Just now, EMMachine said:

Actually no. The legs are Lion Ranger Legs. (They are quite similar, but lion rangers have metal leg armour while Shadow Warriors have knee long boots.

I think one two reasons were, that the Wildrider/Sisters of the Thorn Weaponskirts are more similar than the Dragonblades design and I had the legs because of some conversions in this project:

The Lion Lord has actually the legs of a Dragon Lord and it's possible that mounted heroes will get the Dragonnobles legs.

I know they were similar but for some reason I couldn't see the metal leg armor. I thought I saw the boots.  RIP my vision lol

That is fair, using the bits you have is always a good reason :P I did notice the Lion Lord did have them though so differentiating them is a good decision.

Are you willing to share what you plan on working on in the future? Like ideas or plans?

1 minute ago, Rhivan said:

I know they were similar but for some reason I couldn't see the metal leg armor. I thought I saw the boots.  RIP my vision lol 

Fun fact, the legs of the Skycutter Crew is similar too (used those legs for my Maiden Guard Heros in my Faithful of Eloni project)

3 minutes ago, Rhivan said:

That is fair, using the bits you have is always a good reason :P I did notice the Lion Lord did have them though so differentiating them is a good decision.

The main reason (besides I have them) was, that it isn't easy to get legs that fit for someone riding a monster.

5 minutes ago, Rhivan said:

Are you willing to share what you plan on working on in the future? Like ideas or plans?

Hm. Besides writting fan battletomes and trying to paint everything and failing miserably ?

I actually ordered 3 Lion Chariots and a Archmage Box. I want to build a Lion Noble on Chariot, (if I find my Harpoon a Hunter Chariot)

On Saturday is Storebirthday in Wiesbaden and I want to bring all 3 Lion Warrior Units to 20 Models, buy 3 more Lion Chariots for a second unit and another Noble kit so I can make a Mounted Noble.

Excellent work. I look forward to more of your work. My Lion Rangers ahave been slow growing while working on some conversions and trying to get my Slaanesh army painted up. But this project log is really fueling my desire to get back to it. Thanks for providing motivation. 

Much like your sisters, I may also have to borrow your lion cav conversion (with the wild rider legs). I currently have 5 remaining (6 have been used for "gryph hounds"). Seems like a great way to utilize the models. 

• Thanks 1

Excellent work. I look forward to more of your work. My Lion Rangers ahave been slow growing while working on some conversions and trying to get my Slaanesh army painted up. But this project log is really fueling my desire to get back to it. Thanks for providing motivation. 

Much like your sisters, I may also have to borrow your lion cav conversion (with the wild rider legs). I currently have 5 remaining (6 have been used for "gryph hounds"). Seems like a great way to utilize the models. 

It's battletometime again. This time with a newcomer.

I rearranged the Cavalry units of Swifthawk Agents (without Skycutters) and Order Draconis to a Battletome I called Aelfian Knightly Order version 0.9

I also made some changes to the rules (lance- and spear rules of the Dark Elves Legends List).

The rule for running and  movement for piling In of the chariot is now a Allegiance Ability.

Chariot has now 4 Shots with Bows + the Quickshot Rule of the Reavers.

Reavers lost the ability to move after shooting (could be a Battalion rule)

Dragonblades are now "Paladins", and there are Paladins on Demygryphs, a Paladin Chariot and a High Lord on a Griffon (in size of the Imperial Griffon)

Also Knights in form of Silverhelmets are back.

In the end this could be the army for the Aelfen Hussars in this project, even Order Draconis isn't included yet.

What do you think? Where are still errors. I would like to hear your feedback.

Edited by EMMachine

For the Brotherhoods of Korhil! For the Great Lion!

So, a little more building. I got my parts for 30 more Lion Warriors last Thursday. Here we have this:
MyvMpvqazXJNXL9XZsRrzywXPlAX0axVRUC9Ml70

I also have another Lion Noble. Built my so-called "Master of the Hunt".
RyxWj_FndG-nV-G6bg_N4t42t62QLgtVnd2pAeTi

After the chest plate looks very much like Dragon Noble, I also missed the other one extra coat.
pbIH0Yd_ZgNAbXZJMWiNzgQuy7ovn8djEccAyqQb

I've also made a little extra for the army. There has since accumulated a lot. Only I buy and glue faster than I paint.

