Armoured Moonclan - A slow work in progress

Epobleepo

Hi all, just want to share this concept and work in progress I've been working on. I always loved the moonclan and regular orruks but think they were lacking a bit for AoS with the ironjawz. I set about creating the theme for an armoured Moonclan who scrapped together bits and bobs, I'll flesh out the lore and backstory eventually once I get more of this done.

A very slow WIP of the first grot in his fully armoured form, still rocking the classic hood, stabba and shield. Looking to expand this into a full force, maybe some armoured squigs who knows, no limits with the greenskins.

Still refining the paint but it's a good base. Happy for any C&C to be thrown my way too. Will be updating as the project moves forward. 

20181014_113210.jpg.c8fc492614a190ff92a696b12a29459c.jpg

20181014_113242.jpg

20181014_113223.jpg

Thanks for all your comments, much appreciated. There's for sure a lot to do. 

On 10/18/2018 at 5:29 PM, mDaro said:

Care to post a step by step? I'd like to do a small unit for my Skarsnik hero.

For the conversion side of things, it's a tedious process of chopping up a bloodbowl goblin and finding the right position for the regular moonclan parts. Can see lots of greenstuff needed for some of the more difficult poses, especially when it will come to squig hoppers. 

For the colours the whole mini is primed black and then overspray of white.

Robes: 

several washes of nuln oil, depends on how dark you want them, then an edge highlight I went for celestra grey here.

Skin:

Waagh flesh basecoat, highlight of skarsnik green, followed by nurgling green. After this cadian fleshtone on the nose and washed all the skin with anthoian camoshade. 

Armour/Yellow:

So the yellow is quite tedious, very thin layers and it's very time-consuming. You can use any yellow you want over the base of the white, down to preference. This is followed by a darker shade of brown, you can use something like burnt umber here or mahogany works quite nicely. Lastly, a subtle shade of violet to give some more depth to the transition.  Just take your time here, build it up smooth. I added some checks to mine with some black after these steps. 

Hope that helps, I'm also working on some greenskins with a similar aesthetic for  a combined orc and goblins waagh of the old world. The regular orruk doesn't get much love in age of sigmar and that needs to change. 

Archived