The most disgusting warscroll in the world

HollowHills

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

That reputation is unjust now. 

All forgeworld stuff sucks for aos now  no one uses it  

Take another look at the war mammoth warscroll. It sees plenty of table time in my neck of the wood as it is grossly undercosted right now

Edited by azdimy

46 minutes ago, azdimy said:

Take another look at the war mammoth warscroll. It sees plenty of table time in my neck of the wood as it is grossly undercosted right now

It's most certainly not grossly under costed, maybe a little cheap but not miles.

Without a mark it's good not amazing, still dies like any other with a medicore save

With a mark it's better granted, but the number of mortal buffs it can receive and the rest of the army still be functional is low.

1 hour ago, Orsino said:

How many wound is this thing gonna put out each turn on average? 25? 30? And it's size means it should be able to engage multiple units at once, wiping them out at a stroke. Add in the -3 to casters within 18 and this guy seems pretty solid.

Of course, with the size of its base if you misuse the ability to hold it in reserve small fast enemy  units could quickly block of the table making it impossible to place so you end up with all those points sitting doing nothing while the puny remainder of your force gets slaughtered.

he's 1200 points, so you're not really going to fit a lot in.  With a stoker and Bloodsecrator you're already running near 1500 points, which leaves 500 points for other stuff in a large game.

I still think that If you throw this guy against a full horde of witch elves with their cauldron and they get first turn I'd imagine he's finished, he'll be a sitting duck to a heavy artillery or shooting army. 

This guy will do the damage psychologically - you see it land on the table and start convincing yourself you've lost.

14 minutes ago, Charles said:

It would be nice to have a Khorne Motal character who could actually do damage to a unit or enemy character in combat!

Lord of Khorne?!

Khorne Lord of Juggernaut??

that giant overcosted new model of Khorne from FG???

really questionable.

which hero can literally survive this guy without the doppleganger cloak in combat?????

Edited by Skreech Verminking

2 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

he's 1200 points, so you're not really going to fit a lot in.  With a stoker and Bloodsecrator you're already running near 1500 points, which leaves 500 points for other stuff in a large game.

I still think that If you throw this guy against a full horde of witch elves with their cauldron and they get first turn I'd imagine he's finished, he'll be a sitting duck to a heavy artillery or shooting army. 

This guy will do the damage psychologically - you see it land on the table and start convincing yourself you've lost.

It's always going to be a risk putting so many points into one model. You've got most of your points locked up in a 30 wound model . That's a bad deal on paper and that's the trade off. But if things go well it deletes several units wholesale per turn. And your opponent will be so focused on it the other 800 points of models can do whatever they like.

Of course this is speculation on my part, I'd love to hear from someone who's played it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Arkiham said:

That reputation is unjust now. 

All forgeworld stuff sucks for aos now  no one uses it.

Edit. The chaos dwarves stuff isn't bad, totally forgot about them. 

That's not true at all. Rogue Idol and Troll Hag see plenty of play, particularly in Iron Jaws. War mammoth is a very very desirable choice for Chaos. The Dread Saurian is definitely usable, and so is a lot of the Destruction monsters if you're running generic Destruction; especially the Magma Dragon. I have an army of  mixed Destruction, with lots of Fimir and a Merwyrm and they do just fine. Let's not start on the mayhem a Colossal Squig brings in a Moonclan army. The Exalted Keeper of Secrets is another great pick for Slaanesh, and the Mourngul still sees play in Nighthaunt lists though is usually beaten out by a Black Coach.

• Like 1

With his size he would only be able to come in to the close combat with some screen units, if opponent positioned smart. Fly + buffs on move and charge would probably help, but it would be almost all roster, that is very risky as I see.

He still can be killed with Nagash`s spell (yes, -3 to cast, but this can be outranged with Spellportals), MW spam, Archaon`s blade, many usual attacks (hello Witch Aelves or brutes under multiple Waaagh!, as an example).

To hit debuffs would largely reduce its effectiveness. And he is still only one model in terms of objective scoring.

I think this dragon is pretty fairly priced, he can do a lot, but still can be countered by many things and its positioning would be very challenging.

Edit: the model itself is amazing and I would be happy to see it on the table, should be such an epic and memorable game. Unfortunately his price makes chance for that happening very-very low ☹️

Edited by GriinWan

its been bugging me all day who this stunningly designed, several hundred quid, army destroying champion of the blood god reminded me of... 

and it just hit me, it's Sloth from The Goonies on steroids! Tempted to buy now just so I can convert an old halfling model into Chunk and have him sat next to him.

Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 14.59.45.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

You could even base him on a "Rocky...Rocky...rooooad?" And despite the complaints happening in the pet peeves thread right now, $580 model is permission in my book to yell hey yoooou guuuys whenever he lands on the field.  

Are there any spells in chaos that remove all other spell effects to ensure he doesn't get debuffed into ground? (Like archmage on dragon for order)

• Like 1

Has anyone picked up one of these models yet or seen it in person? I’m building a drying box for my models and want to know how large I’ll need it to accommodate a model this extreme (because it IS on my list of things to buy, but a pretty long way down the list).

On 10/26/2018 at 5:48 PM, Lior'Lec said:

Has anyone picked up one of these models yet or seen it in person? I’m building a drying box for my models and want to know how large I’ll need it to accommodate a model this extreme (because it IS on my list of things to buy, but a pretty long way down the list).

I have not fully assembled it yet but it 2x3ft seems like it would be enough.