What to write/blog - ideas needed!

Overread

The title says it all, part of my continual finding of ways to encourage myself to keep on track and keep focused! I've got a blog and occasionally write something about my hobby or the hobby to it and I'm looking for ideas on what I could add to it to give me a focus for writing. Any idea from a short one article one to a longer series 

https://warminiatures.wordpress.com

Hey,

I would say as with any content creating it has to be something that comes to you and that you are inspired by. I would wait until you are struck by this inspiration rather than trying to put out something based on the loose ideas of others. You can all ways tell when this kinda stuff is phoned in as opposed to when the blogger/podcaster/youtuber/whatever actually cares. The GW hobby is super rich at the moment so hopefully there will be a particular aspect that you really dig and can talk about passionately.

That's not meant to sound harsh or anything and I could totally be wrong! Just my thoughts anyway :P

@Chris Tomlinvery true point and as its not monetized or anything I've no pressure to produce anything to any timescale. So what I'm more doing is fishing for ideas, might be someone suggests something that would be fun to write that I've not thought of or that might give me an idea for a further topic to address. 

• Like 1

Speaking from personal experience as an amateur writer and aspiring blogger, you need to produce content at a steady pace, and you will find inspiration.

Writing is something that needs to be practiced all the time.  If looking for something to write about, look for inspiration.  What's the latest Age of Sigmar release?  Is it a bunch of new models?  What about a new novel in the setting?  A new FAQ?  The results of a recent grand tournament?  You don't even have to publish anything you write, but I would recommend that you get a set routine and write something on a regular basis.

Once you get in the routine of writing things down, you will more quickly get ideas and inspiration on the content you want.  If you find that writing about one subject interests you more than others, then you have a good plan of action for what direction you want to go in.

Looking at the blog you linked in that first post, you are basically doing what I want to do, which is to write about all aspects of the hobby - product reviews, multiple game system coverage, homebrew units, and hobby tutorials.  This is an excellent selection, but you could add in editorials if that might interest you - writing an opinion piece on a subject or recent event in the hobby and how it pertains to your experiences.  Granted, I've been wanting to start a wargaming blog for several years now, but every time I get ready to start something up, life happens and keeps my away from that.

Good luck!