The Painting Contract - November 2018

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for November 2018!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds (Shadespire / Nightvault), Warhammer Quest (Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal), or Gorechosen.

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  &  @TheOtherJosh

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

Just primed my Abhorrent Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon so I pledge to get him done this month.  Also am slogging through my Ghouls, I will add a stretch goal of getting 10 more of them done as well this month.  

Hey, how do the FEC play? I just listened to Garagehammer's episode on them and they sound intriguing. You don't see them around much though, so I'm wondering if it's one of those factions that sound cooler than they are on the board or if people are just biased against ghoul hordes.

Getting there with  my previous pledge but might change some things up for a game day at the end of the month. So finish it all off and the paint the toys I might actually use:

Finish:

10 ungors 

Garreks reavers

frigate

possible additions

5 khinerai

3 riggers

very stretch

10 gors

2 beastlords

1 khemist

Hello everybody,

First of all, a big thumbs up for the organisation here! Keep those painting contracts comming, there are more marauders to paint.

Then for my pledge, like last month i will paint 20 marauders. 

As a stretch goal more marauders... (I've got to paint these guys one of these days)

IMG_20181029_182332.jpg

IMG_20181029_184143.jpg

With Olynder just about done (I'm gonna squeeze her into the October thread for sure!), my tally of finished Nighthaunt models comes to 9. Having completed a mounted Knight of Shrouds, six Spirit Hosts, a Guardian of Souls and the Mortarch of Grief herself, I think I need to get on with some more troops. Therefore, this month I pledge to complete either:

- 30 Chainrasps

or

- 30 Grimghast Reapers

*grits teeth*

1 hour ago, Mohojoe said:

Is anyone currently working on the massive new khorne Dragon from forgeworld? Really want to see some paint on that thing!

I've seen in the flesh at Warhammer World. It's absolutely huge, but, I really don't like it. I think models like Archaeon seem more epic, despite the smaller size. 

Regarding the challenge, I've got a basecoat down on my Dreadspear banner. 

IMG_20181029_232640.jpg.0ccfdfe729bce6b5c5bc59893faf8c72.jpg

Been a while since I tried a commitment here, but here goes:

Assemble the full Speed Freeks set

Assemble black coach

Take Cursebreakers from 'table top' to 'respectable'

Finish Gits

Paint three Endless Spells

Paint a minimum of 10 assorted Nighthaunt models

Reach rank 14 in Hearthstone ... Err, um, sorry

Just finished my goal for last month so... goals for the month:

Assemble and paint: 1 unit of 3 Mighty Skullcrushers.

Paint: Magore’s Fiends, plus either a Blood Stoker or Blood Secretor.

Stretch Goal: Another Khorne Hero, Unit of Skullcrushers, or Deathwatch Kill Team.

This month will (hopefully) see-

Built + Painted - War Altar of Sigmar in the style of a Free Peoples Cannibal Cult Ghoul King Altar. (Doesn't roll off the tongue as easily as war altar of sigmar)
Built- Troggoths
Built- Free Peoples Cannibal Cult General on Griffon.

Stretch is to paint any other of the built items above.

Early edit as I got a lot of work done today (Which i think is a good effort for me!), the main altar remains unchanged bar the ghoul king atop, there is extras and horses to do to make it more cannibally ❤️ 

altar.jpg

Archived