Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
StaceeJaxx

2K points Casual Stormcast Eternals army

Hi guys, so far I have Soul Wars & Storm Strike starter sets and wish to expand after finishing to paint what I have. Only played 4 games so far so I don't really know what I'm doing but want to get another Storm Strike & Tempest of Souls for both SCE&NH models. These being said, I wanted your input about the quality of the potential army and the level of fun it will offer for me and my opponents. I did not add anything from the Battletome as my group plays only casual and we roll on everything.

LEADER

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger 240 [General]

2x Knight-Incantor 140 x 2

Lord-Ordinator 140

Battleline

5x Sequitors - 2 Grandmaces 120

Artillery

Celestar Ballista 100

Celestar Ballista 100

Other

5x Evocators 200

6x Castigators 160

6x Castigators 160

Battalion

Hailstorm Battery 120

Endless Spells

Dais Arcanum 40

Everblaze Comet 100

TOTAL: 2000/2000 ; Wounds: 105

I'm still just building my Stormcast Eternals, but from what I've learned from the small games I've played (including with other armies), I can say that Castigators are hardly worth it. They're expensive for what they do, they are unreliable even against Daemons and Nighthaunt, and they're not Battleline. For the Battalion, take one or two minimum-sized groups and get more Sequitors, or maybe get some cool character (Lord-Exorcist would fit the theme) instead with those points. I mean you pay 80 points for 3 models who can do 3-9 wounds to Nighthaunt and Daemons, 3 wounds against everything else. Daughters of Khaine get 10 Witch- Aelves for 100 points, or 90 if they take maxed out squads. Even for fluffy lists, that's bad. If they were damage 2 or something, then sure, but they just don't do it for me, even if they're for that Battalion.

Which brings us to Sequitors. There has been a lot of discussion about the sweet-spot concerning their unit size. I'd always go for either 10 or 20-man squads. Five Sequitors get surrounded and killed easily. Also, your Lord-Arcanum's buff will affect more Sequitors. If you don't want to go hard-core annoying, I'd go for 10-man squads, since Arcanum-buffed, 20-strong units of Sequitors are a big middle finger to most players (Aelves especially). Besides, I think that a nice phalanx of 2x10 Sequitors looks cool. Or just bump one of those to 10 strong and have the two 5 strong units guard the flanks.

Evocators are always sweet, just remember that they are better as a counter-punch unit (like all the other foot-slogging Paladins).

Don't know a thing about Endless Spells, so not much I can comment on those, other than that the models seem cool.

On the other hand, your army is really thematic and fits the Soul Wars theme perfectly. I'm not entirely sold on the Hailstorm Battery, but unless you want to buy more Evocators, no other Battalion is available for you. I love to play with spellslinger-lists myself, since they do feel really different from other Chambers and they have a few fun tricks up their sleeve. Your list has relatively little in the melee damage department and durability (for a Stormcast army), so if you play against Khorne, Ironjawz or Khailebron Daughters of Khaine, you're in for a ride.

• Thanks 1

I don't think that the castigator and hailstorm battery is worthy of their points. Ordinator+4*ballista is more devastating, basically you have a high chance to shoot your rival's hq (4+ save with less than 10 wounds) dead in one turn.  Then you get 240 points left. Either expand your 5 sequitors unit into a 10 one, bring one more unit of evocators and bring several units of skinks is a good and cheap choice.

• Thanks 1