What big event in the lore would you like to see next?

Enoby

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Malios said:

I'd like to see a true chaos empire. Not one that was overrun and its desicated remains corrupted by chaos, but a true, functioning empire they have built from the ground in twisted glory to the gods that rivals the free cities.

Sounds great. Maybe Darkoath? I’d love to see a great barbarian Empire.

• 1 month later...

As much as I'd love to see Thanquol's plans unveiled for Skaven, this has to be the year of Destruction. Not just due to kit releases but I'd like to think that each of the Grand Alliances will get their turn in the story. Chaos already had their light of day, albeit during AOS1, with Archaon and what-not, Order gets love every year and Sig-marines are everywhere in stories , Death had our attention last year with Malign Portents so why not The Great Waaaaghhh. 

Here's what I'd love to see since the war over souls is still a thing: Gork-n-Mork find a way to let souls choose where they want to go upon death. Destruction is all about being un-tethered and free. All of the gods, sigmar and nagash included, want to control the flow of souls. Factions want to, such as Idoneth Deepkin, or all of the Aelves for that matter. Why not have Gordrak lead a great Waaagh that consequently prevents anyone from having control over souls. That certainly get the attention of the Chaos gods as well as everyone else. Alternatively, such destruction from such a campaign reveals that souls are being annihilated altogether so if the souls can't be free or go about their natural way, no one can claim them.

And then skaven ruin everything for them, take credit, and thus begins the story of the Great Horned One! Yes-yes. 

You know... There's so many big and major world ending cataclysmic events inAge of Sigmar lore that I feel like it's all so overdrawn and excessive. You know what I really want?

Something small scale. Something more human. I want to see the Free People's setting out in large numbers to retake the hostile wilderness, stake out new empires, establish diplomatic ties. Make the world actually feel like it has a culture and history beyond big bands smashing empire X that was never established before.

Let's have a powerful human expedition.

32 minutes ago, Barbossal said:

You know... There's so many big and major world ending cataclysmic events inAge of Sigmar lore that I feel like it's all so overdrawn and excessive. You know what I really want?

Something small scale. Something more human. I want to see the Free People's setting out in large numbers to retake the hostile wilderness, stake out new empires, establish diplomatic ties. Make the world actually feel like it has a culture and history beyond big bands smashing empire X that was never established before.

Let's have a powerful human expedition.

Yep. The trouble with huge apocalypse events is that you have to keep one upping them and you write yourself into a corner. 

Far better to have a small scale story leading to a revelation.

Archived