Hi,

this will be a big one (actually like most of my projects). Here I have a project that combines most of the aelf factions. Some of this stuff was actually in blogs before.

Here are the actual armylists, structures as the Aelfengroups and subgroups

Frostaelfs

Spoiler

Darkling Covens
Sorceress On Black Dragon (300)
- Darkling Sword

10 x Black Guard (140)
10 x Executioners (130)
20 x Bleakswords (180)

10 x Darkshards (100)
10 x Darkshards (100)
20 x Dreadspears (180)
20 x Dreadspears (180)

Total: 1310

Daughters of Khaine
Slaughter Queen on Cauldron Of Blood (330)
Bloodwrack Shrine (220)
Hag Queen (60)

Bloodwrack Medusa (140)
5 x Blood Sisters (140)
5 x Blood Sisters (140)
5 x Blood Sisters (140)
20 x Sisters Of Slaughter (240)
- Sacrificial Knives and Blade Bucklers
20 x Sisters Of Slaughter (240)
20 x Witch Aelves (200)
- Pairs of Sacrificial Knives
20 x Witch Aelves (200)
20 x Witch Aelves (200)

5 x Blood Stalkers (160)
5 x Blood Stalkers (160)
10 x Doomfire Warlocks (320)
- Lore of Shadows: None
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (80)
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (80)

Battalions
Temple Nest (130)
Slaughter Troupe (130)

Total: 3490

Order Serpentis
Dreadlord On Black Dragon (300)
- Exile Blade & Shield
2 x Drakespawn Chariots (160)
5 x Drakespawn Knights (170)

Total: 970

Total: 5770

Fyreaelfs

Spoiler

Black Ark Fleetmaster (60)

Black Ark Fleetmaster (60)

Battlemage (90)
- Mortal Realm: Aqshy

20 x Black Ark Corsairs (160)
- Vicious Blade & Repeater Handbow

- Vicious Blade & Repeater Handbow
- Vicious Blade & Wicked Cutlass

3 x Scourgerunner Chariots (150)
10 x Dark Riders (220)

10 x Dark Riders (220)

Kharibdyss (170)
Kharibdyss (170)

Total: 1780

Brotherhood of Korhil (Fanmade Points)

• Lion Lord on Emperor Lion (280)
    •  General
  • Lion Noble (110)
    • Enchanted Great Axe, Throwing Axes, Lion Claw
  • Lion Noble (110)
    • Hunterbow and Battle Axe,
  • Lion Noble on War Lion (140)
    • Enchanted Great Axe, Throwing Axes, Lion Claw
  • Lion Tamer on War Lion (100)
  • Lion Tamer (80)
  • Priest of Korhil (120)
  • Mage of Korhil (130)
  • 20 x Lion Warriors (300)
  • 10 x Lion Hunters(180)
  • 10 x Lion Hunters (180)
  • 3 x Lion Chariots (270)
  • 3 x Lion Chariots (270)
  • 2 x Hunter Chariot (110)
  • 5 x Lion Riders (180)
  • 5 x Lion Riders (180)
  • 5 x Lion Hunter Riders (180)
  • 5 x Lion Hunter Riders (180)
  • 4 x War Lions (100)
  • 4 x War Lions (100)
  • 4 x War Lions (100)
  • 1 x Emperor Lion (150)
  • 1 x Emperor Lion (150)

Total: 4410

Shadowaelfs

Spoiler

Leaders
Assassin (80)

Assassin (80)
Assassin (80)
- General
Sorceress (90)
Battlemage (90)
- Mortal Realm: Ulgu
Hag Queen (90)
- Allies

Battleline
10 x Dark Riders (220)
10 x Dark Riders (220)
10 x Shadow Warriors (110)
10 x Shadow Warriors (110)

Units
10 x Executioners (130)

10 x Executioners (130)

10 x Black Ark Corsairs (80)
10 x Black Ark Corsairs (80)

10 x Witch Aelves (120)
- Pairs of Sacrificial Knives
- Allies

10 x Sisters of Slaughter (120)
- Barbed Whips and Sacrificial Knives
- Allies

War Machines
Celestar Ballista (110)

Celestar Ballista (110)

Total: 2050 / 2000
Allies: 330 / 400

Not definied aelfen groups

Spoiler

Aelfen Hussars
High Warden (220)
Archmage (100)
- Mount: Steed
- Allies
5 x Reavers (140)
5 x Reavers (140)
5 x Reavers (140)
2 x Chariots (160)
2 x Chariots (160)

Total: 1060 / 2000
Allies: 100 / 200

Spireguard
Skywarden
(160)
- Swifthawk Pennant
Archmage (100)
- Allies
10 x Spireguard (120)
10 x Spireguard (120)
10 x Spireguard (120)
10 x Spireguard (120)
2 x Skycutters (240)
- Eagle Eye Bolt Thrower

Total: 980 / 1000
Allies: 100 / 200

Eldritch Council
Drakeseer (300)
Archmage (100)
Loremaster (140)
10 x Swordmasters (160)
10 x Swordmasters (160)
10 x Swordmasters (160)
10 x Swordmasters (160)

Total: 1180 / 1000

Next will be the stuff I already posted in blogs.

