Dreadfleet Battletome

Twisted Firaun

Pirates and undead are a winning combination, it is strange that nothing has happened in aos, if they fix the wraithtfleet of firestorm to update it to the new edition, or simply including it in the rules of LoN, would be an incredible boost for modelers. Ironclad turned into zombie navies, not to mention the Idoneth converted into zombies or ghosts.  I can not wait to see what you will create.

11 minutes ago, Espy85 said:

Pirates and undead are a winning combination, it is strange that nothing has happened in aos, if they fix the wraithtfleet of firestorm to update it to the new edition, or simply including it in the rules of LoN, would be an incredible boost for modelers. Ironclad turned into zombie navies, not to mention the Idoneth converted into zombies or ghosts.  I can not wait to see what you will create.

Thanks, I mostly plan on having a mixture of vampire coast units and my own mad designs. I currently am planning to stop by my local store this weekend to pick up the following

1) shipwreck(to make the necrofex colossus)

2) Ogors(animated hulks)

3)Zombies and free guild(Pirate crew and general  infantry)

• 3 weeks later...

Those hulks would be immortal if they can return D3 Models with 6 Wounds each while having a 5++

You can switch out some unit names and most Warscrolls would already exist:

Animated Hulks: Crypt Horrors

Undead Leviathan: Arachnarok

Bloated Corpse: Mangler Squig? Though on entering combat it explodes 9“: roll a dice for every Model within range on a 4+ that model suffers a mortal would. If the affected model has 3 or more wounds you roll D3 dice, if it has 6 or more wounds you roll D6 dice, if it has 9 or more you roll 2D6 dice

Zombie Deckhands: Black Ark Corsairs without armor

hangunners: Zombies hitting on 5s wounding on 3s - mass bonus of +1 to hit and at max rerolling 1s to wound.

Etc. etc.

i have to agree that GW is really wasting an awesome opportunity here (those Depth Guards! <3)

Edited by JackStreicher

On 10/17/2018 at 6:33 PM, TheR00zle said:

Thanks, I mostly plan on having a mixture of vampire coast units and my own mad designs. I currently am planning to stop by my local store this weekend to pick up the following

1) shipwreck(to make the necrofex colossus)

2) Ogors(animated hulks)

3)Zombies and free guild(Pirate crew and general  infantry)

regarding 1), I build a ship(wreck) for my undead army from the idoneth ship, playable as 2 mortis engines (you can separate them). so it's doable :)

InShot_20181113_131251112.jpg

InShot_20181113_131106114.jpg

InShot_20181113_131439190.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, tea_wild_owl said:

regarding 1), I build a ship(wreck) for my undead army from the idoneth ship, playable as 2 mortis engines (you can separate them). so it's doable :)

Damn that's good, also I'm looking for some advise guys, what model should I use for the Bloated Corpse? or should I just not include it and replace it with one of my own crazy ideas?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tea_wild_owl said:

Aarrgh...you almost caught myp project... uff, luckyly  my one is developing in different way, moreover cause the crew and the magnets^^

Really awesome project anyway.

The only thing I don't find completely fitting is the dread abyssal part of the model, I don't know, maybe changing the angle.

Anyway again nice model.

When I finished mine we can compare them^^

Another unit down! this time it's the Syreens!

Often when a chip leaves port, the crew leaves behind their loved ones. whether these be a worried mother, a caring lover, or a sibling who was promised wonderful stories, these worried souls often wait at the shore hoping for a sign of a familiar sail. Sadly many brave souls do not return, their ships lost to the deep. The grief that these poor souls feel causes them to toss themselves into the waters. But their spirits do not rest, now they sing for eternity, desperately trying to reunite with their lost sailors.syreens.jpg.ab5750b600c7becf8f8d300d0c6b5423.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...