1000 point Chaos army

Darksider

Hey as I am going to play in a small tournament I wanted to ask which of my armies you find most competitive?

I made a few lists:  I am going to explain a bit to each list under the written stuff ;).

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Bloodthirster Of Insensate Rage (260)
- General
- Trait: Slaughterborn
Bloodthirster Of Insensate Rage (260)
- Artefact: A'rgath the King of Blades

Battleline
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

Units
3 x Bloodcrushers (150)

Total: 970 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 70

2 big scary daemons and a lot of fast units. The 2 thirster got traits or artefacts to hit better or more reliable. The 3 crushers are more for distraction or when a few hounds need help with something. One weakness is, that I don't have a lot of bodies.

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders
Daemon Prince of Nurgle (160)
- General
- Trait: Pestilent Breath
Daemon Prince of Nurgle (160)
- Artefact: Tome of a Thousand Poxes

Battleline
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
30 x Plaguebearers (320)

Total: 960 / 1000
Wounds: 86

The list has more bodies, the awesome nurgle allegience and I think 2 Princes and 2x5 Blightkings can bring the hurt reliably, while 30 Plaguebearers can hold 1 or 2 objectives for some time.

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders
Archaon (660)
- General
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes
- Lore of Foulness: Plague Squall

Battleline

Total: 980 / 1000
Wounds: 60

This one isn't finished yet. But I thought that I should post it. Archaon is really scary in such small games and with the nurgle wheel he is awesome. Unfortunately he eats a lot of my points, the blightkings give the list a bit more punch. Could be a fun army. Also could replace the blightkings with 2x5 chaoswarriors, so i could add one unit or so into the list.

Hope you can help me to decide which one i should take and how i could improve them. Btw I have no marauders, so not an option for me.

Models I have for Nurgle: Glottkin, Archaon, 2x5 Blightkings, 60 Plaguebearers (all on 25 mm bases), 9 Plaguedrones (on flying bases), 12 Nurglings, 1 Tree, 20 Poxwalkers from 40k, maybe about 20 chaoswarriors, 3 old beasts of nurgle (40 mm base), a lot of daemon princes.

For Khorne I have a lot of bloodbound stuff (2 or 3 from these aos starter boxed sets), about 30 Fleshhounds,  10 Bloodletters (25mm base), 2 Rage Thirster, 1 Fury Thirster, 3 Crushers (40 or 50 mm base).

And a question regarding bases. Most of my stuff is based on the old round bases from 40k, so 25 mm for plaguebearers and 40 or 50 mm for the crushers. Do I have to rebase them? I am asking cause the plaguebearers are the old metal ones and I don't want to cut them from their bases.

Well this is something you might not know but Flesh Hounds are only battleline if your warlord is Karanak in a khorne army.

both of your Nurgle lists seem to be legal and rather strong.

epsecially the last one with Archaon.

if your going to a tournament which is mostly going for a sort of fun play, I’d be going ,if I were you, with the second lists.

Thanks for the replies ;).

Yeah Fleshhounds are Battleline if you have the Khorne allegiance. So my list should be legal^^.

You really find the list with Archon strong? I don't know I have so few bodies, but on the other hand I think most armies will struggle to kill Archaon at this point limit.

38 minutes ago, Darksider said:

Thanks for the replies ;).

Yeah Fleshhounds are Battleline if you have the Khorne allegiance. So my list should be legal^^.

You really find the list with Archon strong? I don't know I have so few bodies, but on the other hand I think most armies will struggle to kill Archaon at this point limit.

I find Archaon in a 1000p list very strong.

since there are almost no units, usually beeing played in 1000p that can stop your ever chosen warlord.

2000p may be different.

as for objective wise.

yoy will probably struggle.

Archived