Gods and Legends - How would you see a Hero's return?

Kronos

After seeing the wish listing thread I'm intrested to see how some of you would envision the return of a Warhammer legend to the Age of Sigmar. We've Seen Drycha Transformed into a monster of war, Alarielle elevated to Goddess of life and Sylvaneth. Archaon as Grand Marshall of all Chaos, though the biggest transformation there was Dhorgar into a Chimeric Daemon of Chaos. Morathi was one of the best transformations so far and one of the first "Mortal<monster" miniature kits, I can't think of any other from GW.  Many are still only in narrative, such as Teclis, Malerion, Sigmar, and most recently Morghur. 

I'm interested how you would envision the return of legends into the Mortal realms as Gods, monsters, and powerful champions of their armies.  

Settra as a Demi-god who’s trapped within a shade glass construct. That could be the big reveal from shadespire- his consciousness is found trades deep within the glass. Settra then leads an army of Katophranes in their own shade glass bodies as a death army that’s rebelling against Nagash. 

That way they could bring back the TK plastic kits! Add in a new construct troop choice and a big Bone Giant/Settra kit. 

Oh but a boy can dream. 

I would like someone who wants to return home as opposed to the "I'm here to get more power now."  A hero or group that want to go back to the world that was.  Or a cult that wants to go back to the world that was. 

Like 9th age the army.

13 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Generally I would prefer to see them as narrative only, more myth and rumour than anything substantial but if GW do it then Morathi is the way to go - dial it up to eleven and give them a twist. 

This.^ :)

Myrmidia is a good example of a legendary diety inspiring new generations. From her heraldry in Azyrheim being changed to the "The Sanguine Lady", a knightly order in Ghyran calling themselves her order and now Stormcasts from Hysh revealing there's a strong following there among the noble classes.

It's more awesome to me to see these kinds of mythical figures have a resonance down the ages as the new replaces the old and the Mortal Realms continue to progress.

And yeah, a few rare returnees that show up and raise themselves to godhood or are dieties saved from destruction  are awesome to see as they adapt to the new setting, make a fundamental change and further flesh out fantasy's future.

That said, I really love it when all new characters get introduced and we see more god aspects and even God-beasts uncovered. Those really let this glorious age stand on it's own two feet. :D

I'd love more new characters to be honest to really help solidify what people can do in this world without relying on having come back from the old world.

That said if they do come back they should be in the background rather than in model form all the time. Teclis and Grungi for example make far more sense to not have models as they have shown to be largely hands off and dealing with educating their race rather than leading them.

21 hours ago, TristanGray said:

Settra as a Demi-god who’s trapped within a shade glass construct. That could be the big reveal from shadespire- his consciousness is found trades deep within the glass. Settra then leads an army of Katophranes in their own shade glass bodies as a death army that’s rebelling against Nagash. 

That way they could bring back the TK plastic kits! Add in a new construct troop choice and a big Bone Giant/Settra kit. 

Oh but a boy can dream. 

That would be incredibly awesome!

Most of the characters I loved in WHB already came back, but I still miss some of them (Vlad, Settra, Krell, Gilles, Orion, Isabella, Khalida, Alith)

Vlad could be back as the powerful Lord we know and love. He could be a less treacherous Mortach than the two others soulblights. Maybe leading an army made of vampires with one purpose like Olynder is with the Nighhaunt ?

I want to see Settra too, still feeling rage toward Nagash. Maybe a new leading the Katrophranes as @TristanGray said. There are many gods of Death in Shyish. Settra could be back as one of them ? Leading a rebellion against Nagash ?

I want most of the major characters from the world that was to come back in a form or another. They can also co-exist with some new ones made in AoS.

My only trouble so far with the new characters are that I find them not developped enough. I mean sure they did not have all the character developement Morathi or Alarielle had with WHB but I still don't understand why we have some characters with interesting stories (some may disagree of course) in Black Library's novels but doesn't get any models. I wished when Soul Wars came out, GW would had release Balthas...instead we got Aventis Firestrike. Same with Hamilcar and Tarsus, but instead we got Gavriel Randomcast ? Maybe those characters will get miniatures some day and maybe Gavriel will have more than 15 lines of lore but for now I feel not interested and invested in those new characters made into miniatures.

