Smashing and Bashing and delay in combat

Balloon Dwarf

Question

Daughters of Khaine have an ability where they can delay a units attack until the end of the combat phase. My question is this. If I destroy a unit with my Ironjawz, can I then select the delayed unit with the Smashin and Bashin rules or is that unit out of the combat phase entirely until the end? 

2 answers to this question

I don`t know Daughters ability`s wording, so cannot write a distinct answer.

But I think this question from BoC designers commentary can help:

Q: If a Wildfire Taurus’ Whirlwind of Destruction ability forces an Idoneth Deepkin unit to fight at the end of the next combat phase, but the High Tide battle trait is in effect, does the unit fight at the start or the end of the combat phase?

A: If two abilities that apply to a unit are contradictory and cannot both be applied, the one that was applied second takes precedence. In this case, that means the Idoneth Deepkin unit would fight at the end of the combat phase. Note this only occurs when it impossible to use both abilities. For example, if one ability gave a unit a hit modifier of +1 and another ability gave the same unit a hit modifier of -1, both would be applied (and effectively cancel each other out).

Archived