BCR/Gutbuster - list building / collection pruning

sorokyl

Hi guys

I have kind of gone overboard and wound up with too much destruction (most of it 2nd hand).     I need to get rid of some of it but I am trying to find a balance between what is useful to keep or not.  I have never played a game with destruction, so not sure what is good / fun / versatile, etc. I'm looking for advice like "You probably won't need more than 8 mournfang" or "You should definitely keep the Grots").  

I am interested in playing these allegiances:  GA Destruction, Gutbusters,  maybe a little BCR (friend plays BCR so don't want to focus on that), and eventually Moonclan
Also, I don't want to just get rid of units that may have "bad" warscrolls, I trust new battletomes will come out, balancing will happen, etc. 
I  don't plan on playing lists bigger than 2k.

All that said, here is my inventory. This is about 10k, I hope to cut it down to maybe 6-8k. Thanks for any opinions:

Gutbuster:
2x Tyrant (keep 1?)
2x Butcher (no cauldron) (keep 1?)
1x Butcher (cauldron)
15 x Ironguts 
12 x Leadbelchers 
24 x Ogors 
40 x Grots 
1 x Grot Scraplauncher 
1 x Ironblaster

BCR:
2x Thundertusk
2x Stonehorn
3x Stonehorn/Thundertusk (not assembled, can magnetize) 
(keep 1 Tundertusk 1 stonehorn  2 magnetized? Can never play more than 4 at once in 2k game right? what saddle options are more useful without BCR allegiance?)
12 riders for the above (some assembled some not, lots of options, will magnetize to beasts)
(keep 2 Frostlord, 2 bird guys, 2 chain trap 2  harpoon launchers?)
14 x Mournfang 
(keep 6? or 8?)
1x Icebrow Hunter (inclined to sell)
3 x Icefall Yhetees (inclined to sell)
6 x Frost Sabres (inclined to sell)

Moonclan:(holding pattern, waiting for battletome?
1x Grot Warboss 
1x Moonclan Grot Shaman
2x Fungoid Cave Shaman (plan to sell 1)
6 x Grot Fanatics 
80 x Moonclan Grots 

Other:
1x Arachnarok (keep)
1x Firebelly 
15 x Grot Spider Riders 
20 x Savage Orruks 
3 x Gore Gruntas  (inclined to sell)
1x Rogue Idol (keep)
1x Aleguzzler Gargant (keep) 

46 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Gutbuster:
2x Tyrant (keep 1?) (if on sprue, magnetize one and lose the other)
2x Butcher (no cauldron) (keep 1?) (butcher without cauldron is totally useless)
24 x Ogors (don't think you can even field more than 18 without it being too costly. But Ogors are great)
40 x Grots  (def keep, they are great in 2.0)

BCR:
2x Thundertusk
2x Stonehorn
3x Stonehorn/Thundertusk (not assembled, can magnetize) 
(keep 1 Tundertusk 1 stonehorn  2 magnetized? Can never play more than 4 at once in 2k game right? what saddle options are more useful without BCR allegiance?)
12 riders for the above (some assembled some not, lots of options, will magnetize to beasts)

(you don't have to glue the saddles. Look up The Dark Artisan video on magnetising beastclaw. He'll explain what I mean. You are right though max Behemoths at 2k is 4.

(keep 2 Frostlord, 2 bird guys, 2 chain trap 2  harpoon launchers?) (magnetize it. It's not hard I can show you some pictures if you need)
14 x Mournfang 
(keep 6? or 8?) (you will never need more than 12, you can survive with 8 )
1x Icebrow Hunter (inclined to sell) (I mean if you have him already keep him. He's finecast and is expensive from GW)
3 x Icefall Yhetees (inclined to sell) (Yhetee's are the best unit BCR has atm. But 3 won't cut it alone)
6 x Frost Sabres (inclined to sell)  (sell, terrible models)

Other:
3 x Gore Gruntas  (inclined to sell) (don't sell. 3 more and you have Braggoth beast hammer battalion)

Sorry for the crappy format.

I Bear in mind that a) I’m a bit biased towards Gutbusters and b) that things may change for them, so advice is based on current rules, but :

keep 2 tyrants, and 2 butchers (including the one with cauldron). They’re just too useful, and in 2k+ I always run at least 2 tyrants.

15 ironguts seems a lot to me, I tend to run them in 6s, but I don’t run IG heavy lists.

12 leadbelchers seems ok, I run units of 6 again. They are nice battleline if gutbuster allegiance.

24 ogors is what I have kept too x a big block of 12 ogors is IMO one of the best battleline options for mixed destruction. MSU units of 3 have their use too.

40 gross is a decent tarpit, though you can go up to 60. Nothing to stop you using moonclan grots here though, so if you’re keeping those, I’d lose these.

scraplaunchers and ironblasters are both a bit weak currently, although I do trot out the odd ironblaster because the model is cool. Neither are essential.

BCR:

yes, 4 behemoths max in 2k, magnetising is good if you can do it. There are various configurations that are good - multiple thundertusks, for example, even multiple huskards on tusks. Frost Lord is better on a stonehorn, but I wouldn’t take more than one.

I’d keep max 8 mournfang.

the hunter and sabres can form a Skal, which is a useful battalion. The yhetees are actually quite decent, though the models put a lot of people of playing them.

Moonclan:

personally I’d ditch most of this, but that’s personal preference. Keep a fungoid shaman. I think even if moonclan get a book, you are going to need a lot more than this to complete an army.

the rest:

Again, feels a bit “bitty” even in a mixed destro list (but I did say I was biased). I’d keep the gore gruntas, in case you want to run the beast hammer battalion from bcr.

*edit* ninja’d ?

Archived