Fanmade Battletomes latest release:

Brotherhood of Korhil current Version

Edited by EMMachine

The Frostaelfs. March to July.

March 18, 2018

At first, here do I have a backgrounddescription about this army

The Frostaelves of the Frozen Serpent Cult are an Aelf tribe from the blizzard mountains of Ulgu. They are composed mainly of troops from the Darkling Covens, sects of the Daughters of Khaine, including the frost tribes of the Melusai and and the royal elite from the ranks of the Serpentis Order, who ride on ice drakespawns and ice dragons. They are led by the dreadlord Satras Dragonheart and his queen Anvenna. During the Age of Chaos, the Frostaelves also spread in Ghyran.

Then I also painted my first testminiature.

The Army used to have ice-blue armor, greyblue cloth and violet skin.

06FOOUfLXq5TSwraAJY_FUKsAhqJZk_GLo1Gikbp

j6wPdGnTIGzt4ozj2gVQ1dFnIza2C39-1b1bhX0K

March 21, 2018

So, I thought that I would paint the unit were my testmodel came from.

But for the last 3 evenings I thought I would like to paint my first "Frostdragon" for this project. Here is the result.

Zd_-4An2BOO36rSPN8lplcRZkXvBTJhfUNblk5_1

pkI4Im_dqXSIH0BRsFHY77T6ehBppkIJiQ-yH3PF

Uxi0FCqzGudtHA-R3uwSePzf50DEn86Kk7zkbvqj

March 24, 2018

So, I'm finished with painting 10 of my Dreadspears (but need to paint another 10 to finish the unit). After a thought the cloth was a little flat on my testmodel, I made another hightling with Blue Horror.

ZKGhlaPjD5R99fHA5s_dfFPdt6QWYPdt3DAlHW9z

lVwR5f-6PbqIG8uyLegPL4sCXLDxKgLrZi4q4hC-

June 1, 2018

At this time, I published the first Story, from the "Tales of Anvenna".

The Frostaelfs from Frostbreath

Queen Anvenna stood on the balcony of the mansion looking at the hustle and bustle in the city she had chosen as the outpost of the Frostaelfs empire. Soldiers from the Dreadspears and Bleakswords in ice-blue armor patrolled the streets of the city, and members of the Darkshards and Blood Stalkers, whose sheds shimmered icy blue, seized the walls. The city had once belonged to Aelfs of the Order of the Verdant Cycle and it was said to have been a thriving kingdom at that time. Meanwhile, the entire region was covered by a deep layer of ice, triggered by a nearby Jotunberg. Anvenna recalled that this Jotunberg was under the control of her grandmother Tsarra, who had invaded the kingdom before the Age of Chaos. The attack had failed and Tsarra fell. The Jotunberg, however, was not persuaded to move on and transferred the kingdom in his mourning for his mistress in eternal winter. Many left the kingdom because of the harsh weather and constant blizzards made their lives more difficult. During the age of chaos, the kingdom, which was now known only as a frost breeze was first forgotten, since even the Chaos gods showed little interest in the abandoned icy land. This made it easy for Anvenna and her cults of the Frozen Serpent to set up an outpost in the old abandoned city.

Anvenna was reluctant to admit it, but she felt a little bored. With a rambling look she saw a drunken soldier staggering out of one of the bars. His arm was around a lightly dressed young Aelf. Anvenna bit her lower lip as she saw the two staggering across the street. She had to think about Satras Dragonheart, her husband. As king he first stayed in the fortress in the Blizzard mountains in Ulgu. Months after they had arrived here, she had heard that her fortress in the Blizzard Mountains had been besieged by chaos-troops of Slaanesh led by Chaos-general Vincent von Drachenheim on his Chaos Dragon. Satras had sent the young Sorceress Llorva to her to clarify the situation, but had insisted that she should not return to the Blizzard Mountains. If the Blizzard mountains fall, Frostbreath would be the last bastion of their cult. She had not heard from her husband since then and she was a little worried that anything might have happened to him. A deep hiss seized her thoughts.

A blue-white ice dragon was hovering above the fortress, dipping and coming to a halt next to the balcony railing. On his back sat the young Sorceress Llorva. Like many Frosteleaf female members, she wore besides some long boots only the few necessities to cover her feminine curves.

"I bring news, Queen Anvenna," Llorva said, jumping to the balcony.

"What do you have for me?" Anvenna answered suspiciously.

"I have identified minor troop movements on the border with our empire."

