Should I rebase my army?

Ragnar Alpaca

FF6F81EE-8167-4453-995B-003895271573.jpeg.f64f1a970baa746eb33c1599e0e3de6b.jpeg

So I have already based 30 warriors, 10 Irondrakes, 30 quarrellers, 5 longbeards, and 5 hammerers like the ones on the right. Just normal glue the model to the base. However I started off just using cork on the bases of unit leaders and hero models, but now I’m wondering what I should do. 

A) Keep doing what I have been doing, use cork only for hero models and unit leaders

B) Rebase 80 dwarfs to add cork

Nah, I think keeping it to leaders works fine. What you could do is use bits of broken cork to tie the bases together more. 

My base theme has heroes etc with slate and other bits on there, with little rocks and then bits of Astrogranite. My main army is just little rocks and Astrogranite. I then use snow and some wintery grass (bit brown, bit green) on all of the bases. 

If the colours are the same and there's commonality you'll be fine. 

Agree with the masses. Break up some smaller pieces of cork and glue them on the other bases to remind of the heroes and bind the army (I personally think bases bind armies together more that paint every single model the same scheme) but keep big cork bases for hero only so they stand out.

The problem is most of the dwarf lads legs are so small it will be difficult to add little bits of cork to their bases. Alternatively I thought about another option, those 80 dwarfs are still only half of what my army is going to be I could use cork on some of the new models for the army, for example finishing the 5 longbeards and 5 hammerers, the first sets of 5 each don’t have cork but the next 5 could. This could make each squad have some height variation as well. What do you all think? Thanks for all your help so far everyone btw.

27 minutes ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

The problem is most of the dwarf lads legs are so small it will be difficult to add little bits of cork to their bases. Alternatively I thought about another option, those 80 dwarfs are still only half of what my army is going to be I could use cork on some of the new models for the army, for example finishing the 5 longbeards and 5 hammerers, the first sets of 5 each don’t have cork but the next 5 could. This could make each squad have some height variation as well. What do you all think? Thanks for all your help so far everyone btw.

Was going to suggest just that! 

21 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Hi Ragnar,

i was just wondering if you use some kind of technic for rebasing.

i myself tried cutting the figures of their old bases, but found it very tiring.

thanks in advance

I do not unfortunately, it would involve cutting away the old base and using new ones.

I like the idea of it being mixed, with some on rocks and some not, if you choose to make those leaders / command so be it, but I wouldn't be that strict.

As long as the bases without match whatever is around the rocks, I think it will add a very dynamic feel.

Archived