Idoneth Deepkin Start Collecting with Aquaman trailer...

TeddyMadeMeDoIt

So if you haven't seen it there is a new Aquaman 5min trailer out now

Now after seeing this I'm thinking 2 things

1. I cant believe Aquaman looks like it will be my favourite DC movie yet (tell me that 3 years ago and I wouldn't have believed you)

2. More importantly, anyone else getting the Idoneth Deepkin itch watching this?? 

They have an incredible asthenic anyway but watching this really brings it to life.

The one thing that has always held me back from Deepkin is the lack of a Start Collecting box, I get why they don't do them with new releases (although I'd love to see the impact of Beastmen as even though they were old minis a lot of the take up where I am is down to building an army with reletive ease) however it stopped myself and a few others I know taking the dive in... See what I did there ? 

So the point of this thread is does anyone else think GW would make a killing if they coincided a release of a Idoneth Deepkin Start Collecting box with the release of the new Aquaman film?

Edited by TeddyMadeMeDoIt

GW won‘t do it. They‘ve proven incapable of realizing marketing opportunities.

the best example is Total war Warhammer:

If they had made a „Start Collecting“ Darkling Covens, High Elves etc. for a limited time within the release month of the game they would have Made a Fortune.

they could have also made a surprise sale of Khemri or a made to order once the DLC was released - they didn‘t.

so many missed opportunities when the Miniatures were clearly hyped by a game‘s success.

imagine they’d released at least a Malekith Miniature as Dreadlord with TWW II - The success would have been immense.

??‍♂️

??‍♂️

Edit: How I know this?  16 people of my gaming club and me had no interest in AoS at the time. We got the game and soon after COLLECTIVELY decided to get said eleven factions. Once we went to the GW Website we were put off by so many no longer available Models, the „Mailorder only“ boxes and the absurd prices of most boxes (witch elves, executioners etc.).

they lost 17 Potential customers that day.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

It is honestly surprising that GW put out both Idoneth and Daughters of Khaine without getting started boxed sets. Especially for Idoneth as they were a totally new faction and thus hand crafted from the ground up with no legacy issues; ideal to make a getting started box for them. 

Considering pretty much every other battletome faction has a getting started box its a very odd omission. 

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

It is honestly surprising that GW put out both Idoneth and Daughters of Khaine without getting started boxed sets. Especially for Idoneth as they were a totally new faction and thus hand crafted from the ground up with no legacy issues; ideal to make a getting started box for them. 

Considering pretty much every other battletome faction has a getting started box its a very odd omission. 

Most new Factions received a SC Box one year after release.

next up are DoK

38 minutes ago, Overread said:

Or maybe they figured people would buy them initially and launching with a discounted option would undermine individual unit sales. A later launched start collecting gives an additional opportunity to boost sales.

It's that the model they do. When DoK got first trailer I saw that the pack with cauldron + witches was not available and it's because of the release.

I waited to make Kharadron and it was a god deal because battleforce is a nice box. For ID I went all in and I don't regret (I love elfs) as I had my full army painted on a month. For next army's I don't know what I will do...

Every year by December they make four battleforce boxes with the army's that year, I see this year DoK, Idoneth, Nighthaunt and Sachrosant SCE. For BoC I don't think they will have battleforce because they have start collecting since battletome release. 

And for February maybe we will see the new SC boxes. Maybe here we get some new things, I would like a disciples of Tzeentch SC with 10 tzaangor, skyfires and a shaman or something else. 

For ID battleforce I would bet for Tidecaster + 6 eels + allopex + reavers. And for SC soulrender + eels + thralls and maybe allopex too