"Who owns these troops. Are they the servants of Chaos, or does the Order of the Verdant Cycle want to return its city? "

"I can not tell you exactly who the warriors belong to. I have never seen such warriors. They wore heavy turquoise armor with white shoulder armor and gold ornaments. "

"Where are these warriors now?"

"They went through the Clawgate to Ghur."

"Hm ... interesting," Anvenna said thoughtfully. "Maybe we should send them a welcome committee to the gate in case they return."

"As you command my queen," Llorva replied, swinging back onto her dragon's back and flying into the city.

Anvenna smiled. She felt that her boredom was gone by this news.

June 4, 2018

Here is another story attempt. At first the story was planned with the Fleetmaster Delayar as protagonist, but I thought the landlady Thalia could be an interesting protagonist (mostly because she can have several customers to interact in her Tavern). It's a try to fit in some official GW stuff into the story as well as some bits of my own creations. (After I mix Frostaelfs, Fyreaelfs and Shadowaelfs in this story I wish I hadn't split the Projects into two.)

called the "Tales of Thalia".

Character Description Thalia

Thalia is a 458 year old Frostaelf. Like all Frostaelfs, Thalia had a lilac skin and snow-white hair, but unlike most female members of her kind wore a long-skirt dress. She was a Witchaelf officer and a member of the Frozen Serpent Cult. Lastly, at the age of 385, she fought in the so-called Frostaelf Civil War between the cults of Frozen Serpent, the Frost Phoenix, and the Great Lion. There she lost one eye and her left leg in the fight beside her complete unit. Since that time she has been wearing a wood prothesis and an eye patch. Then she quits the service in the military and opened the tavern "Tipsy Snake" in  MystPort, a port city on the edge of the Blizzard Mountains.

Delayar's Loss

It was late at night in the Tavern "Tipsy Snake" and Thalia the landlady stood at the wash basin to rinse off some of the glasses that had come back from the guests. On this day, mainly Corsairs of the Fyreaelfen had been here who had land a few days ago in the small port city to sell goods and trapped beasts.

Meanwhile Fleetmaster Delayar sat alone at the counter.

Thalia glanced over at him as Delayar tapped his empty shot glass on the table.

"Another witch's brew, Thalia," he said, slightly mumbling.

Thalia sighed. "I think you have enough, Captain," she said, looking worried.

"Do you really want to deny the wish of an old sailor?"

"I'm not sure if the sea will be your dead or me. But as you wish, "she said, adding another shot glass.

She had known Delayar for years. He often brought her food and drinks from his travels that were otherwise rare in Ulgu and was one of her more affable repeat customers. However, she had noticed over the years that his alcohol consumption had increased significantly lately.

"Alcohol makes me forget the pain of losing."

"Is it still the thing with your leg? You know, I know about this form of loss. "She lifted the hem of her skirt lightly, exposing a wooden prosthesis. "I have not told you the story yet, but I was an officer under Queen Faraine Dragonheart. Satras mother. 70 years ago, we fought a civil war against our own kind. The cult of Frozen Serpent against the cult of the Frost Phoenix and the Great Lion. The losses at that time were enormous until Faraine died with her bodyguard by assassination and her son Satras became king end the war. At that time I lost my leg and one eye and my entire retinue during combat. Since this had limited my fighting skills and I didn’t want to burden the others, I quit the army and opened this tavern."

"A bad fate," Delayar finally replied. "The loss of the leg still hurts a bit and this blade prosthesis is sometimes a bit strange. But that's not it."

Thalia looked at him in astonishment. "What is it then?"

"If you want to know," he replied. "3 days ago we fished 3 of my corsairs out of the sea. They belonged to the crew of 'Swordfish', were completely cold and confused. I heard we lost the ships 'Swordfish' and 'Sea Devil'. About 400 good men, including one of my sons, have died. The survivors stammered something about Aelfen without eyes riding on eels and turtles."

"Deepkin," Thalia breathed. "I've heard stories from them. Even the Duardin of the Kharadron Overlords various avoid skimming over questionable areas."

"Damn them!", Delayar yelled and bashing his fist on the counter so all the shot glasses he clinked.

"Captain!" Thalia shouted in alarm as she caught one of the glasses threatening to fall from the counter just in time.

"For real! I’m Fleetmaster Delayar. The mentor of the Fyreaelf corsairs. Some Fyreslayer lodges still hold a grudge against me because I dared to hunt Magmadroths. Also some Fyreaelfen nobles would like to see me dead after my people have poached Blaze Lions. I've started a fight with Captain Gorb's Orruk pirates several times, ridden through the Bone Lake, always with Lady Gloriosa's ghost pirates on my neck, and I fought Gutrot Spume's underlings and never had serious losses that they could not fix, and now I lose two Ships and crew by some fish Aelfs? "

Thalia took a deep breath. "You said yourself, the Fyreslayers against a grudge against you and also Aelfen your own kind are not good to talk to you. Maybe this action is a sign that you should not mess with anyone? "

Delayar looked at the shot glass in front of him a little stunned.

