Is the Death range as fragile as it looks?

Shankelton

Been interested in soulblight for quite some time, but am waiting for an update before jumping in. Given the new battletome style of LoN I was considering getting a few nighthaunts and other parts of Death for when vampires finally get released.

The thing that always made me wary of death was the poses and sculpts for much of the range. I want an army I can transport and actually play the game with, and I worry that the nighthaunt in particular will snap or break under a soft breeze. Can any collectors and avid transporters speak to this? Am I overthinking the issue? 

Not the most robust, thats for sure.

But the only thing I've had break so far is the sword arm on the Guardian of Souls from the starter box. 

Its funny as I'm not the only one. I constantly see pics where others have experienced the same issue. 

Just be a bit more careful is all. 

So far I've been using Nighthaunt models from the Soul Wars set and they are pretty sturdy due to them being only two large pieces. I will say that Skeleton Warriors are pretty fragile. There is so little plastic to work with that their arms break at the slightest of pressure. I am curious if there is a noticeable difference in using plastic glue at the joints or if just using super glue will yield the same result in sturdiness. 

26 minutes ago, CaptainSoup said:

So far I've been using Nighthaunt models from the Soul Wars set and they are pretty sturdy due to them being only two large pieces. I will say that Skeleton Warriors are pretty fragile. There is so little plastic to work with that their arms break at the slightest of pressure. I am curious if there is a noticeable difference in using plastic glue at the joints or if just using super glue will yield the same result in sturdiness. 

I used plastic glue yet those buggers seem to take rough transportation just fine for me

55 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

But the only thing I've had break so far is the sword arm on the Guardian of Souls from the starter box. 

Its funny as I'm not the only one. I constantly see pics where others have experienced the same issue. 

Yeah, I don't know why but that arm specifically is ridiculously frail. The rest doesn't break immediately, but take care when transporting.

4 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Can confirm, broke mine snipping it off the sprue

I can only suggest to creat a personalized sagoma of sponge where to put the miniatures, so that you can move them safely.

But yes, they are quite fragile, the actual skeletons are quite fragile, second only maybe to the nighthaunts models.

The key words are baking trays and magnets. :D Saw this at a friend and just copied it. He simply put magnets under the base of every miniature and place them on a baking tray for transportation. The baking trays are fixed in a folding basket like this:

https://www.google.de/search?q=klappkorb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUhOf9lr_eAhUKLVAKHVVeB2wQ_AUIDygC&biw=1829&bih=890#imgrc=IU69UJOaZCpqrM:&spf=1541487121894

We placed two baking trays in one folding basket with some screws.

That really helped for transportation - no "flying" miniatures and broken wings. 9_9

The odd breakage but nothing worth getting scared about. As others have suggested, you can do magnetic moving cases if you want. Only breakage that has happened to me (and loads other) is the GoS from the soul wars box.

Should mention, that all are welcome to serve our lord and saviour, praise be Nagash. ????

EDITED: Ok so last night was the first time of taking out chainghasts and had two of the dudes lose there chains in transport. But it's an easy fix with jewellers chain and superglue

I have a pretty big NH army and have taken them to a couple local events and have had no major problems.  I use magnetized trays that keeps them locked down. The smaller models are fine, but the larger ones like Lady Olynder, Mortarch of Grief and The Black Coach are both awkwardly shaped  and fiddly. It's an army that just needs a little more attention when transporting than say something like Ironjaws.

Completely agree with all the comments on magnets.  The only model that I've broken is my Wight King when I managed to flick him onto the floor during his first outing (but that's nothing to do with transport and more clumsiness).  The only thing I would say is to pick an appropriate strength magnet - I used a 6mm x 2mm on the the Spirit Torment from the Soul Wars box and he's a right pain to remove from the metal sheet xD

Ripped Nagashs Head right off, trying to fiddle him out of his morghast retinue on the shelf...

after pleas of mercy and a drop of superglue all was good again. That’s why I only superglue, rather have it snap of, than bend and break.

a friend of mine got himself a metal serving tray with two floors, the fiddly models are hanging upside down from the upper floor.

Archived