Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ben

All hail the GT Champion - GT Final Rundown thread

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, LLV said:
Rank Name Faction Wins
1 Ben Savva Daughters of Khaine 6
2 Robert Sedgman  Nighthaunt 6
3 Terry Pike Maggotkin of Nurgle 5
4 Gary Percival Stormcast 5
5 Steve Curtis Legions of Nagash 4
6 Nick Thompson Daughters of Khaine 5
7 Chris Myhill Order 5
8 Dan Bradshaw Idoneth Deepkin 5
9 Tony Moore Legions of Nagash 5
10 Colin Cochrane Daughters of Khaine 4
11 Ritchie McAlley Sylvaneth 4
12 Russ Veal Blades of Khorne 4
13 Andy Hughes Legions of Azghor 4
14 Rich Arnold Legions of Nagash 4
15 Ian Spink Bonesplittaz 4
16 Simon Eccles Legions of Nagash 4
17 Mattie Castle Daughters of Khaine 4
18 Paul Buckler Stormcast 4
19 Rob Symes Legions of Azghor 4
20 Craig Chesters Daughters of Khaine 4
21 James Tinsdal Idoneth Deepkin 4
22 Shaun Lang Legions of Nagash 4
23 Simon Froley Daughters of Khaine 4
24 Adam Riley Stormcast 3
25 Darren Watson Blades of Khorne 3
26 Sam Loving Stormcast 3
27 Michael Wilson Hosts of Slaanesh 4
28 Carl Martin Seraphon 3
29 Andy Bryan Stormcast 3
30 Craig Namvar Sylvaneth 4
31 Adrian McWalter Chaos 3
32 Alex Bruce Order 3
33 Nigel Corton Sylvaneth 3
34 Chris McConville Daughters of Khaine 3
35 Tom Parry Stormcast 3
36 Sam Saunders Chaos 3
37 Andy Scott Legions of Nagash 3
38 Ric Myhill Beasts of Chaos 3
39 Oscar Lars Knutsson Stormcast 2
40 Chris Hibbins Sylvaneth 2
41 Kevin Pedrick Daughters of Khaine 3
42 Hugh Halligan Free People 3
43 Nico Ruesink-Brown Maggotkin of Nurgle 3
44 Dan Ford Blades of Khorne 3
45 Steve Dooley Darkling Covens 2
46 Frank Straw Blades of Khorne 3
47 James Williams Disciples of Tzeentch 3
48 Sal Bellomo Stormcast 3
49 Andrea Beda Seraphon 2
50 Tom Merker Hosts of Slaanesh 3
51 Byron Orde Order 2
52 Rob Hull Legions of Nagash 3
53 Ant Lewis Legions of Nagash 2
54 Matt Gouldesbrough   3
55 Matt Lyons Disciples of Tzeentch 2
56 Jani Szaniszlo Daughters of Khaine 2
57 Chris Mills Maggotkin of Nurgle 2
58 Ben Baugh Stormcast 2
59 Rich Morley Legions of Nagash 2
60 Larbi Benyounes Maggotkin of Nurgle 2
61 Joel Smith Maggotkin of Nurgle 2
62 Alex Jones Ironjawz 2
63 Andy Woods Nighthaunt 2
64 Steve Wren Disciples of Tzeentch 1
65 Lee Kay Maggotkin of Nurgle 1
66 Balal Zafar Idoneth Deepkin 2
67 Josh Richards Darkling Covens 1
68 Rob Bradley Maggotkin of Nurgle 2
69 Declan Waters Destruction 1
70 Jack Spencer Flesh Eater Courts 1
71 Andrew Davies Maggotkin of Nurgle 1
72 Matt Arnold Stormcast 1
73 Jack McQuiggin Seraphon 1

That’s great just sad to see that there wasn’t even 1skaven player?

But still it’s great to see that there still are some people playing the great allegiances.

and some of them seem to place rather high.

 

 

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skaven do not have any optimized tournament builds, i dont think its surprising that we dont see them here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

That’s great just sad to see that there wasn’t even 1skaven player?

But still it’s great to see that there still are some people playing the great allegiances.

and some of them seem to place rather high.

 

 

 

The Maggotkin army I faced did contain 80 Plague Monks and a Plague Furnace!

  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I expected few Destruction players, the zero Fyreslayers and KO players stands out as both are new factions to AOS. Kind of sad-funny that LoA was more popular than all 3 Order Duardin combined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dead Scribe said:

Skaven do not have any optimized tournament builds, i dont think its surprising that we dont see them here.

Does the gautfire scorch or whatever it was called not work anymore? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

While I expected few Destruction players, the zero Fyreslayers and KO players stands out as both are new factions to AOS. Kind of sad-funny that LoA was more popular than all 3 Order Duardin combined.

There's an ancient and beloved GW practice where dwarves are concerned. 

Chaos is too good?  No problem.  Chaos is supposed to be good.

