Soulblight... Humour me...

Charlo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can take Castellans with any army from the LoN Book... GA:Death, grand host, LoN, LoB, LoS and also Soulblight!!!

if you want to field it in a nighthaunt or FEC army (i‘m not sure if allying is possible) you could even field them there, just have to pay out of the max ally budget.

Coolio, thanks for confirming! Definitely something to keep in mind!

Had a thought to "even out" the elite nature of Soul Blight as an allegiance - an allied FEC Ghoul King on Terrorgheist!

Brings back a bit of the Strigoi feels of old and adds:

• Another big Monster that is very tanky with command ability
  • Summoning horrors/ flayers
  • More denial

18 hours ago, Honk said:

You can take Castellans with any army from the LoN Book... GA:Death, grand host, LoN, LoB, LoS and also Soulblight!!!

if you want to field it in a nighthaunt or FEC army (i‘m not sure if allying is possible) you could even field them there, just have to pay out of the max ally budget.

I've played this game since it launched and I still don't understand the allegiance system.  You wouldn't mind explaining it?  

36627BC4-A5D7-4F02-B6A5-D6C822C9CE9F.jpeg

There ya go... left the basic army, right column the possible ally addition.

maximum of 20% of total points may be allys and they count towards the hero restrictions, but of course not to the battleline (iirc, terms&conditions apply ;-D)

f.e. You cannot take a bunch of blood knights into a flesh eater court army and vice versa, but when you play legion of blood you can ally in FEC to your knights...

No real synergies within GA:Death, sadly.

the use of battalions is kinda separated and under restriction of the included warscrolls. F.e. Castellans (Prince and 3xBk) those models can be fielded without extra/further restrictions in any army out of the LoN Book (GA:D, GHoN, LoS, LoB, LoN, Sb) so the battalion is also usable without extra restrictions.

it is tricky to include battalions as allies, since at 2k you max out at 400 points for allies and that total is too low for anything I can remember right now (CotCK: 480+3x240+150= 1350 pts)

what I don’t know, since I don’t play that filth (nighthaunt), split battalions with LoN included troops (grimghast chainrasps or whatever). I would GUESS the ally costs are the battalion, since it hails from the NH book, and non LoN included warscrolls (mounted Knight of shrouds, whatever). The chainrasps or lantern dudes would not have to be paid out of ally points, but of that I‘m not sure.

sadly, not as elaborate and funky as the 40k detachment rules, but still something. FEC +Arkhan scored pretty high

19 minutes ago, discoking said:

I don't mean to sound ungrateful but I'm still not seeing how  Castellans of Crimson Keep WSB can be included in  a Soulblight allegiance army since the allegiance of the WSB is Death?   

HOW DARE YOU?!?

There is a quote in the LoN Designers Commentary, stating how to integrate the court of nulahmia into a legion of sacrament army...

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/age_of_sigmar_legions_of_nagash_designers_commentary_en.pdf

36B79655-F8DE-4DF7-9761-BC57FAE5E818.jpeg

Same rule applies of course to all battalions in the book...

so you just build your Soulblight army around the Castellans and ride for the glory of the crimson keep

as I said above not sure about nighthaunt stuff, but maybe this lifts the sheets:

588F1114-8540-4A22-8747-344929C3C930.jpeg

So the units count as allies even if you could take them as units in a LoN army. If they are part of a NH battalion, they count as NH units...

If that doesn’t sway you, I’ll guess nothing will...

the argument, that the rules refer to specific legions and the DCs withdraw only that specification, while specifically not counting towards the deathmarch and Castellans battalion...

if you want to play it that way and since we both probably never meet across a table ;-D

Well, the answer was:

we don’t answer questions, but your request will be considered for the next faq/designers comment. Till then please try to read the rules, rerea,d then faq\dc, then RAW followed by 4+...

to my knowledge the RAW rules only clarify the legion battalions, not the „death“ battalions, although f.e. the deathmarch was used in official tournaments in a Grand Host army, by @ianob ...