Thalia turns back to her harness. She would probably be able to leave work soon, because she did not expect the new guests came.

After a long break, Delayar said. "You also fought against your own kind."

Thalia chuckled dryly. "I followed orders and paid my price. Physically as well as mentally. You have made your enemies knowledgeable. "

When she did not get an answer from Delayar, she turned to face him, saying he had fallen asleep during that time.

"Well, the last witch brew was probably too much," she said softly to herself.

The bell on the door rang and Thalia looked over.

A cloaked figure stood in the doorway.

"Greetings, Thalia," said the newcomer. "I could have actually thought that the old sea dog is still here. Did you mix something into his drink?"

"Rohann, what are you doing here at this late hour? I was about to close soon, "she looked down at Delayar and shook her head." No, the last liquor was probably too much."

Rohann removed the hood. "I do not need anything, thanks. My informants have bad news."

"The chaos groups of Vincent von Drachenheim? "Thalia asked dryly.

"Yes, his main force has reached the capital, but several warbands are approaching the city." "How long until they arrive here?"

"If they maintain the speed, a few days."

Thalia reached for the shelf and took two shot glasses

"Thalia?", Rohann asked in astonishment.

"He's going to the house," Thalia replied, tipping down her shot. "After all that I lost, I came here to start my life anew, not wanting to be part of a war anymore."

"I didn’t mean to unsettle you, Thalia.

The city is under the protection of the cult of the Frozen Serpent and the Assassin Guilds of the Shadow Aelfs are still there. We will protect the inhabitants", Rohann said smiling and tilted the shot down.

"Thank you Rohann. Says, can you please me? "

"What do you want? "Rohann wondered

"Can you take the old captain to one of the rooms?" She asked, trying to put on a seductive smile. "I would do it myself, but with my wooden prosthesis it is hardly possible. Should he pay his bill tomorrow?"

Rohann grinned. "Because it's you."

Edited by EMMachine
I made Thalia about 300 years older because it's unlikely that an aelf that is under 100 years old would have some sort of command.
  • Like 1

Fyreaelfs May 2018:

May 10, 2018

So, the beginning of my Lion Rangers were mostly models I had in my old high elf army, rebasing some of them and buying a new box of Lion Rangers to get new Command Units, leaving some old models I started painting (so I didn't have to decolor them) and building an hero for them because GW didn't. The result was this:

• 1 Lion Noble (using the Dragon Noble Warscroll)
  • 3x10 White Lions
  • 3 White Lion Chariots
  • 6 War Lions (don't having a Warscroll at all)

qvNsE7Ab_Veg3Nhfkqmwt5v7Xqv_f8_nfRw3IVxW

W5k9fUgKjo1hWwuuoLrnKN7TlFMjMXIY55Y9E9lJ

X2fDmSZpP0N_QRM0edhgrovsdEFX4GUi2FKXvI-T

After that (mostly because at the moment the War Lions don't have an Warscroll or a real hero) I started to work on my Fanmade Lion Rangers Battletome:

Battletome Lion Rangers 1.0

In the next stage I give my army some new Units like the Lion Lord on Emperor Lion (made out of a Manticore) and the Lion Riders Cavalry.

Kg_s9OhtJh4R6gpKeLGgcB7IhrWYk6NZeDNwSys_

x0u4TfrD-5ar-zxGTd2a0Gl9ilVq9ys4474P5Sqv

The next goal will be finding a interesting color theme for them that will fit into the fantastic world called "the mortal Realms".

May 13, 2018

So, this is more of a WIP Post. At first I thought making a Scar like Theme, but this didn't worked out, mostly because of the light underbelly.

At the end I got a little inspiration of @kenshin620 Lionpictures in the Fanmade Lion Rangers Battletome Thread. The Idea could be that my lion ranger aelfs could be some sort of firealefs (or fyreaelfs if we take the wording of fyreslayers) living in aqshy having Blaze Lions.

7e_Ni0h7-i97JJMxCuwefvAEJlFvRYB-yK6-Qgyn

gha4xQMcxD8c6pDCpTv7Um1RIeZ6V0qj7ZU8KYn_

Actually I'm writing something about a Lionlike Godbeast, that isn't translated yet, don't know if it is even finished, yet.

In this time a made an update for the Fanmade Battletome.

Battletome Lion Rangers 1.1

May 14, 2018

So, I wrote a small introduction of the godbeast that stands befind the Lion Rangers and created the different kinds of Lions.

Children of Korhil

Even if the Lion Rangers and their War Lions are different across all realms in appearance and behavior. So there is one thing that unites them. The deference to Korhil, the great lion.

He is one of the God beasts and forefathers of all the lion beasts of the realms.

