The Red Hunt - new army new faction for AoS2

Thanatos Ares

Hello Chaos!!

so I’ve been thinking (a dangerous idea I know! ?) and I’ve come up with the following list as a proposed idea to take me into AoS2.0 

itll play fairly similarly to my undead flappies list which I love but I just fancied a change. That and Bloodthirsters are awesome!

so without further ado, as always thoughts and feedback is greatly appreciated

47F560ED-6484-4362-9B52-D536A0B0F86E.png

5 hours ago, Thanatos Ares said:

someone won nova with it??? damn now nobody will ever believe i theory hammered that list based on blood thirsters being cool.....

(which i genuinely did fyi)

Dont worry, I believe you haha.

The guy who won nova used 1 wrath, 2 insensate rage and 1 unfettered fury.

18 hours ago, Thanatos Ares said:

Lol my thought process began with 

hmmm I’ve got the Exalted thirster in my loft doing nothing and I love Bloodthirsters and Flesh Hounds that must be enough for a list surely....

Similar to me, though my process started with GUO, then Rotigus, then a third GUO,... Now I want to run them together...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got my head around a bit of a backstory for my list!

feedback welcome 

Erik Stormborn has been born a lowly farm hand in a backwater hamlet in the Ghyran, he was of hardy stock and had oft defended his family’s livelihood from marauding beastmen. Those days brought back fond memories for him, he finished his flagon of ale and gestured to the bar keep for another. His decision to join the free guilds local militia had seemed like the chance to put his skills at fighting to the test, and it had - he had fast earned himself a reputation as valorous warrior and champion of the common man. He had bested a warrior of the dark gods clad head to foot in full plate armour, he had beheaded a rampaging Minotaur and dispatched of a hateful vampyr. He preferred to wear thick animal skins instead of the restrictive armour his company commander had tried to insist he wore. His long shaggy hair and unkempt beard had the unfortunate effect of making him look uncannily similar to the fabled Norsemen of old, those warrior barbarian tribes who served the dark powers of the realms. He cared not, his fellows knew his heart was pure. 

“Something bothering ye this eve” said the bar keep as he motioned for another flagon of ale

He shrugged his broad shoulders and sighed “aye old man, that there is” pausing to gulp down a mouthful “I’m starting to worry that there isn’t anything worthy of my skill - not even the hulking greenskin brutes offer me much of a challenge anymore” 

———

Deep within Khornes brass citadel the daemonic triple headed beast suddenly stop gnawing on the bone it had and began to sniff and taste the air. It looked up to its master who caught its gaze and roared in acknowledgement. A mortal had unwittingly requested a challenge. One he was all to eager to accept. 

The very foundations of the Brass Keep shook with the shockwave of rage that was the gods summons and decree. A most unusual hunt had been loosed upon the mortal realms. And their quarry was being tracked across time and space by Khornes very own hound. 

—————

Old Hank laughed and replied “you might regret speaking such a thing as that young Erik” as he refilled the soldiers flagon. 

Erik winked as he handed the old bar keep some silver coins. “Don’t you be worrying ‘bout me old man” 

But old Hank was indeed very worried, very worried indeed. He motioned to the boastful young soldier to look at the window. Erik turned to see what had drained the old mans face of all its colour and dropped his ale in surprise.

Outside it was raining blood and the drops when they hit the window ran as if guided by an unknown force. 

The droplets upon the window formed the unmistakable eight pointed symbol of the blood god and below were 4 letters

E, R, I, K

• 3 weeks later...

So not much painting getting done I’m afraid as real life is getting in the way but I’ve had a few games now down at South London Legion and I’ve been learning so much!! Current win/loss is 2-1 so gotta be happy with that!!

list has slightly changed as I’ve split the 10 strong Flesh Hound unit into 2x 5 Strong.

30C827C8-AB38-4FAB-B2D2-F6B739E7187B.png

Archived