Wishlisting Thread

Oh boy, gonna have to break this down a bit:

Order

- New plastic kits for basic Human, Aelven and Duardin infantry with more of that sigmarite imagery theme wise

- for the ironweld arsenal to go all out on the clockwork madness, integrated human  and duardin crews, new steam tank, the return  of the dreaded pigeon bomb?

- more of those swanky Azyrite creatures! 

Death

-wraithfleet/dreadfleet faction please

- smaller elite vampire based faction, perhaps based on blood knight's and varghulfs

- skeleton archers because more spooks

Destruction

- New plastic Ogor faction/update gutbusters. Ogors are too damn cool

- skygoblins

- an expansion into the more bestial side of destruction, more mad monsters/plastic yeti's etc 

Chaos

- Skaven dammit! Give them a LoN style book and update everything that's forecast into new plastic kits!

- darkoath/updated slaves to darkness

- an undivided cultist faction with an almost cthulu esque aesthetic, robes, mutation and daemon summoning would be awesome!

Generic

- this one might be controversial but I think it might be a good point in AoS to finally retire some of the older lines to focus on newer and more exciting things, as much as I love loads of the old kits, their time in the sun is really coming to an end (imo)

- Less focus on stormcast, as much as I love the poster boys (hallowed knights Ftw!) I think they should calm down on big releases for them so that other factions can be worked on, wouldn't mind getting a special release mini or hero character variant every now and then, but I'd hate to buy a new stormcast book every year

- More narrative shenanigans! Updating skirmish and path to glory for Aos2 and making them even better would honestly complete my world, if they threw in more battleplans and something akin to 40ks power levels for regular games that would make it even better for me

- a return of hope to the narrative background/fluff. As much as I love grimdark, what drew me into AoS was the theme of fighting back against despair and chaos, I feel like there should be more if a nudge in that direction again but still keeping a lot of the grimdark elements 

- Just for GW to keep doing a fantastic job, this game has quickly become my favourite tabletop game since its release, I don't think there hasn't been an army I wasn't excited for, even ones I don't play! It's a great game with a great setting and I bloody love it! ?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/9/2018 at 6:35 AM, Dorimant said:

I'd like to see non-Freeguild, non-Bretonnian humans. I'd like an elite army where I could paint up a variety of liveries. I'd like Fyreslayers to be expanded, so I wouldn't need to field 50 identical naked duardin.

Because there's a fair few folks asking for non-Empire/Bretonnian 'normal humans', I'd like to point to Fireforge game's pretty excellent and GW-styled plastic human infantry. War of Sigmar did a brief post on them here: https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/3318

They're kind of low-ish fantasy and are more than a little bit inspired by the North in Game of Thrones but they fit the bill and would look great with a twin-tailed comet on the shields. Good archers, cavalry and zombies too.

northmen2.jpg

13 hours ago, Bohemond said:

I see what you mean, but I don’t like that idea.  Weird and alien fantasy stuff can be fine, but there should also be space for «normal» stuff too. I also think it is ironic that none of the new order factions use ordinary horses. ?‍♀️

Yeah, I get that. I really want to see a more archetypal “High-Elf” Aelf army with ordinary horses. The Dragon Blades still look pretty good but I’d like to see GW have a go at it from scratch.

On 10/10/2018 at 3:47 PM, TheDayman said:

Generic

- this one might be controversial but I think it might be a good point in AoS to finally retire some of the older lines to focus on newer and more exciting things, as much as I love loads of the old kits, their time in the sun is really coming to an end (imo)

I think this has been the point from the very beginning.

I'm guessing we'll probably see this come Slaaneshmas, though I really want to see some models and lore from Hysh. Including more locales and some narrative there. It was a bit disappointing to see it glossed over in the corebook when most other Realms got massive coverage, maps, what people look like and do there etc. I'd have lumped Ulgu in with this, though Daughters of Khaine added some depth there. I think with Slaaneshmas I'm hoping we'll see Tyrion's light aelves and Malerion's shadow aelves become more a thing. I wonder though how Geedubs would release them, whether they'd be two seperate battletomes (one for high aelf soup, the other dark aelf soup) or one large Aelf Battle Tome.

