The most disgusting warscroll in the world

HollowHills

1 hour ago, Nos said:

Having a Chaos guy who clearly knocks Archaon out of the park is pretty dumb 

Yeah, I really want at least some narrative reason for this guy existing. He's far stronger than Archaon, yet seems to have done nothing of importance and has no where near the reach the Everchosen has.  

• Thanks 1

I was listening to that Warhammer Weekly show last night and Vince... Venturella (?) made a good point- why have they limited their sales on a model like this by making it Khorne-only? Surely it wouldn't have been too much extra work to make three other slightly different riders, at which point you could flog it to all Chaos collectors as a Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Nurgle, Khorne or Undivided dragon.

What a bizarre project all-round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Yeah, I really want at least some narrative reason for this guy existing. He's far stronger than Archaon, yet seems to have done nothing of importance and has no where near the reach the Everchosen has.  

Sweet Dragon tho

4 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

I was listening to that Warhammer Weekly show last night and Vince... Venturella (?) made a good point- why have they limited their sales on a model like this by making it Khorne-only? Surely it wouldn't have been too much extra work to make three other slightly different riders, at which point you could flog it to all Chaos collectors as a Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Nurgle, Khorne or Undivided dragon.

What a bizarre project all-round.

I've wondered about this too. The dragon doesn't look overly Khornate (remove a few skulls and symbols, paint it black and it looks like a Slaves to Darkness model) and it's not as if being able to take it in more armies would make it less popular.

The one theory I've heard (which has no evidence I could find) is that there was a plan to create giant draconic monsters for each god for the End Times (so we had the large Nurgle model and this new Khorne Dragon), but I don't know if they're still planning on that. I somehow doubt we'll see a Tzeentch or (especially) Slaanesh giant monster from Forgeworld anytime soon.  

10 hours ago, Enoby said:

Archaons never really been the strongest chaos character. He’s not the Everchosen purely on physical strength, plus he has the backing of all the gods not just 1 like this guy. 

15 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

@Arkiham out of curiosity how well did he go together?  The old FW Bloodthirster was a nightmare and needed a load of filling (as in half an inch of putty just to make the wings join), but the more recent (albeit 3d sculpted) Porhphyrion was a joy to assemble!

Not mine. Pics I get sent or shown

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...