Azyrite Townscape

Hello

Can someone please confirm how many sprues there are supposed to be in the new Azyrite Townscape kit? I've just bought one, and am concerned that a piece might be missing. I've got two large sprues of two storey ruins, and two small sprues which look identical to the ones from the Azyrite Ruins kit. However there doesn't seem to be a large sprue of single storey ruins as depicted in the instruction book. I've looked on the GW webstore, but it only shows three sprues of single storey ruins,and doesn't show the two storey ones at all. So basically I'm not certain where the error lies.

I guess the next question is: Has anyone actually received the full kit?

If its just a few faulty units that's one thing, but if everyone is missing a piece it could be somewhat more awkward to get replacements.

I bought mine from a 3rd party retailer, rather than GW themselves, so I'm sure they'll refund me, but unless there is a product recall it might be tricky to get the full thing.

@EccentricCircle best to contact GW directly, they are very good at resolving issues themselves. Even though your contract of purchase is with the retailer, not GW, GW itself will deal with misspacks and the like. I had a german copy of the Necromunda rules in my box and GW resolved the matter very quickly. All they required was a copy of the receipt of purchase (ergo invoice). I also provided photos of the issue (sometimes they ask sometimes they don't, but I always provide them as it gives the most information on the situation to them). 

If anything has to be sent back they typically give you a print-out pre-paid stamp that you just print and put on the parcel. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Overread said:

@EccentricCircle best to contact GW directly, they are very good at resolving issues themselves. Even though your contract of purchase is with the retailer, not GW, GW itself will deal with misspacks and the like. I had a german copy of the Necromunda rules in my box and GW resolved the matter very quickly. All they required was a copy of the receipt of purchase (ergo invoice). I also provided photos of the issue (sometimes they ask sometimes they don't, but I always provide them as it gives the most information on the situation to them). 

If anything has to be sent back they typically give you a print-out pre-paid stamp that you just print and put on the parcel. 

OK, thanks. I didn't know that they did that!

That potentially makes things much simpler.

4 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

I guess the next question is: Has anyone actually received the full kit?

If its just a few faulty units that's one thing, but if everyone is missing a piece it could be somewhat more awkward to get replacements.

At this point I'm just hoping they didn't know it ahead of time. If they did, it reminds me of something or head of sales did when I worked in the US corporate office.

We discovered that all the Space Marine Dreadnoughts (0442, iirc) we had in the warehouse had been packed without the sticky banner.

We reported it to the sales boss so they could go back and insert them. He decided it would be too costly, and that we would just send the part to anyone who actually complained. Pretty shady stuff.

Not saying that's the case here, but please, if you have a defective kit, call GW for your replacement. It always amazed me back then how many people just accepted a kit with a miscast* or missing part.

* Speaking of that, have you all noticed the really bad alignment issue on the floor panels in the building kit? There is a shift that splits a skull and edge line on each one. Pretty bad job on this kit.

Update:

I called.

In the past they have simply replaced the product with zero hesitation. Not the case this time.

They want photos of the contents, a description of the issue, and proof of purchase so sent in an email, after which they'll "work to resolve the issue."

So, I'm doing that and would encourage others with the issue to do the same.

Similar at my end; I took it back to the indy game store where I bought it, and the clerk rang up the GW official who handles their stock. It was apparently the first that official had heard about the problem. We sent him photos of the sprues and the shop will be getting a replacement copy for me with their next order, while they send back the original. I'll be certain to check the box before I take it home though, as I've yet to see any evidence that complete kits actually exist!

3 hours ago, John E said:

Update

Got an answer back today from my email on Saturday asking me for proof of purchase( I had included 2 different pictures of the box and contents), and they will look at getting me a replacement

Proof of purchase is quite common for GW to request. It's basically them covering themselves and stopping people just trading kits on ebay/secondhand and using the same "fault" to get multiple replacement parts. It also helps them track where errors are coming from in their retail chain which can then be logged and checked against their supply and stock system. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Overread said:

Proof of purchase is quite common for GW to request

For a time, I worked at GW. One of the jobs I held there along the way was Customer Service.  Things have changed.

When I was there, we used to just ask for the batch number printed in the box, and then we would send the needed parts. At one point, people caught on that they could scam us. In one noteworthy case, a kid and his friends each called in with a "missing" carnifex (old metal one) part, one after the other. They each lived a few houses from each other. It was obvious they were trying to get a free model. We were going to put a stop to it, but our boss (the CEO for GW US at the time) told us that we were not to worry about the occasional scammer. He said it was better service for all the people with legit issues to trust and to send the replacements with as little fuss as possible and accept that sometimes we would be scammed.

That approach apparently held firm for many, many years. I've had maybe six problem kits over the last 12 years and in each and every case they have sent me a full, brand new kit to replace my issue.

To me, that's stellar service and it is something I've often held up as why it's worth paying GW's premium prices. They have (publicly available to review) incredibly high margins, so sending kits like this is well within their capability - and it generates incredible good will.

If they are changing to "prove it or you're out if luck"* + hassle to get resolution as their approach, it greatly reduces the good will toward them and makes their premium cost (and some policies and other aspects of business) much less palatable.

* Lots of Indy stores don't have receipts that would prove a darn thing! Am I screwed if I buy from them? Maybe this is meant to drive purchases directly to GW. 

"Gosh, if you had bought it from us, we could have helped, but since your receipt from Store XYZ is not showing the info we need, looks like you're out of luck."

Edited by Sleboda

@Sleboda I've no idea if they've ever actually refused anyone, I've certainly never heard of it. So I can't say if they are shifting to a "prove it or walk" approach, since I'd wager most people show the proof when asked without quibble - just the same as pretty much all other retailers and manufacturers (shops require proof of purchase as to most companies). It's just normal standard practice. 

Plus the bigger you get the bigger influence those "handful" of scammers can have and it might be that finecast already made them tighten ship just a little. In the end it might just be an admin thing and keeping a tighter eye on stock flows - both checking that they are not getting scammers at the customer level, but also in the distribution network itself.