Do people want Ogors to be combined with Orruks/Grots?

kenshin620

9 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

But I still think a Destruction soup book is more likely.  One that doesn't include BCR in it.

This sounds very possible. GW could push a couple of new models while at the same time releasing a book to help bring all the Destruction models not up to snuff in their own book while still making the BCR book technically relevant. They wouldn't even have to change the allies restrictions and could make BCR models a decent choice for allies in a Destruction soup book list. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hope that ogors get their own stuff, there's plenty of ogor kits for their own soup - and so much grot stuff it'd be a huge soup book even to fit just them in.

On ogor soup, I'm of two minds about it. We already have beastclaw as their own book and faction, so lumping them in would kind of de-legitimize them. On the other hand the BCR book is such a failure that we really do just need a "sorry, we'll press the reset button" like how legions of nagash was for the GA: Death book. At the end of the day I'll be happy with an update one way or the other, I'm tired of dead last finishes and never winning casuals against my friends on sylvaneth and LoN.

BCR problems can all be solved without being "Black Templared" into vanilla Ogors.

The chaff issue can be solved by making a new BCR allegiance ability that allows (remaining) wounds to count for objectives, while new Yhetee and cat sculpts would reinvigorate the aesthetics. Maybe some kind of character on a Mournfang and some point reductions, and we wouldn't be in a bad spot at all.

1 hour ago, Kyriakin said:

BCR problems can all be solved without being "Black Templared" into vanilla Ogors.

The chaff issue can be solved by making a new BCR allegiance ability that allows (remaining) wounds to count for objectives, while new Yhetee and cat sculpts would reinvigorate the aesthetics. Maybe some kind of character on a Mournfang and some point reductions, and we wouldn't be in a bad spot at all.

I completely agree and i'd like to see it.

However, realistically I feel like a Ogre soup book is coming soon (with or without BCR ) to clean up Gutbusters, Maneaters, and Firebellies. Thus I think its a more realistic solution to just roll BCR into the book. Otherwise GW need to go through the effort of writing a new BCR tome and making the models which I just don't see happening for such a small subfaction (BCR is only 5 kits I think and 3 are currently finecast which would need to be replaced).

My views are that GW had full intent in legending all of the old armies that we now have in the GH. I think they meant to reset the old world completely and push forward with AOS only armies like Sylvaneth, BCR, BS, KO, SCE, DOK, Deepkin, the Chaos God armies and others. 

I think there was a wall of push back from players with those old armies that made them pivot their direction. We are in a completely different place today then where we were in 2016 in terms of what we see with battletomes.

I think we will be getting destro soup books and a few individual ones and we will also see a free cities army to clean up order.

52 minutes ago, svnvaldez said:

I think they meant to reset the old world completely and push forward with AOS only armies like Sylvaneth, BCR, BS, KO, SCE, DOK, Deepkin, the Chaos God armies and others.

um why do you say Sylvaneth, BCR, BS, DOK, Chaos are "AoS only" armies? All of these are mostly WFB models, GW just gave them a new identity.  They can easily do the same with any of the other factions.  Only a few armies are actually brand new for AoS... Deepkin, Stormcast, KO.  The rest are recycled models into a a different flavor, could happen for anyone. 

Skimmed the thread and I'm just not sure what will happen.

Ogors are in the unfortunate place of  having no allegiance abilities (outside of GA:D) and being fractured into tiny factions. A huge shame because the kits they do have are either some great Plastics or some (at least imo) some excellently characterful sculpts.

Outside of Gutbusters, Firebellies & Maneaters, I don't think they should be combined with anything else (except maybe Aleguzzler, as it kinda fits...!) but I also don't want a bit of scenery, some spells and to call it a day. I think the Sylvaneth treatment is probably the best one here... Take the existing kits & add some new stuff to push a singular theme. Eg. they went hard on trees/ tree spirits.

What should this be for Ogors? Personally, I think it's SCRAP! Pillaging/ Feasting/ Improvides Weapons. A few ideas on this theme:

• A super elite unit of Ogors completely covered in scrap armour. Basically function as walking battering rams. No skin showing at all.
  • An allegiance ability based around killing enemy units and getting bonuses for doing so as you loot their weapons (extra attacks, more rend, +1 save from improvised Armour).
  • An allegiance ability on eating, again killing enemy units (or eating nearby grots!) for HP.
  • Scrap pile terrain piece/ scrap wagon that improves nearby units shooting/ save etc
  • Lore of MAW magic, based around blood and metal, maybe a lesser fire lore for Firebellies
  • Speaking of, Firebellies are the key figures in Ogor society as you need heat to both cook and forge weapons. Could have a Cult unit of Firebelly Ogors, with similar abilities to the hero and a source of mortal wounds.

Bit of a brain dump, but you get the idea!

6 hours ago, Charlo said:

Skimmed the thread and I'm just not sure what will happen.

Ogors are in the unfortunate place of  having no allegiance abilities (outside of GA:D) and being fractured into tiny factions. A huge shame because the kits they do have are either some great Plastics or some (at least imo) some excellently characterful sculpts.

Outside of Gutbusters, Firebellies & Maneaters, I don't think they should be combined with anything else (except maybe Aleguzzler, as it kinda fits...!) but I also don't want a bit of scenery, some spells and to call it a day. I think the Sylvaneth treatment is probably the best one here... Take the existing kits & add some new stuff to push a singular theme. Eg. they went hard on trees/ tree spirits.

What should this be for Ogors? Personally, I think it's SCRAP! Pillaging/ Feasting/ Improvides Weapons. A few ideas on this theme:

• A super elite unit of Ogors completely covered in scrap armour. Basically function as walking battering rams. No skin showing at all.
  • An allegiance ability based around killing enemy units and getting bonuses for doing so as you loot their weapons (extra attacks, more rend, +1 save from improvised Armour).
  • An allegiance ability on eating, again killing enemy units (or eating nearby grots!) for HP.
  • Scrap pile terrain piece/ scrap wagon that improves nearby units shooting/ save etc
  • Lore of MAW magic, based around blood and metal, maybe a lesser fire lore for Firebellies
  • Speaking of, Firebellies are the key figures in Ogor society as you need heat to both cook and forge weapons. Could have a Cult unit of Firebelly Ogors, with similar abilities to the hero and a source of mortal wounds.

Bit of a brain dump, but you get the idea!

Funnily enough I have the first, fourth and last of those in my Suneaters (Firebelly centric) battletome along with the third and fifth in my writeup of Gutbuster allegiance rules. Both are fairly easy to come up with something characterful without breaking the game its just a case of waiting with fingers crossed that they appear on the GW overhaul schedule within the new two years for their rules writers to get their teeth into.

Barring a few older sculpts the Ogor range has some of the most characterful models and it'd be a shame to see them reabsorbed into one soup tome rather than exploring the intricacies of the various subfactions.

17 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

Funnily enough I have the first, fourth and last of those in my Suneaters (Firebelly centric) battletome along with the third and fifth in my writeup of Gutbuster allegiance rules. Both are fairly easy to come up with something characterful without breaking the game its just a case of waiting with fingers crossed that they appear on the GW overhaul schedule within the new two years for their rules writers to get their teeth into.

Barring a few older sculpts the Ogor range has some of the most characterful models and it'd be a shame to see them reabsorbed into one soup tome rather than exploring the intricacies of the various subfactions.

Gotta say I absolutely LOVE your army dude. Quite possibly the best AoS army I've ever seen, such an excellent theme!

Archived