so, I guess @discoking wins this battle, but the war is not over yet, buddy 😄 

(still waiting for the look right here you imbecile post)

17 minutes ago, Honk said:

Well, the answer was:

we don’t answer questions, but your request will be considered for the next faq/designers comment. Till then please try to read the rules, rerea,d then faq\dc, then RAW followed by 4+...

to my knowledge the RAW rules only clarify the legion battalions, not the „death“ battalions, although f.e. the deathmarch was used in official tournaments in a Grand Host army, by @ianob ...

so, I guess @discoking wins this battle, but the war is not over yet, buddy 😄 

(still waiting for the look right here you imbecile post)

yet sepulchral are still GA locked? Lame, well not that self reviving skeles are very useful, especially with the small unit size, but they're weapons are interesting and add some flavor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 11:50 AM, Charlo said:

Can you use Castellans WSB in a Soulblight army? I thought it was only technically usable in GA:Death or something stupid...

After the FAQ does the Dopple Cloak still work properly (I know it changed but i'm unfamiliar with the rules!)

I run a different setup now.

Allegiance: Soulblight
- Bloodline: Swift Death
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Trait: Mist Form 
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
- Lore of the Vampires: Spirit Gale
Prince Vhordrai (480)
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference
5 x Blood Knights (240)
5 x Blood Knights (240)
5 x Blood Knights (240)
10 x Dire Wolves (120)
- Allies
Castellans of the Crimson Keep (150)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 120 / 400
Wounds: 93

7 hours ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

10 x Dire Wolves (120)

Best allies ever!!! 

And swift death is so crazy, since all your knights suddenly fly over terrain, that your opponent put down to hinder your charges... muhuhahahaaaaa!!!

One question to the fly rule... does it ignore the sylvaneth wyldwoods?! Personally I would figure yes, while crossing, but no if you’re ending any type of move in them.

(Sadly not sure about the Castellans, till the next faq says yes,of course)

Hm, in case of the Castellans of the Crimson Keep Battalion. Wouldn't normally be this part of the Rulebook FAQ the handling:

Q: The rules say that a warscroll battalion can include allies
and that they don’t count against the number of allies in the
army. Does this rule only apply to battalions that share the
same allegiance as the army, but that have units from two
different factions (a battalion in a Daughters of Khaine army
that has Daughters of Khaine and Stormcast Eternals units,
for example)?
A: Yes. The faction a warscroll battalion belongs to is
shown on its warscroll, above the title of the battalion.
In addition, the battalion is assumed to belong to the
Grand Alliance that its faction is a part of. Warscroll
battalions that share the same allegiance as an army
can always be taken as part of the army, and if they
include any allied units, these units do not count against
the limits on the number of allies the army can have
(or against the points limit that can be spent on allies
in a Pitched Battle). An army can include a warscroll
battalion of a different allegiance to the rest of the
army, but if it does so the units in it do count against the
limits on the number of allies the army can have (and
the points for the battalion and the units in it count
against the points limit that can be spent on allies in a
Pitched Battle).

In case of the three Legions and Grand Host of Nagash it is Handled with page 60.

Legions of Nagash

When you are choosing your army, you may decide it is taken from one of the Legions of Nagash. If you do s, choose one of the following faction keywords. All units and warscroll battalions in your army selected from this battletome gain that keyword.

This only counts for the three Legions and the Grand Host, not for a Soulblight Army.

4 hours ago, Honk said:

Best allies ever!!! 

And swift death is so crazy, since all your knights suddenly fly over terrain, that your opponent put down to hinder your charges... muhuhahahaaaaa!!!

One question to the fly rule... does it ignore the sylvaneth wyldwoods?! Personally I would figure yes, while crossing, but no if you’re ending any type of move in them.

(Sadly not sure about the Castellans, till the next faq says yes,of course)

Yes, they ignore the woods while moving.  They essentially have "fly" without the keyword, meaning Idoneth can't take it away from them.

The list works fairly well actually.  People are worried about model count, but you need to hit a threat as hard as you can, and they can't do anything back.  The debuffs help too.

Archived