Legends imply, that Korhil came from the essence of a great warrior of the World that was and has since populated the realms with his children, the War Lions and Emperor Lions. He is a gigantic but intelligent beast with a white fur and a mane with a rainbow-like color. From the fiery red of he Blaze Lions from Aqshy to the beige white of the White Lions from Hysh, the leafy green of the Leaf Lions from Ghyran to the icy blue of the Frost Lions of Ghur and the purple black of the Shadow Lions of Ulgu and many other species. Many claim that Aelfs who made a union with the great lion were blessed with great courage, strength and fierce temperament.

During the time of the myths Korhil revealed himself to the still young gods Tyrion and Teclis. Both gods sensed something familiar in Korhil but could not explain where they came from. Korhil sensed it too, but kept his past secret. He vaguely remembered that his relationship with Tyrion in his earlier life had led to a break between the two by an event. Korhil revealed to them that he had saved Aelfen souls of bygone times. He gave them to Teclis so that he should forge them as disciples of the lion, because the souls contained his qualities. Then Korhil disappeared and from the souls the first Lion Rangers were born, who formed a uniton with the White War Lions from Hysh. Over the centuries, lion cults were also formed in other parts of the empire among the Aelves, who entered into a union with all kinds of War Lions. Even though the different Aelf peoples often disagreed with each other, Korhil knew that their strength and courage would still be needed in the following centuries.

May 16, 2018

There was another update for the Fanmade Battletome: Battletome Lion Rangers 1.2

Edited by EMMachine
  • Like 2

So, here are the latest updates. I had the bits for quite some time now, but yesterday I actually built something again for my Lion Rangers.

I made another 3 Lion Riders, so the unit has 6 models now. I brought the War Lions unit to 6 models and I built a Lion Tamer. Sadly I didn't painted anything.

t6sC7OFO8a69L0bB2qFS9WyzqhnfUKCFA1ZLDMsG

c4jQFPKs4AkTZDuyqfmnv0awtr2RwVNVRUk5nVDW

tlL630dkV2KUXrK6qmRaiklEYav5EPYz10DMagtW

cj4NyD3DwghrtxUR165Ys_-7V8vhyYZNxoCBie5L

-FiAxkEPVA7lYue_bI6DrtTZkC2ks7HYEaAD6H-l

And I actually made my AoS 2.0 update for the Fanmade Battletome, bringing the layout to a more similar way and making some little point changes (mostly to the Changes in the Generals Handbook 2018), what makes my army actually 140 cheaper than before.

Battletome Lion Rangers 2.0

• Like 3

Have you thought about using the Dark Riders as Reavers, therefore giving you a mixed Order list to build around @EMMachine? I've got about 20 Dark Riders that I just don't use, however, with other models and probably the Mistweaver and Tenebrael Shard, I thought about making a mixed Order list.

I've also gone for the cold Ulgu theme with my Aelves. Obviously the Naggaroth influence is still there! Snow bases are great. 

@syph0n

You mean Reavers for the Shadowaelfs? Actually didn't thought about it, yet.

Just using the Dark Riders count as Reavers isn't perhaps the best thing, but after having Shadow Warriors and Dark Riders in one army, perhaps a conversion between the two could be interesting.

Another thing that could be interesting for a little variation, would be mixing Dark Riders with Corsairs.

On 10/13/2018 at 10:21 AM, EMMachine said:

@syph0n

You mean Reavers for the Shadowaelfs? Actually didn't thought about it, yet.

Just using the Dark Riders count as Reavers isn't perhaps the best thing, but after having Shadow Warriors and Dark Riders in one army, perhaps a conversion between the two could be interesting.

Another thing that could be interesting for a little variation, would be mixing Dark Riders with Corsairs.

Yes, just straight up use Reaver rules. I know that can be really contentious though, not everyone accepts this sort of proxying. 

I think the Dark Riders are such nice models, great kit full stop with the Warlocks, so it's a shame to not be able to use them due to the Shadowblade faction being so useless! 

@syph0n

Or alternativly searching for other possible units (bleakswords or Darkshards (converted) for example)

But in the moment, the Assassine Guild isn't very high in my priority. Actually I was doing a little for my Lion Rangers.

I have my first testmini for the Lion Guard:

mjr5lGQFDyKxXjIfELabMRio5Y4SUugmwJWpU51q

ehIV3a5yMayRyKaML12pXeC40YHLC-MhqLfrZFwt

I have two painted Warlions

1XOdBWF-9QIbwq-NSfkobXH-Zc8jwzqpE7CTWPN5

And I have my first three Hunters with bows (after my Lion Rangers are Fyreaelfs, I thought, the bows of the Sisters of the Watch sould fit). Sadly I have to buy new stuff to finish the unit because it was the box I used for the Riders and the Tamer.

2oQK3XczHgdNFLW6chL5f2bdK7XDESeQoiz4Xft5

• Like 3

So, I did some little updates on my battletome. Some typochanges where I still uses the Term "White Lion" in abilities and I made my first Allegiance Abilities for them. The idea was, that through the connection to Korhil the Lion Rangers would be a little bestial in there fighting style. I hope it is not to much Khorne like. I only made 3 Command Triats and 3 Artefact first.

