Tzaangor Change? And app question.

Reezark_SP

Hey all. I'm collecting a Tzeench army and I also picked up the Beasts of Chaos book because Tzaangors have a presence in both books and would be very easy to branch out to BoC as my 2nd army once I've collected my Tzeench army. I noticed that in the BoC book, the Tzaangors got a small nerf to their Savegery Unleashed rule. Does this nerf only apply if they are selected from the BoC book? I looked in the GH2018 book and faq/errata online and did not see any mention of Tzaangor's Savagery Unleashed rule being changed in the Disciples of Tzeench book. 

Also, some time ago the points for Tzaangor Enlightened and Skyfyres went down slightly in the app. Is the app correct or are the points values for these units still as printed in GH2018? 

Thanks!

Hey thanks Skreech for the reply! Now that I have taken a closer look at the variety of Tzaangor profiles in the BoC book, I see that the point changes I noticed in the app are consistant with the book, so that also answers my question about the points. Thanks again!

Side note: it kind of sucks that we'd be forced to buy a battletome for an army we dont play just to have the updated rules if that army happens to share some of our units. If I wasnt already interested in collecting BoC eventually I'd be pissed.

14 minutes ago, Reezark_SP said:

Side note: it kind of sucks that we'd be forced to buy a battletome for an army we dont play just to have the updated rules if that army happens to share some of our units. If I wasnt already interested in collecting BoC eventually I'd be pissed.

For just warscroll updates you can get them free off the app or games workshop website. 

28 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Tzaangor got both nerfed and buffed. Savagery Unleashed now only gets one extra attack, but now buffs beak attacks. Shields also now work for the whole unit, even if you only have one. It's probably overal a nerf, but minimum units of Tzaangor are actually more damaging than they used to be, and pretty viable. 

Plus 4 units of 10 could throw out a ton of mortal wounds if you take 6 casting heroes. 

5 minutes ago, Kevlar1972 said:

Plus 4 units of 10 could throw out a ton of mortal wounds if you take 6 casting heroes. 

It also includes new endless spells available to tzaangor shamans, speed boosts from great bray shamans, offensive boost from beastlord command ability and a formation allowing a tzaangor based army (with however much beastmen support you think is appropriate) to be single drop (or 3 drop with maxed heroes).

7 minutes ago, Reezark_SP said:

I just realized something else can my Tzaangor Shaman be an "ally" from the BoC book in my Disciples army and have access to BoC lores and endless spells?

I believe spell lores are an allegiance ability thing, so your Tzaangor shaman would not have any extra spells. It's a shame, since I'd love to ally in a shaggoth for the rend spell.

I think it is also worth nothing that Tzaangor Enlightened got a huge buff in BoC which offsets the nerfs. (riders got an extra attack and pts cost went down)

In my opinion, an all Tzaangor is looking pretty nice! Especially with the help of a Great Bray Shaman or two and a certain mega powerful bull-shaped endless spell.

Archived