OQqtPYQQAgrmkTA7qSqIgbcbC50UxUx6FYHpeGdd

q62EXXR6wjRRcWgcDdE6XuqwvhbnKF7ojn7UUuty

bkgJh2DXilhjpMtSmdcE_K4ooTLCCsfWyhIUtCII

That's about 3110 points now.

What else have I done? I built a Savant Mage from the other model. I'm just a little hesitant, if the model is a failure or if it might look good when painted.

yGW0YNtLWUaOw8N0g-IUCe3lpTx6sNU5FRevce2h
YadC78zuHytxMXrIwqM5Fxq34AZu-1h90A_VstVT
And those of you who know my fan-made Lion Rangers Battletome know that there is a Hunter Chariot there as well. Here is the first model in parts.

HqMcl8UOiVrrmJdQUabV4yluZS771B6vHtPGw9lK

Edited by EMMachine
  • Like 3

So, version 2.5 of my Brotherhood of Korhil Battletome is online.

I've built in more background, including mentions that belonged to the Grand Alliance Order book, the attack on Hammerhal from the novel of the same name, and Trystra's story of "The Red Hour," which I've just read.
Maybe someone here could tell me if the name of the environment is correct on Trystra's mission (I only have the German version of the book)

Regarding rules, I have again made changes to my militia.
My Lion Recruits now also have two-handed players like the Lion Warriors, with one attack, a 4+ save, and a full guardian, and get through this +1 on Bravery and the 5+ save against fleeing they had before, but have no standard more. (The reason is that they want to become Lion Warriors and therefore maybe they should use Great Lion Axes before).
The Lion Archers now also have a full-fledged huntmaster, similar to the Recurrits +1 on Bravery and the 5+ Save against the ones they had before. They have lost the Aelfen Archery (which was only used on 20 or more models, but the unit only has 20 models as its maximum size.
My idea for the Militia is that maybe they should not have a plum on the helmet.

Here I also submit version 2.5.1.

I made slight changes to the prayers of the Savant Priest. Now the prayer itself indicates what valid target the prayer has, Healing Hand can now be spoken to any Brotherhoods of Korhil unit, the other two are still limited to Lion Guard and Militia . In addition each of the prayers can only be spoken once per round.
The idea behind it was that if I had to make additional prayers about Allegiance Abilites, I'd be freer with it and not just a copy of the Sigmar Priests.

But I also had a buggy melee profile of the Lion Riders (there was, for whatever reason, the profile of the Lion Chariots slipped in). I have corrected the mistake now.
After a comparison with other cavalry units I noticed one thing. I basically had the Lion Riders in the wrong cavalry segment all the time. GW has two divisions, but one does not always see the meaning of the number.

Cavalry with 2-3 Wounds and 5 models
Monstrous cavalry with 4+ wounds and 2-3 models
I had my Lion Riders between the two areas. From the number of wounds, they were regular cavalry but I have treated them like Monstrous Cavalry in terms of unit size and point cost (in part, probably because of the acquisition cost).
I've now downgraded them to 2 Wounds (3 Wound Cavalry are mostly Blood Knights and Chaos Knights and even on a Lion, it is questionable if the Lion Riders are as resilient as the other two). I really can not get them to the level of monstrous cavalry (meaning 4 wounds) through the values the Chariot and the War Lions have.
Point Technically, I have now classified them once at 200 points (regular cavalry with 2 Wounds usually has a maximum of 160 points, Blood Knights are currently the most expensive with 240 points for 3 Wounds if I have overlooked nothing).

Edited by EMMachine

So, yesterday I looked through my bits and noticed very quickly that I still have everything I need to build a mounted Tamer.

ACtC-3euuV5u2Dp6Is-hPPc75hOZL20bH8uoL5q5

ACtC-3eueTKnp0TPOOVRCbxpkpW1v0FaNlxS3J4M

ACtC-3eXaw9fDdAA1NFp4wcgQROaEcv3gSvKrDsP

I will also try to get a few more Lion Riders (for a second unit), after I raised them from 3 to 5 models and now my unit currently has a model more than needed.

