky ground trying to say that they never intended to include it.

2 hours ago, Ashes said:

Just received feedback from GW support that there is nothing wrong with the Set beside a Problem they noticed with the instructions leaflet. Due to them there is a wrong leaflet packed with the Set. They sent me the correct one. Still very strange for me because the pictures on the back of the Package look  quite different  

Out of curiosity, do the new instructions tie up with the box contents?

1 hour ago, Soolong said:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Age-Of-Sigmar-Azyrite-Townscape-2018 that's not what is on the website, you can see the longer wall. Can't see how they can get around this, that's false advertising.

I think they are allowed to make mistakes (under advertising law) as long as they rectify it, which it looks like they are as its now 'Temporarily out of stock' online.  To rectify they would just need need to allow anyone with it to return them, probably with a bit more flexibility on if its used or not, as long as it is complete.

Looks like a re-jig of the online listing is due, guess they will be sending out a bunch of replacement instructions or boxes too, or recalling current stock.

6 hours ago, gabbi said:

To the other hand, a friend of mine got two identical decks in one of his Shadespire warband. He had the receipt and he got a full box delivered to his address, no question asked (once he sent pic of his receipt).

Did the receipt detail the item or was it just a generic "1 @ $60" thing?

I'm concerned that unless the receipt specifically shows the name of the item, you might be hosed.

4 hours ago, Ashes said:

Wow. That's awful.

@Soolong I haven't checked this box in particular, but I think there is a disclaimer that says contents may vary from those shown. That's how they can get away with it.

Sad if so. This damages my faith in them significantly if it turns out the way it's looking.

Between this and the bad detail shift on the floor panels, I would just like to return it and be done with it. Too bad, really, as it could have been the beginning of a full table of ruined buildings.

Edited by Sleboda

My response just arrived:

"Hail Faithful of Sigmar,

Through the machinations of Tzeentch warping space and time, it has come to our attention that the Azyrite Ruins as listed on the Webstore pictures were incorrect, as this product had changed some time ago from its original inception to the finished product. The good news is that the product you received is indeed correct, and we have removed the incorrect listing on the webstore in order to avoid further confusion. We appreciate you reaching out to us in regards to this, and have attached the updated instructions for this kit for your use. We hope you have a wonderful day, and please let us know if we are able to assist with anything further!

For Sigmar!"

Bullpooh.

• Confused 1

Wow, that's really bad. If it was just the booklet that would be one thing, but declaring all of the promotional materials to just be wrong is shameful.

It is rather telling that the sprue they are leaving out is the one that had hitherto only been available in the expensive Hallowheart set (and now looks to be in the big Christmas bundle.) I'd hazard a guess that they decided they didn't want to give people a more affordable way to buy that element, and chose to keep it exclusive to the bigger sets.

It will be interesting to see how my indy store handles this (they told me to come back on friday, by which time they'd have the correct kit from GW). If GW will be turning around and telling them that there is nothing wrong with it, they might be in a tricky position.

Another update. 

I asked how to return the item and got this:

"We’ll be happy to issue you a refund / exchange for your order, but please remember that we can only make a refund / exchange on current unopened product that we can re-sell, so you’ll have to return the product to us first before we can do so. The return address is:

Games Workshop Customer Services
6211 East Holmes Road
Memphis, TN 38141
USA

Before you send it back to us, please make sure that you include a copy of the invoice that came with the original order..."

Seriously???

Not only do I have to provide the invoice (which was trashed the day I got it, because, you know, it's trash) but I had to have the ability to see through the box to know it was defective before opening it.

This is a serious backslide in their Customer Service and will, without a doubt, impact my spending with them. I've spent, no exaggeration, around $7000 on GW this year. I see that going down to maybe $1000 next year, if that.

If I can't but with confidence, I won't buy. Simple as that.

3 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Another another update.

After a little back and forth, "in this instance" they are willing to take my set back even though it's opened and I don't have the invoice.

I can take it to my local Warhammer store to avoid shipping costs, which I'll do.

That should have been their first response!

Mistakes happen, but this should have been handled better than the response you got.

It looks like the actual contents include 1/2 a box of Azyrite Ruins + the two 2 story ruins?

The 1/2 box of Azyrite Ruins is worth $15 (full box is $30), meaning the two 2 story ruins are valued at $20 a piece.

I doubt this mistake was malicious, but it does lessen the value of the box a bit. I'll still probably end up buying it though.

Resolution!

I was told I could take the kit to the local GW and they would notify HQ that they had it so that HQ could credit me.

When I got to the store, the manager said that if I wanted, I could just exchange it there for other stuff since I am "a regular customer and this was bought from GW mail order." Great!

I exchanged it for some more Nighthaunt stuff and a brush.

All done.

What about people who aren't as savy and were excited and went home to assemble their new kit as soon as they bought it, only to find out later they received the wrong thing.  

@Sleboda was your kit assembled already? or sprues in tact?

In my friends case his is already painted, and he bought it from LFGS not GW, so any resolution for him seems unlikely

Definitely seems like pieces shown on the box is more plastic than what the new instructions show... 

They seem to be trying to update the website listing while the product has been marked out of stock... 

Funilly, it seems to currently show 3 sprues.  The 1 larger sprue that is missing, and the 2 smaller sprues included instead (half an azyrite ruins) . Doesn't show the sprues for the 2 story building at all. 

So you can check this out (at least for now) to compare the sprues:  
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Age-Of-Sigmar-Azyrite-Townscape-2018