Events UK: Blood and Glory

Ben

navigating the realmroots in the hero phase is not happening! That one is not even grey! Moving in the hero phase does not allowing for skipping to the start of the movement phase to check wyldwoods within 3" before going back to the hero phase to make the move  

That's exactly what "as if it were the movement phase" means. Isn't this principle going to play havok with things like Kunning Rukk - how are you going to decide which abilities are carried over from the shooting or combat phase into the hero phase. I play this as I believe is intended that all such abilities do work as if it were the relevant phase - so they get all relevant buffs/debuffs and their target gets all relevant buffs, so shields that work vs shooting would work if they used Arrer Boyz and shields that worked against melee attacks or Bloodwarriors' Gorefists and die and still pile in abilities would all work against Savage Orruks attacking as if it were the combat phase.  To give another example, if a formation allowed you to charge in a deemed charge phase within the hero phase (think there's a chaos formation and a Bonesplitterz one that does this), then surely Fanatics would still be able to deploy and charge.

Navigate Realmroots isn't the ability that we are concerned by. It's the use of Forest Spirits to deploy particular formations from off the table at 9 inches away in the hero phase; and then moving 5 in the actual movement phase and then getting a reasonable charge. It's functionally equivalent to what Stormcast do routinely with their formations. I strongly doubt that it's a loophole, since the formations are pretty bad without it. Spirit of Durthu becomes 400 points of not going to make a charge on a 9.

I'm not playing Sylvaneth at the event, but I'm surprised by how they seem to attract the nerfhammer so quickly.

Edited by Nico
  • Like 1

Ive been asked about army list submission.  A LOT.  Like, Really A LOT!!!!!

Its on the first page of the rules pack !!!  I need your list sent in this format to this address before you register for the event.  

Army Submission 

Before registration you will need to send a copy of your army list to: armylists@ baddice.co.uk 

Only WARSCROLL BUILDER PDF formats will be accepted with the following subject line NAME - ALLIANCE - EVENT
e.g. Ben Curry - Chaos - AoS Championships 

• Like 3

Is anyone around on Thursday Evening?  

Derby Wargames Society have our club nights on a thursday and you are welcome to come along and grab some practice games.  

I will not be there (last min event prep to do) but some of the locals may be and I will do my best to arrange you all games.

Post up your interest here.  

• Like 1