Battletome Lion Rangers 2.1

This is the first result:

Allegiance Abilities

Battletraits

Guerilla Tactics

Friendly LION RANGER units can Retreat and Charge in the same turn.

Defiant Hunters

You can Re-roll battleshock tests for friendly LION RANGER units.

Lions of the Celestial Realms.

Blazen Lions: For each unmodified save roll of 6 a unit of WAR LIONS makes in the close combat phase (after re-rolls), the attacking unit suffers mortal wound after all attacks are made.

White Lions: When a unit of WAR LIONS runs or charges, roll an additional dice and discard the lowest.

Frost Lions:

Enemy Units that target WAR LIONS must subtract 1 from their wound rolls.

Shadow Lions:

Enemy Units that target WAR LIONS must subtract 1 from their hit rolls.

Leaf Lions

AT the Start of the hero phase, roll a D6 for each unit of WAR LIONS. On a roll of 5+ that unit heals a wound.

Command Traits

D3

Command Trait

Fury of Battle

Your General can run and charge in the same turn

Impossible Swift

Subtract 1 from the hit rolls for attacks target this general.

Dazing Frenzy

Roll a dice each time the bearer suffers a wound of mortal wound in the fighting phase. On a roll of 5+, the wound is negated.

Artefacts

D3

Artefact

Claw of the Eternal Lion

Pick one of the bearer’s melee weapons. Improve the Rend characteristic of that weapon by 1. In addition, if the unmodified hit roll for an attack made with that weapon is a 6, add the target suffers 1 mortal wound after all of the bearer’s attacks have been resolved.

Eternal Cloak

Add 1 to the Save rolls for this model.

Furious Axe

Pick one of the bearer’s melee weapons. At the start of the combat phase, you can add 2 to the Attacks characteristic of this weapon until the end of the phase. If you do so, subtract 1 from the save rolls for attacks that target the bearer until the end of that phase.

13 hours ago, EMMachine said:

@syph0n

Or alternativly searching for other possible units (bleakswords or Darkshards (converted) for example)

But in the moment, the Assassine Guild isn't very high in my priority. Actually I was doing a little for my Lion Rangers.

I have my first testmini for the Lion Guard:

mjr5lGQFDyKxXjIfELabMRio5Y4SUugmwJWpU51q

ehIV3a5yMayRyKaML12pXeC40YHLC-MhqLfrZFwt

I have two painted Warlions

1XOdBWF-9QIbwq-NSfkobXH-Zc8jwzqpE7CTWPN5

And I have my first three Hunters with bows (after my Lion Rangers are Fyreaelfs, I thought, the bows of the Sisters of the Watch sould fit). Sadly I have to buy new stuff to finish the unit because it was the box I used for the Riders and the Tamer.

2oQK3XczHgdNFLW6chL5f2bdK7XDESeQoiz4Xft5

I love this conversion, and think I may have to borrow it for my Lion Rangers force. Brilliant. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2018 at 5:36 AM, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

I really like the idea. Though I find it hard to see that the fire and ice aelves don’t include either of the phoenixes.

keep up the good work. Always nice to see people keeping the aelf factions alive!

Hm, the point is, that I associate the Phoenixes with the Phoenix Cult aka Phoenix Temple and I don't have any Phoenix Temple in this project yet. So thats the point why my project doesn't have a phoenix model.

46 minutes ago, Lavieth said:

I love this conversion, and think I may have to borrow it for my Lion Rangers force. Brilliant. 

Thanks, I first thought, using the arms of the shadow warriors. This is the reason, why the Hunters with Bows have a "Hunters Blade" in there profile. But in the end, the flaming bows felt quite fitting here.

2 hours ago, EMMachine said:

Hm, the point is, that I associate the Phoenixes with the Phoenix Cult aka Phoenix Temple and I don't have any Phoenix Temple in this project yet. So thats the point why my project doesn't have a phoenix model.

Thanks, I first thought, using the arms of the shadow warriors. This is the reason, why the Hunters with Bows have a "Hunters Blade" in there profile. But in the end, the flaming bows felt quite fitting here.

Oh absolutely. I have used the shadow warrior ones as shadow warriors, but those just look better. Again great conversion and thematic for your project. 

So, friends of the Feueraelfen with preference for lions;). I have another Battletome update.

Cult of Korhil 2.2

On the one hand, I wanted to break loose with the name "Lion Rangers" and named the Battletome "Cult of Korhil".
In addition, the Battletome has undergone several changes.

