Getting started with shadespire

grimgold

Just won the starter box at a recent tournament, and started painting steel hearts companions, Aside from steelhearts face looking like it was sculpted by someone with only a passing knowledge of human anatomy it's been pretty fun to paint. Since they are so few I can really go all out on each model, which is a pretty delightful change up from army painting. Anyway, I'm so new I'm not even sure what to ask, but with it being a deckbuilding game, I imagine the first question would be which expansions should i grab. My personal taste run towards the chosen axes (love dwarfs, and powering up from objective grabbing seems more controllable than most) and thorns of the briar queen (since she is helpful in normal AoS games). However I don't know what generic cards are desirable, and thus don't know if certain expansions are bad from a collection standpoint. Plus any generic advice would be much appreciated. 

In the long run, you want to have every set, as they all have some cards you want to have.

I personally would advice you to get the warband you like most first, followed by Magores Fiends and Farstriders, as they have some really good cards (Great Concussion is hell for every objective player).

As there are so many cards out now, I think you should try to get some games in before buying another one or two expansions. You could have a quick browse on https://www.underworldsdb.com/ to get an impression of which cards are out there and in which expansion they are in, so you can get them in the order of your liking.

Archived