Events UK: Blood and Glory

Ben

I have some questions/feedback about a few things in the pack which could be answers to one of the questions above (regarding terrain).

• Under the section for "army selection" it states : "Your armies Allegiance, and its Allegiance abilities will be recorded on your armylist and fixed for the event." Does this include Allegiance Artefacts?
  • Under terrain you need to bring 5 pieces and "You must bring at least 4 different types of terrain pieces." For new people to AoS, terrain doesn't really seem to have a type other than woods or buildings. So for 5 pieces could you bring a wood, a realm gate, skull vayne manse, Occulum and a Dreadtower thingy for example? and will the rules for the terrain scrolls be in use at the event?
  • As most terrain features don't have a type or warscroll can you include an example list? (I'm just basing my terrain off what I would consider different terrain types in 8th edition)

• As most terrain features don't have a type or warscroll can you include an example list? (I'm just basing my terrain off what I would consider different terrain types in 8th edition)

Under terrain you need to bring 5 pieces and "You must bring at least 4 different types of terrain pieces."

I just figured he wanted variety, but appreciated that since SCGT a lot of people would be carrying around 2 Realmgates, so wanted to cater for that.

Edited by Nico

Terry, 

I am answering most of these in the rulepacks when they are updated late this week.

1. The Artefacts are Allegiance abilities.  See the headings at the top of the section areas 'Chaos Allegiance abilities', that then goes on to have sub sections of the various types, command traits, artefacts and so on.  

2. We won't be using the terrain warscroll rules, but if they have a different warscroll then they are a different type of terrain.  So you could bring 5 different 'buildings' assuming that they have different war scrolls (witch fate tor, skullvayne manse, watchtower.....) 

3. which terrain features don't have a type of warscroll? 

13 minutes ago, Ben said:

Terry, 

I am answering most of these in the rulepacks when they are updated late this week.

1. The Artefacts are Allegiance abilities.  See the headings at the top of the section areas 'Chaos Allegiance abilities', that then goes on to have sub sections of the various types, command traits, artefacts and so on.  

2. We won't be using the terrain warscroll rules, but if they have a different warscroll then they are a different type of terrain.  So you could bring 5 different 'buildings' assuming that they have different war scrolls (witch fate tor, skullvayne manse, watchtower.....) 

I think if you are paying for a formation that's included in the General's Handbook that includes a piece of terrain you should be able to use that terrains rules. 

Are you going to ban the use of Sylvaneth Wildwoods because I think the principle is very similar here. You're paying for something in the GH (Sylvaneth are costed taking Wildwood use into account I believe considering their effectiveness without them) that you can't benefit from in game.

23 minutes ago, Ben said:

I just answered this for you in a DM and now you are asking the exact same question in public.  

Unknown-4.jpeg

If at first you don't succeed. Drum up some public support and all that ?.

I hate Wildwoods though so if their warscroll can't be used I'll take it.

Edited by Beardyface

12 hours ago, Ben said:

Last year I bought a Hill, Wood, Swamp, Ruin/Impassable

I didn't think any of these had warscrolls other than the Sylvaneth Wildwood

12 hours ago, Ben said:

Didn't even know this was a thing lol. I have now read the whole page!

Also on the entrants list you have me down twice, one of those is Byron :P

• 2 weeks later...

Just to clarify - can you still summon Balewind Vortices (not scenery on the board before deployment)? I know that you've used them in the recent past at Warlords and now GW is releasing the models for sale again - fingers crossed for an updated Warscroll. 

@Ben can you answer a couple of questions when you've got some time please;

1. Can we bring our own booze (May as well get the important one in first)

2. I'm going to be getting a 1K ticket this week, not sure on the 500pt event yet but can we decide on the day or do you need to have numbers before the event?

3. When do lists need to be submitted?

Cheers,

Chalmers