1 hour ago, Rekmeister said:

I am hoping for the carrion king to be revealed as a deranged Vlad or Konrad.

I always thought the carrion king was Ushoran founder of the Strigio line of vampires. Although which original bloodline the Von Carsteins came from,  was never explained, and I always thought Vlad and Ushoran had some similarities (not the same vampire, but maybe Vlad came from the Ushoran bloodline).

2 hours ago, DarkWingDuck said:

I always thought the carrion king was Ushoran founder of the Strigio line of vampires. Although which original bloodline the Von Carsteins came from,  was never explained, and I always thought Vlad and Ushoran had some similarities (not the same vampire, but maybe Vlad came from the Ushoran bloodline).

I believe Von Carsteins where one of the original 5 blood line (Von Carsteins, Blood dragons, Lamian, Strigoi, and Necrach) and  it was implied that Vlad was Vashanesh the progenerator of that bloodline

Huge sized and monster riding heroes are fine. But I really want to see a character hero on a standard 32mm base (Teclis perhaps), with the stats of a monster riding hero. Just one tiny guy being really bad ass and stuff, literally a one-man army! ?

22 minutes ago, Bohemond said:

Huge sized and monster riding heroes are fine. But I really want to see a character hero on a standard 32mm base (Teclis perhaps), with the stats of a monster riding hero. Just one tiny guy being really bad ass and stuff, literally a one-man army!

Ever since I've read about the theatrics that showed one of the legendary Tyrion's deeds, I'd want to see him on the table as you had described it. I imagine Teclis would be modeled as ICBM with a sign "to whoever it may concern". 

There's only a single character I care from the old world to come back. Luthor Harkon at the fleet of a huge undead pirate armada in the service to Nagash. All with some sort of AoS twist of course. I mean technology is more advanced now, and magic too. Old wooden sailing ships while iconic are just not the same wow factor. Not sure how GW would do the fleet but I can imagine them using lots of cool guns dredged up from past naval battles, and themed around different people who died at sea or in ocean battles in certain ways. Big bad Luthor himself would probably come back riding a cool giant undead necro colossus fused with metal from old metal battle ships. Its got giant crab claws fortified with metal, big battleship style cannon in its shell, and smaller set of cannons in its arms. Even its legs are weapons. Luthor himself is packing a cool star metal harpoon mentioned in the dlc and a cool big ass pistol of some sort. I think old proto ww1 style ships banged up and dredged up from the depths that have all sorts of battle damage, old aquatic life on them, and of course that sorta davy jones pirates of the carribean ship look but on more modern undead fleet. As a bonus his fleet is capable of sailing the aether sea too lol to hunt them pesky deepkin. 

3 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

There's only a single character I care from the old world to come back. Luthor Harkon at the fleet of a huge undead pirate armada in the service to Nagash. All with some sort of AoS twist of course. I mean technology is more advanced now, and magic too. Old wooden sailing ships while iconic are just not the same wow factor. Not sure how GW would do the fleet but I can imagine them using lots of cool guns dredged up from past naval battles, and themed around different people who died at sea or in ocean battles in certain ways. Big bad Luthor himself would probably come back riding a cool giant undead necro colossus fused with metal from old metal battle ships. Its got giant crab claws fortified with metal, big battleship style cannon in its shell, and smaller set of cannons in its arms. Even its legs are weapons. Luthor himself is packing a cool star metal harpoon mentioned in the dlc and a cool big ass pistol of some sort. I think old proto ww1 style ships banged up and dredged up from the depths that have all sorts of battle damage, old aquatic life on them, and of course that sorta davy jones pirates of the carribean ship look but on more modern undead fleet. As a bonus his fleet is capable of sailing the aether sea too lol to hunt them pesky deepkin. 

Were you inspired by TW Warhammer II?

Archived