• There are now a few smaller background descriptions, Battalione (the cost of which is still untested)
  • I have removed the Lion Noble on Emperor Lion (as it is usually the highest consideration for a Lion Noble to become the Lion Lord to tame one of these beasts)
  • There is a Lion Noble on War Lion now
  • Since the "Lion Guard" is now the term for full-fledged warriors (not only for the former White Lions) I have changed the current Lion Guard to Lion Warriors.
  • There is now a "recruits" unit, because otherwise the archers were not easy to pick up
  • The Guardians of the units now have a weapon profile for a Lion Claw (ie the lion's paw that the champion usually wears on his left arm).
  • For Path to Glory, there is now an adapted form of rewards. With 6 Rewards for Followers and 6 Rewards for the Champion.
  • There have been a few minor changes to the points and I have limited the Lion Lord to one per army (not to be confused with Namhaft), as one usually leads several monasteries.

For feedback on the current state, I am generally grateful.

• Like 1

So, here's a little "mini" cleanup based on feedback (GW-Fanworld and Twitter).

Have a look at version 2.2.1

Changes are merely that the Cult is now a Brotherhood (Brotherhoods of Korhil).
The "Celestial Realm" in the lion species was changed to "Mortal Realms".
And I once packed an introductory sentence.

Partly one of the battletraits was a bit OP. Since I have to think for version 2.3 still something.

Partly I'm thinking about some other units.

As a little brainstorming:

• A Hunter Chariot (lion chariot with hunters (with bows) instead of Warriors).
  • Maybe Tamer riding a War Lion.
  • Hunter who ride on lions (I would have to stop to see if this works like the melee fighters, or if the bows may cause problems or it will be the Axtwerfer, even if I have no idea what axes fit there).
  • A magician or priest. (possibly with option on War Lion). I just can not find a suitable ability or spell right now. The easiest way would probably be a Mortal Wounds spell, because I run the risk of buffs / debuffs that it is too much (see Loyalty). However, one of them would make sense if it is a form of monastic brotherhood or the like.

At least there are things that I could still plan for version 2.3.

Alright, here is the next update

Here is
Brotherhood of Korhil Version 2.3

To overview. What has changed:

There is now a Lion Noble on chariot (sort of a "little" Lion Lord limited to 1 per army). Partially it is a background thing that it is not a Lion Lord.
There are now so-called Savants of Korhil:

• A magician, similar to the Archmage, who has one more attack and save point, but does not have the +1 on spells (and the spell is limited to BROTHERHOOD OF KORHIL models only.
  • And a priest, who was a little bit oriented to the Sigmar Priest or the War Altar.

There is also a Lion Tamer riding a war lion

And something that could be a"stupid idea". To make a Warscroll containing a Lion Hunter Chariot with a Ballista, (as stupid as it looked in 8th Age, it's a way to carry heavier weapons). In the end it is the lion variant of a Scourgerunner Chariot.

The Lion Chariot also had a mistake all the time. That is, the Crew and War Lions had only 2 attacks instead of 4 (while the Lion's ability spoke of 4 attacks).

I've replaced Allegiance Ability's "Guerilla Tactics" with a new one, as it should have been a bit overpowered.

Regarding Battalions, the following has happened:
There is a Council of Savants made up of priests and magicians who allow them to renounce even the banning if another model wants to banish them in 6 "and instead +1 to the ban attempt.

There's a new Hunter Corps that has Vanguard or Flanking * cough * Bray Herd ambush * cough * and unmodified wound rolls of 6 against monsters at Bows and Throw Axes -2 Rend.

And I changed the Royal Corps. The Royal Corp is basically supposed to be a guard of honor, but it was strange that the abilities were all coupled with the Noble, and secondly it might have been a bit fierce, for example, when a unit of Chariot was attacked by an additional attack Hero phase suddenly would knock out 2x 12 attacks per model.
To show elite status, the battalion units now have 1 more attack per model on Warrior Great Axes (Lion Chariots 2 attacks).
The wound of 1 is over, but the Lion Noble now has the same command as the Guardian Corps (because it would be strange if the Guardian Corps had the order but the Honor Guard was not).

There are also additional background descriptions. (how to become part of the Order, an extension of "A bond between Aelf and Lion" and new descriptions for the individual Battalions.

And today I should get the boxes I need to build my 2 units of 10 Lion Hunters with Bows.

So, a little Update here. Reinforcements have arrived. I got the parts I needed to make my Hunters complete, and build another Emperor Lion.

EZRDCjD_9dsh5gxaebkukhUPyJWsqFcxvcE2VE_x

IZ0_weygMq8KyLKkGkFR57mRkP1SFzNo0rAUrUY_

Xoyzhn3u_MR9XqnPsnPy9eOYOwZvKfVqo9YTMWZP

KowzRaKicp3Xz8tAZouZKqETLY1ofRSs0O7BYw9i

Also, I am now at Brotherhood of Korhil Version 2.4.

What have I done:
For one thing, Battle Ax and Lion Claw now have the same profile (with 3+ To Hit) attacks depending on the unit.
The distinction of the lions of the Mortal Realms is out for now (that would be more of a Stormhost or City style of rules)

Tamer training pack:

•     War Lions was set to 2-3.

