Alternative Vampire Lord Model

Vipoid

I'm just looking for some opinions on whether this model would be acceptable as a Vampire Lord:

Spoiler

B4m7YFx.jpg

(If it matters, it's a Dark Eldar Mandrake with a slight change of weapon.)

The main reason I ask is that I want to use a Vampire Lord with Flying Horror, and I think it would be pretty easy to give this model Scourge Wings. 

Well... he has no mouth... so, no teeth either. How is he supposed to bite anything ? :D
I like the model itself, but would try to swap the head if possible. The weapon is not "gothic" enough compared to other vampire models. The left hand is fine, but imo it's a bit weird as vampire lords aren't really stellar as 
spell casters.
But in the end any good conversion and paint work might do the job ! :)

37 minutes ago, Kokoshi said:

Well... he has no mouth... so, no teeth either. How is he supposed to bite anything ? :D
I like the model itself, but would try to swap the head if possible. The weapon is not "gothic" enough compared to other vampire models. The left hand is fine, but imo it's a bit weird as vampire lords aren't really stellar as 
spell casters.
But in the end any good conversion and paint work might do the job ! :)

Regarding the lack of mouth, I thought it might appear only when he's feeding. That or he could just drain souls or something. ;) 

I fear a headswap would be next to impossible, since they're non-removable and have a lot of hair down the model's back. I fear I lack the skill to hide all that with green stuff. Also, I like the head, so if I was going to swap that out I might as well just swap out the entire model.

I'll see if I can find any more Gothic weapons of the right size. I might be able to use something from the Grave Guard box. 

Regarding the left hand, that's also fair. I guess I'm still used to the days when Vampire Lords were Lv4 casters. :S 

Oh well, looks like I'll need to find something else. Thanks anyway. 

6 hours ago, Vipoid said:

Regarding the lack of mouth, I thought it might appear only when he's feeding. That or he could just drain souls or something. ;) 

I fear a headswap would be next to impossible, since they're non-removable and have a lot of hair down the model's back. I fear I lack the skill to hide all that with green stuff. Also, I like the head, so if I was going to swap that out I might as well just swap out the entire model.

I'll see if I can find any more Gothic weapons of the right size. I might be able to use something from the Grave Guard box. 

Regarding the left hand, that's also fair. I guess I'm still used to the days when Vampire Lords were Lv4 casters. :S 

Oh well, looks like I'll need to find something else. Thanks anyway. 

That's just my opinion. In the end you might end up with some damn unique vampire lord. :) If you give it a try, I'm anyway eager to see how it looks like !
Grave Guard box is wonderful, plenty of bits and extra weapons to use.

Archived