Slaves to Darkness & Demons Tzeentch list 2k

Nevvermore

Going to a tournament in October and have to paint my whole list between the end of August and the middle of October, which means my options are quite limited... I'm trying to maximize easily paintable units (demons are very quick to airbrush) while still having a themed list that is at least fun to play, if not competitive... It's mono-Tzeentch and I'm proxying Chaos Warriors with Kairic Acolytes. That said, this is the list

Chaos Lord on Manticore 300

Gaunt Summoner and Familiars 120

Lord of Chaos 100

Chaos Sorcerer Lord 140

30 Pink Horrors 420

3 Flamers 200

20 Chaos Warriors 360

5 Chosen 160 

1 Warshrine 200

The Horrors and Flamers are there both for theme and to provide some much-needed shooting to the army. The Warshrine is just too cool.

I also have a couple of Chaos Chariots, 5 Chaos Knight, a Lord on Demonic Mount, 3 more Flamers, Ogroid Thamathurge, Herald, and also some Beastmen: 15 Tzaangor, 20 Bestigor, 10 Gor, 6 Minotaurs and some Beastlords and Bray-Shamans. I decided against these for one reason or another (some for theme and some for being too hard to paint) but I'd still love to hear what you guys think of my list and if there's something I could change for the better.

i'll be honest. it doesnt look the strongest of lists, most of my changes would require buying new models.

But id like to know how you get on with it, don't expect the manticore to be mindblowing. i've had that an it's frustrating as hell 

I've shelved my own Tzeentch list (Fatesworn Warband) following the GH. It's now an army with mediocre units and bad synergies.

The Changeling is good. Regular WoC are a little bit undercosted so that's a plus. The GS is highly undercosted at 120. You'll want to summon on the flamers for sniping purposes (ideally into cover).

Good luck to you.

8 hours ago, CyderPirate said:

Looks good, but I don't think you're getting much out of that Chaos Lord on foot. Maybe swap him out for the Ogroid Thaumaturge? I think you could do with some knights for a bit of extra mobility, but not sure what you could drop for them.

The command ability is actually pretty decent - mystic shield on some warriors and give them reroll 1s for tzeentch.  Durability is the theme of the day for tzeentch mortals in any case.  I imagine he isn't the general so limited discussion on that - you can always get lucky with the spear. :)

@Nevvermore

Currently your list isn't valid since I don't see three battle line units.  Are you intending to break up the warriors?

Chosen are superb and go well with the shrine, but I'd recommend getting them to 10 models if you can.  They'll stay on the table with those rerolls and return lots of pain, but I don't see what you could easily cut to get them in.

All-in-all I think it's a decent list.  It covers a lot of the necessary elements to tackle the scenarios.

One other possible swap is 2 chariots in place of the chosen for some more speed.  

Thanks a lot guys. I'm aware it isn't the strongest of lists but I'm least hoping for a good time at the lower tables :D didn't know the Curseling was good so might try to get ahold of him. The Manticore is mostly for quick painting and fun, I'm using the super old Manticore that had a Vampire on it :D 

in in any case I'm waiting impatiently for the Arcanites release and Battletome :) 

@Warchief Varard the other horrors don't have points costs yet :( I have some models.

@daedalus81 yeah I'm planning on two units of ten Warriors. would the war shrine still be worth it if I swapped in two Chariots for the Chosen?

1 hour ago, Nevvermore said:

Thanks a lot guys. I'm aware it isn't the strongest of lists but I'm least hoping for a good time at the lower tables :D didn't know the Curseling was good so might try to get ahold of him. The Manticore is mostly for quick painting and fun, I'm using the super old Manticore that had a Vampire on it :D 

in in any case I'm waiting impatiently for the Arcanites release and Battletome :) 

@Warchief Varard the other horrors don't have points costs yet :( I have some models.

@daedalus81 yeah I'm planning on two units of ten Warriors. would the war shrine still be worth it if I swapped in two Chariots for the Chosen?

All the horror have points. The silver tower stuff was released on the generals hand book launch day

• 2 months later...

Archived