Black Library submissions

JPjr

Out of interest does anyone know if BL open a 'submissions window' every year? 

I just saw an article that said they had one at the start of this year (sadly long before I'd started day dreaming about wizards again) but it sounds like it was a one-off or that they happened fairly rarely.

28 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Well make sure you preview it here first, I'd read/abuse myself to that.

seriously I think the 'Bone Daddy & The Hammer' trilogy is the Warhammer story Peter Jackson has been waiting to direct.

Probably worth dropping BL an email or a phone call directly and asking them. You never know if you make the right impression or ask the right question you might get a foot in the door to start with. Plus if they have any firm dates they can share that at least gives you a target to work toward (not just for writing, but also to get it seen over by an editor as well) 

Yeah, if I'm  being honest I have close to zero faith in 'open submission' events as genuine opportunities to get published, from my experience dealing with similar kind of things from the organising side they very, very rarely result in anyone genuinely unknown (to the organisers) getting picked up. 

but still they can be a good, fun way to motivate yourself into doing something totally different, and that's always something I can do with.

Archived