The BEST order artillery

Sequitor

Hey :D

i just started with a few friends Aos 2.0, i chose the order side, Stormcasts. I play footslogging guys, mostly Sequitors supported by Evocators (Cleansing Phalanx) and a Lord on Gryphcharger - pretty standard.

but now i will add some allies, ARTILLERY why? Cause its cool! I dont know the whole modells from order, but the Trebuchet Sounds pretty cool (Bretonia) but i Need more Support for my artillery, somtehing that helps out for the random damage for example. There is a lot of +hit, but the trebuchet hits automaticly...(roll off against the target unit count)

so you guys: ideas? Whats the best artillery to Support my Stormcasts? And how can we maximize it?

(back in the days there was a skink priest which allowed to reroll single dices in my turn. But i dont remember the Name...this would be perfect for the damage roll for example)

Celestar Ballistas are your way forward. Throw in a Lord Ordinator to babysit them and it's basically point them at something in your shooting phase and delete it. If they do end up in combat, the Lord Ordinator can just about hold his own giving them a bit more defense.

I have three and it is disgusting how potent they can be.

The Celestar Ballista is indeed a very solid choice for a few reasons:

It is nasty for its points. Though that may be a bit moot as their popularity and strength might make their points go up a bit next year.

They aren't allies, so you keep your ally points open for other shiny things, like Frostheart Phoenix or Celestial Hurricanums. 

Being Stormcast means they can drop down close to a flank for a brutal rapid fire.

Most importantly, they are LEAGUES above other artillery in terms of defense. Their combined stat profile making their crew unsnipeable and their bonus to cover makes them super durable. Every other Artillery piece can have their super squishy crew sniped, making them die to a stiff breeze.

So, yeah, I want to say the Cannon or the Rocket Battery from Ironweld Arsenal, but the Stormcast swooped in and made a super efficient weapon. Was hoping they'd at least change the warscroll of the other artillery to the combined profile, but sadly no...

Wait wait wait

i can DROP DOWN THE GIANT CROSSBOW?! Thats amazing haha, did not realise this.  Okay and the best Support is the guy which gives them +1 to hit?  Is there nothing „better“ like double shots or something like that? 

2nd question: i did have a Huricanum with a mage on it Is it worth to take in a Stormcasts Army?

[sorry for my Bad English, its not my first language]

Teleport in your ballista, makes it able to shoot anything you want, you seriously won't find a better artillery option for your army.

If you need more, get a 2nd ballista. After 2  you could get a 3rd or just go for an ordinator. But 2 ballistas are better than 1 ballista + ordinator in terms of damage output incase you are wondering.

If the ordinator isn't up your ally, try Knight-Azyros instead, good for buffing ranged shooting.

3 hours ago, Sequitor said:

Wait wait wait

i can DROP DOWN THE GIANT CROSSBOW?! Thats amazing haha, did not realise this.  Okay and the best Support is the guy which gives them +1 to hit?  Is there nothing „better“ like double shots or something like that? 

2nd question: i did have a Huricanum with a mage on it Is it worth to take in a Stormcasts Army?

[sorry for my Bad English, its not my first language]

Yep, ANY Stormcast unit can use their teleport allegiance ability, as long as only half of your army at most does it. A Lord Relictor can also use Translocation to reposition then if need be.

The Hurricanum is nice, but needs a good amount of units to buff with its aura. It is expensive and takes up pretty much your whole ally points, but it can be nasty. Best if you castle up with a bunch of Artillery and the Longstrike Crossbows.

9 minutes ago, divineauthority said:

For Warhammer Achievements, 3 of the same warscroll was a negative achievement, hence me just using 2.

Oh I quite like that rule! Not much of a tournament player but it's a nice guideline for more varied armies. 

I personally do like the Trebuchets and Grudgetrower. No line of sight means a lot more safety with the sketchy 'you can target just the crew' rules. Although ballistas do also solve that problem.

Played double Reaper bolt Thrower in AoS 1. 36" range 12x 4+ 3+ -1 D1 shots. Every 6+ to wound is 2 damage. It does have the War Machine keyword so it works with the Ordinator.

From a very personal experience I don't really like any of the choices, not really. Because if you go that route, go all in otherwise I feel they are to easy to take out.

Two caveats though. Two cannons with a engineer can really mess an enemy up and I haven't played the Ballista's. So go for Ballista's as you can still play any Order allegiance and ally them in. That would be my advice. 

• 2 weeks later...

Even after some nerfes I believe Hellstorm Rocket Battery is solid, 3 shots, 3+ to hit (with ordinator), 3+  to wound -2 rend and d6 damage at 36" range, without LOS. But nowhere as amazing as before, when you could buff it with bless weapons, +1 to hit from ordinator, + 1 to hit from itself, double shoting from ordinator
6 shots generating additional attacks on 4+ was very, very good. 

Archived