The Reign of Mortals - Armylist

Mutter

Been pondering in which dircetion to take my Nurgle boys (played them last in WHFB many moons ago), and this I came up with - now I need you to drill holes into it. :)

Allegiance: Nurgle
LEADERS
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
- Command Trait : Grandfather's Blessing
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Lore of Virulence : Favoured Poxes
Verminlord Corruptor (220)
- Artefact : Sword of Judgement
- Lore of Virulence : Glorious Afflictions
Plague Priest with Plague Censer (80)
UNITS
10 x Chaos Chosen (280)
10 x Chaos Chosen (280)
1 x Chaos Warshrine (160)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)

TOTAL: 2000/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 155
LEADERS: 5/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 3/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ALLIES: 0/400

The idea is to spam MW (hence the clever title), so most things in the list are there to provide a buff to the Chosen. If the Nurgle wheel stands just right and all three priest prayers go off, we could be looking at MW on 2+ ... :)

The Corruptor is there because of the MW theme and to support the Skaven faction. I guess he's a bit redundant, but I find him really cool for that price. Not sure what I would replace him with if I was to do so.

Thoughts?

D'oh, I keep forgetting that the hero phase (and therefor spells) comes before movement in AoS. So you're right, that spell doesn't make a lot of sense. I guess it matters little, since his main job will be to cast Foul Regenesis most turns anyway.

But I just realized that Blades of Putrifactions isn't an unmodified 6+, so to get that off with the stacked prayers and the Nurgle wheel would result in even more mortality. :D

Hmmm, so how do I get a Rotbringer sorceror into the band? I'd rather not trade out the Warshrine, because the shrine can actually fight. Is it worth to swap the Corruptor for the sorceror? Maybe Blades is just overkill ...

8 hours ago, ReAnimate Studios said:

Try with and without blades and see how you like it? As your opponent will do everything he can to stop it going off so can get frustrating when it never goes off lol

Yeah, I guess that's true. And that 7 to cast without bonusses isn't a given, anyway ...

But it's soooooo sweet when it does go off. :D

Just had an evil thought - I could swap out the GUO and the warshrine for The Glottkin and another Plague Priest. :D

That would give me access to Bloades, to the cool command ability of the Glottkin and another prayer. I would lose some board presence, some speed (from the bell) and the +1 to cast for Foul Regenesis.

Thoughts?

Archived