Zulu style Garrek’s reavers - ideas wanted

NafNaf

Hey folks

i want to do convert up my Garreks reavers into Zulu/tribal African warriors and wanted some input/ideas about how to go about it & what to change on the models.

first off I will def be removing the top knots on the two fighters, and filling in the dodgy knorne recesses on their flesh.

I was thinking of doing headbands with feathers for the bare heads, cutting out the loin chains on Garrek and adding loin cloths/grass between their legs. I want to keep the armour on the legs, and forearms (which I know is not very African warrior, but I want them to be an amalgamation of armoured Khorramshahr warrior and zulu fighter), but was thinking of doing the grass around the top of their boots.

I will also be adding the cool pear drop shaped shields here and there, but was wondering what to do for their weapons. Keep them the same or swap for something different?

In terms of colour scheme I want to do white for the armoured bits with black patterns and leopard skin trousers (pants for you Americans ;) ). Will need to paint very dark skin on then, so any tutorials you can point me to would be very helpful.

Any suggestions/ideas please help me out :)

cheers 

@wdanjou thanks very much :)

ive started on Garrek yesterday, so I’ll post some progress soon once I’ve done him and am happy

@MacDuff yes great idea. I’ve got some marauders spears lying in my bits box so I’ll dig them out. I’ve also got some Warriors of chaos clubs that I could shave the spikes off and use to convert the rods with. Thanks for the idea :)

Right folks I have a bit of progress to show you. I’ve been working on Garrek and am fairly pleased with him. Think I’ve finished but would like your input before I move onto another.

To start I removed his topknot and added a band around his head (will be leapord skin). Then his chains  were removed and a resin loin cloth added (had a few spare in my bits box), which will also be leapord skin when painted.

The head of his axe was removed and a Zulu club added (made out of an old WOC mace) to look like one of those long executioner clubs they are armed with. Was a bit afraid it’s too long but I think it works ok.

on his LH shin I’ve sculpted some grass decoration. It works but my sculpting skills are not fantastic so def needs some improvement on the others I think.

what do you all think? Is there anything else I need to add?

as an aside is it poss to change the title of this thread as I update? Can’t see any options for it but perhaps one of you know

0C2BA05F-9016-48BE-84CF-94D69747FF26.jpeg

Done another chap for the Zulu reavers. Much more work went into this guy, and he looks much more ‘Zulu’  I feel.

sculpted his shield from scratch, which was a bit of a pain, and reworked the grass shin thingies (as they looked really ****** on Garrek, so I’ve resculpted his as well). 

Both are starting to fit in the African tribe thing now, and once they are painted it will all come together 

3F406992-E258-4ECF-B7C0-34A0588F4372.jpeg

5997D210-63BB-4004-B553-4A0571ADADA9.jpeg

B96257CE-2CBC-4DB4-AABC-9E445D3CC806.jpeg

65315941-7411-4273-B4B4-44ED425E975D.jpeg

B1AC3EEF-BB6E-4B97-B83D-E7AE856F3A56.jpeg

Archived