Guardian Corps:

•     Replaced "LION HUNTERS" with "Lion Hunters - with Throwing Axes, Lion Hunters with Bows", otherwise you might have been able to take Hunter Chariots.

Hunter Corps:

•     Lion Noble must now have a Hunter Bow (see explanation later)

Militia Corps:

•     Lion recruits increased to 2-3.

Royal Corps:

•     Lion Riders and Chariots set to 2-4
  •     Best of the Best Limited to Lion Riders and Chariots
  •     fixed the Copy & Paste bug (and limited the command to Warrior Great Ax)

Menagerie of the Lion Lord:

•     Now request Lion Lord of Emperor Lion

Lion Lord on Emperor Lion:

• Throwing received Axes (but only 1 attack)

Lion Lord:

Warscroll removed

Lion Noble on Chariot:

•     Battle Ax and Lion Claw now same profile,
  •     he has now always throwing axes (but reduced to 1 attack),
  •     Companion is now Honor Guard (+1 attack),
  •     Command Ability only works against LION GUARD and MILITIA
  •     units
  •     +10 points

Lion Noble on War Lion:

•     Now has a choice between Enchanted Lion Ax, Battle Ax and Lion Claw and Throwing Axes (reduced to 1 attack); or Battle Ax and Lion Claw and Hunter bow
  •     Command Ability only works against LION GUARD and MILITIA units
  •     +10 points

Lion Noble:

•     Now has a choice between Enchanted Lion Ax, Battle Ax and Lion Claw and Throwing Axes (reduced to 1 attack); or Battle Ax and Lion Claw and Hunter bow
  •     Command Ability only works against LION GUARD and MILITIA units
  •     +10 points

Mage of Korhil

•     Korhil's Protection still has 12 "and only works against units that are completely within reach.

Priest of Korhil

•     Lion Claw now hits 3+ and has 3 instead of 2 attacks.
  •     Prayers only work for LION GUARD and MILITIA units
  •     +20 points

Tamer

•     now has Battle Ax and Lion Claw with the same profile to choose from,

Tamer on War Lion

•     now has Battle Ax and Lion Claw with the same profile to choose from,

Lion Warriors

•     Lion Claw Champion now hits 3+
  •     Standardbearer only gives +2 Bravery to other LION GUARD units with standard.
  •     Points set from 120/300 to 140/360 (aligned to Deepkin)

Lion Chariot

•     only Lion Battleline is on Lion Lord on Emperor Lion, Lion Loble on War is Lion or Lion Noble on Chariot General.
  •     +10 points

Lion Riders

•     Standardbearer only gives +2 Bravery to other LION GUARD units with standard.
  •     +10 points
  •     only Lion Battleline is on Lion Lord on Emperor Lion, Lion Loble on War is Lion or Lion Noble on Chariot General.

Lion recruits

•     Option on pair of weapons accounts
  •     Missing MILITIA keyword added
  •     increased from 80/200 to 100/260 points

Lion Archers:

•     +20 points
  •     Maximum size reduced to 20.

War Lions:

•     Minimum size 4 for 100 points

Lion Hunter with Bows:

•     +10 points

Lion Hunter Chariots

•     missing WAR LION keyword added

Emperor Lion

•     Command abilities have no effect unless they come from the Lion Lord. (A bit of background, that the Emperor Lion is only the Lion Lord in rank).
Edited by EMMachine

12 hours ago, Rhivan said:

Unfortunatley at least for me I can't see the latest images you've uploaded. :(

I hate it, when this happens. In such a case it only works when logged in into google. And after I'm logged in most of the time, I don't realize it happening again.

I actually have redone the links in the last two posts. Hopefully it will work now.

Edited by EMMachine

I really do like your Lion Rangers. They are using Shadow Warrior legs correct? That's the only thing on them I'm iffy on (of what they are). Overall great conversion there :) 

The new legs do work, although I'm curious as to why you wouldn't use Dragon Prince or Drakespawn Legs, do you just not want the armored skirt part? 

15 minutes ago, Rhivan said:

I really do like your Lion Rangers. They are using Shadow Warrior legs correct? That's the only thing on them I'm iffy on (of what they are). Overall great conversion there :)

Actually no. The legs are Lion Ranger Legs. (They are quite similar, but lion rangers have metal leg armour while Shadow Warriors have knee long boots.

17 minutes ago, Rhivan said:

The new legs do work, although I'm curious as to why you wouldn't use Dragon Prince or Drakespawn Legs, do you just not want the armored skirt part? 

I think one two reasons were, that the Wildrider/Sisters of the Thorn Weaponskirts are more similar than the Dragonblades design and I had the legs because of some conversions in this project:

The Lion Lord has actually the legs of a Dragon Lord and it's possible that mounted heroes will get the Dragonnobles legs.