Could use some help identifying an odd, incomplete model.

43493487_347012032541663_4358860329006923776_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=6b9d9e3a85a5b546a2f833eae0e67d40&oe=5C798AE1

The model that I'm curious about is the one on the bottom right and the banner next to him. He's missing his left hand, and he's been set up with that banner as his right hand. That said, I'm not sure if that's his stock right hand or a conversion. 

The tab on the model reads "Chaos" on the front and "GW 2004" on the back, however this model does not seem to appear in the 2004 catalogue. 

It's also extremely unusual as he is wearing a helmet, but the visor is up revealing his face. 

The banner itself is almost identical to the limited edition Chaos Warriors army box BSB banner, but with one key difference. In that banner, the ornaments on the hanging chains to the left and right are just skulls. Here they are skulls with chaos stars around them. Aside from that, the sculpt is essentially identical. 

I've done quite a bit of searching on Google but haven't turned anything up yet.

Do any of you know what these pieces are?

Hah, that is one search phrase that I didn't try. I was generally including 2004 and typing out "battle standard", perhaps a mistake.

That's brilliant though, as it turns out his right hand is the shield and axe combination on the top row, so the model is complete! Apparently his name is Kordel Shorgaar and he was only released in the Archaon's Siege Attackers army box for Storm of Chaos in 2004.

Edit: and seconds before I hit submit @VBS swoops in with the extra info ?

Yes to the above - and you also have Crom the conquerer, archaon's Herald on the top and to the left of the Kordel Shrogaar model a Wulfric the wanderer :)

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Vardek_Crom

CromTheConqueror07.jpg

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Wulfrik_the_Wanderer

0.jpg

The shield next  to the pile of skulls is Wulfrik's but you have a chosen head instead of his proper head.

The pile of skulls is from the old champion of khorne, now rebranded as aspiring deathbringer

the standard bearer is hens teeth as he was only found in that box, he's worth a fair bit :)

Archived