Edited by EMMachine
Pictures repaired

On 11/29/2018 at 5:51 PM, Kordan said:

I really like the gold and red, it really fits the elf regalness.

Thanks, but actually it wasn't planed as a regal theme. More as a Aqshy Themed Army.

So, at the end of the weekend, there is version 2.6 of the Brotherhoods of Korhil Battletome.

In addition to the expansion of the background, there are now Throwing Axes (which only have a 4 + / 4 + profile) for all melee units and the option for Warrior Blades on Recruits, Warriors and Lion Riders which cause 2 hits on an unmodified hit roll of 6 ,
Hunter have only have a  To-Hit roll of 4+ on their Hunter blades. And there is now a mounted version
Regarding the Savants, there is now a variant on War Lion
And a High Mage / High Priest variant riding on an Emperor Lion. (However, one is limited to a total of two).

Edited by EMMachine

8 hours ago, Kordan said:

Sorry, now that you point it out they do look like their on fire. But still, I really like the work you have done.

There is no point to say sorry, after it could be a regal theme (perhaps with with cloth instead of the dark grey one I used), it wasn't meant to be in this case.

Edited by EMMachine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EMMachine said:

So, here is version 2.6.1

This is a pure background update. I've made some minor corrections and added, "The different cultures of brotherhoods," which now contains much of the text that was previously with the War Lions, as a new part of the lore
Overall, the Battletome was one page longer.

Looks great 

So, a little update here. After I made the lion's head in the background, which is in the Lion Chariots, a status symbol that the member has passed the Tamer exam, now my Lion Riders have also received the lion's head for their fur cape. In addition, I had increased the unit from 3 to 5, so I have now built a second unit to accommodate the previous 6th model.

ACtC-3eYYfrWKnSlzDQquMufdGxpEJ5r9zot-jfe

ACtC-3f-753RigsISUQKjeQgqT45nWjEoOlnRb3G

ACtC-3di4UkKHoBjeRlqU9JmZsNGSzlqJf1yO5Ma

ACtC-3cW7y9hwlwNQVBPsR9TYmTKrRKHqkmN5Okw

In addition, I have now painted my first Hunter Chariot

ACtC-3fwdajwofkuaj1isT6gutA8nGrAm1wxzQzp

ACtC-3fz1rjOybAYpd2P0WdwRTz3IrTE5BBqqYyq

ACtC-3fP-jY5N0Ua2defcVWMvKrPXJOi51KnOIBB

This week, a few more units have been added. First, more War Lions, a second Hunter Chariot (this time with a Huntmaster) and some Hunter Riders.

ACtC-3ekt6ckoyT3f50owvNwEM-O7r9b-co9EQpJ

ACtC-3cdaCit6bZhu8zMTAWg3KoJngyUtIpMeHUz

ACtC-3fCJJIhyC_wagomqdTl8beleamPKA9zfdSE

Edited by EMMachine
Pictures repaired
  • LOVE IT! 1

So, during the last days there was more building time. At first I got my last Order on thursday

fNFaSImDSHljK0OC-BeJB8QOe8hhoWUg9o9K-Nwo

f3bkc808XJJfXAuTPfjfeavBnHK-ZsZbhE9aFoGv

Bn3M2hMd-00m7wqGo_hkA6_7dC6Yy5NMtmMadWVQ

Actually I forgot to order a box of Sisters of the Thorn for the legs, so a made a little trip today and bought them too.

OA1G9vabuV_DbPRBXlXtHmeABoIp3f2fA4i2qp-G

I think I'm still missing some legs of a Dragonlord or Archmage on Dragon, so I can make my High Savant, but I already build my second Emperor Lion (completing the Menagerie), 2 more Lion Chariots and a second unit of Hunter Riders.

jhF_5Hvcv5_r4oq8itRqqKGnKzgAwcLiE488QJi1

gIFpWjGwpWRmqiZvp5aMAmj2-UdP49AYwSTvbIdU

jMfOVjtM9yCCHNfdLPrW-NVwppYWKAUoOUsHkHbb

Now I have to look that I raise the "painted model counter" just a little for the year 2018.

Edited by EMMachine
  • LOVE IT! 1