Allegiance & Artifacts

Agent of Chaos

Question

Had a game on the weekend (Stormcast vs Slaanesh) where my opponent claimed that he could mix and match artifacts from Chaos Grand Alliance and Host of Slaanesh Allegiance. He also claimed I could have done the same with Grand Alliance Order or Stormcast artifacts.

I am 100% certain this is not the case. I let it slide because what he had chosen wasnt going to break the game and it was a casual friendly game. However I would like to direct him to the appropriate rule that clarifies that you can only choose command traits and artifacts from your allegiance or grand alliance, not both. Having read over the allegiance wording in the core rules I dont think it was clarified. 

Can anyone direct me to the specific wording/rule? (please dont just say he is wrong without pointing out the actual rule)

3 answers to this question

In addition what @heywoah_twitch said:

"Page 62 – Pitched Battle Profile, Introduction Add the following section: ‘ARMIES WITHOUT ALLEGIANCE ABILITIES If a faction army does not have a set of allegiance abilities, then you can use its Grand Alliance allegiance abilities instead. For example, if you had an Eshin army you could use the Grand Alliance Chaos allegiance abilities, and if you had an Order Draconis army you could use the Grand Alliance Order allegiance abilities. Note that if allegiance abilities exist for a faction army, you must use them.’"

(https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/age_of_sigmar_generals_handbook_errata_en.pdf, page 1)

The last sentence in particular should convince your opponent.

Archived