Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red Drake

Eyes of the nine

Is anyone thinking about this warband yet? I’ve noticed there’s a let’s chat on the grots but not these guys. 

What do people thing this warband will be like? What cards seem good for them?

I already play a very defensive SG deck. Will these guys play well being very aggressive?

I hate to say it, but they look really fragile. They have the least starting wounds of any warband, albeit they can summon a model through an action. 

Bu they just have mediocre defense stats, and that combined with so few wounds, it just doesn't look good in my mind. They'll have to have some pretty great cards available, and even then they just seen paper thin and they don't even hit very hard in combat. 

Well I noticed the Leader can get a 3 damage ranged attack. With an upgrade and when inspired. 

Plus im used to squishy fighters I play SG already. It would be a nice change to actually get shields, or 2 defence dice 

Don't get me wrong, they look really cool and interesting. I want them to work well, it's just starting with 4 models and so few wounds sounds is scary. 

I do really like the idea of summoning a blue horror on any starting hex, and then the fact that that model is a chore to get rid of because you have to kill it twice. That could be really annoying to deal with. 

I also really like the idea of a 3 damage spell slinger. 

I get the feeling that movement shenanigans may very well end up being the name of the game for this warband. The swap two fighters within 3 hexes of each other (Bound by Fate) card for example has some serious potential in my mind for charging in a horror and then swapping it out with K'charik, if you can setup the proper spacing. 

Deceitful step also seems to play into that theme of movement shenanigans. A more flexible if a little bit unpredictable illusory fighter seems really fun. 

Hopefully this all comes together to allow them to make some relatively "safe" attacks without exposing themselves too much. All bets are off though against Aggro skaven and bloodreavers.

47 minutes ago, Red Drake said:

I just can’t wait to see the cards in that pack and the goblin pack

This a hundred times over.

@Skyeline I think you’ve got it backward: you want to charge in with K’Charik and swap him back with a horror, which can then get turned into a pink horror who is now providing an assist for a ranged attack from an acolyte three hexes away, which now inspires the acolyte, etc. 

Anyway, I agree that their faction-specific cards will be key. 

• Like 2

@Tutenkharnage Not necessarily backwards. If you're not worried about the prospect of taking a lethal return hit, leaving a 3 damage fighter available for a charge or a move can be very useful. I'd also considered the usage in the other direction like you mentioned, as the blue horror does seriously seem to open up some really cool opportunities. Having to eat up an extra action just to kill the damn thing is going to be incredibly frustrating.

Really this just highlights the flexibility of that card! Mere days away now..

• Like 1

the new universal objectives in this 3 new expansions (eyes of the 9, gitz, echoes of glory) will change the game. now strategies different from "killing everything with a 4 dmg attack" are seriously avaiable again without focusing on grab objectives token. really good expansions. 

in my opinion from now it will start again to see decks as SG as there are so many valid objectivess that do not involve the killing of models.

Great concussion will cease to be the terror of control decks

I actually think the Horror -> Brimstone mechanic will be very useful for tying up enemy activations/actions without giving up too much glory (it appears that you don't lose the glory when the Brimstone is put on the board). So against super killy teams, they'll have to utilise a minimum of 2 actions to get a glory, which has the potential to be really good.

• Like 2

I'm interested, they're a ranged Warband that also has a fairly solid melee monster in the Tzaangor. Seems tricky to play, but that's Tzeentch in a nutshell.

So how does deathly fortitude work with the blue/brimstone horrors? To me it looks like when the "5" wound blue horror dies, you it flips over and turns into a "3" wound brimstone horror. Seems like a great way to have them stick around extra long and be super irritating.

Yep! The upgrade applies to both sides. 

You could go crazy, put that AND against growth on the same horror, get a 6/5 health horror, and do some crazy things with it. 

Tome of glory, acolyte of the katophranes, all the katophranes relics. 

4 hours ago, Anthony225 said:

So how does deathly fortitude work with the blue/brimstone horrors? To me it looks like when the "5" wound blue horror dies, you it flips over and turns into a "3" wound brimstone horror. Seems like a great way to have them stick around extra long and be super irritating.

I put Deadly Fortitude and Sudden Growth once on Horror. It was fun, cuz i summoned him in center of my enemy board. Stationary gun that was pushing Cursbreakers around :)