Elves are too good?  There will be a new edition to iron it out in 2 years. 

Undead are too good?  No such thing as too good. 

Dwarves are slightly above average?  Nerf 'em into the stone age within 3 weeks.

 

(Of course, the greenskin problem is that they are never too good, doin't even need the nerfing.  They usually get it anyway though hahaha)

Edited by amysrevenge
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

There's an ancient and beloved GW practice where dwarves are concerned. 

Chaos is too good?  No problem.  Chaos is supposed to be good.

Elves are too good?  There will be a new edition to iron it out in 2 years. 

Undead are too good?  No such thing as too good. 

Dwarves are slightly above average?  Nerf 'em into the stone age within 3 weeks.

 

(Of course, the greenskin problem is that they are never too good, doin't even need the nerfing.  They usually get it anyway though hahaha)

Hahaha this is both the truest and funniest thing I’ve read on here in a while ! 

Top work ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To all the Duardin players out there grumbling (as is their want) about lack of army being played  - get out there and represent! There is ONE registered Dispossessed player in 18 events acrosss multiple continents...ONE!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, LLV said:

To all the Duardin players out there grumbling (as is their want) about lack of army being played  - get out there and represent! There is ONE registered Dispossessed player in 18 events acrosss multiple continents...ONE!

That’s probably bc the sales are direct only for a lot of the range though also, combined with troops that are equally as real money inefficient as witch aelves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2018 at 5:37 PM, Paxter said:

Would really suck if they change the rules to the point its unplayable in a competitive environment like what they did to the Tzeentch...

160 points Hag, Pax. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a bit sad that the Seraphon nerf hit so hard that only three guys even tried.
I thought they were on a good way to find their place balance-wise, but the first AoS2 FAQ probably was a bit too much. Sure, Kroak was too strong pre-FAQ, but instead of toning stuff a bit down they killed it completely.
So many options in that army but most of them are so mediocre in a competitive environment. Seraphon probably need a rework to find their place in the game, because for some reason they seem to be hard to tune. Either they are totally OP or pretty bad, rarely something in between, and I am puzzled why it has to be that way.

(And yes I know other armies have it way worse. At least Seraphon are mediocre and fun to play)

Anyway, congratulations to all who fought in a GT!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 4:43 PM, LLV said:

To all the Duardin players out there grumbling (as is their want) about lack of army being played  - get out there and represent! There is ONE registered Dispossessed player in 18 events acrosss multiple continents...ONE!

They would need a substantial rules change and points drop to make them even close to tournament viable and optimal before you start seeing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

Is Russ Veal on here or does anyone happen to know his Blades of Khorne list he ran? 

Hopefully he will talk about it on Facehammer with Terry as both went to the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have info on Chris Myhills list?  ive heard his SCGT list was an eclectic mix of order factions.  If his GT list was similar it would be great to get feedback or details on it, its great to see Grand Allegiance lists hitting hard when they are generally slated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 9:02 PM, Kevlar1972 said:

Does the gautfire scorch or whatever it was called not work anymore? 

It never really did :)

Now it is more expensive, and people are finally learning how to deploy against it. In the absence of the latter, it does really well, but that is more of an indication of the skill of those facing it than it is the strength of Gautfyre Skorch itself ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stato said:

Anyone have info on Chris Myhills list?  ive heard his SCGT list was an eclectic mix of order factions.  If his GT list was similar it would be great to get feedback or details on it, its great to see Grand Allegiance lists hitting hard when they are generally slated.

It was an eclectic order mix but I don’t have the list sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mayple said:

It never really did :)

Now it is more expensive, and people are finally learning how to deploy against it. In the absence of the latter, it does really well, but that is more of an indication of the skill of those facing it than it is the strength of Gautfyre Skorch itself ;)

Or people who didn’t even know it existed in the first place, like me :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

Or people who didn’t even know it existed in the first place, like me :) 

Solid point, yes :) And to elaborate, or re-iterate; I don't intend to say that players who can't outdeploy it are bad (there are other, far more important measures of their skill than their ability to deal with this specific battalion), but not oudeploying it means that it -appears- as a strong battalion -Either way, the Gautfyre Skorch is -incredibly- weak if counter-deployed. The Skryre player can outright lose the game before the game has even started. And vica versa if the opponent doesn't deploy properly.

I am super biased though, I think Gautfyre Skorch is a terrible battalion - Both in terms of effectiveness, and healthy game mechanics. A "I win before the game starts, or I lose" all-in-one-basket kind of battalion approach is incredibly unfun to play with, or against. 

Luckily it is not Skryre's only way to play. Simply the one we keep hearing about.

Edited by Mayple

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stato said:

Anyone have info on Chris Myhills list?  ive heard his SCGT list was an eclectic mix of order factions.  If his GT list was similar it would be great to get feedback or details on it, its great to see Grand Allegiance lists hitting hard when they are generally slated.

I'd also like to see the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working on getting it. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...