6 hours ago, wander said:

I'm guessing we'll probably see this come Slaaneshmas, though I really want to see some models and lore from Hysh. Including more locales and some narrative there. It was a bit disappointing to see it glossed over in the corebook when most other Realms got massive coverage, maps, what people look like and do there etc. I'd have lumped Ulgu in with this, though Daughters of Khaine added some depth there. I think with Slaaneshmas I'm hoping we'll see Tyrion's light aelves and Malerion's shadow aelves become more a thing. I wonder though how Geedubs would release them, whether they'd be two seperate battletomes (one for high aelf soup, the other dark aelf soup) or one large Aelf Battle Tome.

I agree. Hysh is one of the realms I'm most interested in alongside Ghyran and I was really disappointed with how it was treated in the core book.

I do remember seeing them say they had a lot planned for Hysh though (I think on the Stormcast podcast?) and given that the lore hints towards its being the realm Slaanesh had the most influence in it, I agree it will likely come up when they update Slaanesh.

Deathrattle Legions

- Expanded lore in the form of novels (the sprinkling of them throughout other novels is great but a deathrattle focused one would be awesome) and a new stand alone battletome, maybe make them Tomb Kingesk/literally Tomb Kings with a different skin

- Combined aesthetic of the old Wight Kings/Sepulchral Guard and Arkhan/Nagash's armour for the more elite units/constructs

- Tamra Ven-Drak model

- Alt build Wight King/ Yaros of Dmezny kit

- Arkhan given the deathrattle keyword, come on GW he is a skeleton

- Deathrattle wizards

- Brand spanking new skeleton warriors with the same level of quality as the sepulchral guard in boxes of 20 instead of 10 (again come on GW wth)

- Updated Graveguard models

- Skeleton archers/gunners

- Big bad bone constructs (like the dread abyssals and the morghast, maybe even a Nito from Dark Souls kind of thing)  and warmachines (like some kind of catapult made of bone or even porting over old tomb kings ones)

- Bone Giants

- More cavalry that aren't riding horses, maybe they could be more elite than black knights. There are all kinds of beasties in AoS and almost all of them have skeletons so it wouldn't be too hard to do.

- Completely new units I would never think of

I would love to see a Freeguild proper faction but, and this is huge, an update to Seraphons!

I mean, in my humble opinion, the Saurus models have not aged well (warriors, cavalry, guards). Skinks and Kroxigors also need an upgrade. It would be lovely if GW added some almost sci-fi looking weapons and technology to our beloved lizards, something that look like for Stargate or something ? 

10 hours ago, Axebringer said:

I would love to see a Freeguild proper faction but, and this is huge, an update to Seraphons!

I mean, in my humble opinion, the Saurus models have not aged well (warriors, cavalry, guards). Skinks and Kroxigors also need an upgrade. It would be lovely if GW added some almost sci-fi looking weapons and technology to our beloved lizards, something that look like for Stargate or something ? 

You mean, something like this ?

convertes seraphon.JPG

Most of that already mentioned plus some new generic modular terrain kits would be great. Like the terrain they released for 40k killteam lately. Epic statues, arcane constructions and buildings that suit the current artwork. By now, I think the terrain doesn't follow any straight line. Most tables look kind of uninspired with no LOS blocking terrain at all and as small as most models. There is the chaos dreadhold terrain yes, but that's already too specific and the price is ridiculous. I kind of like the ruins on the  bases of the new SCE models.

I can't imagine what kind of crazy new models or units they come up with, but I'm looking forward to that.

Strange new desire appeared over the weekend. A Beastclaw Raiders shaman/wizard riding some kind of big old moose type creature. Model him roughly after a Sami shaman, with the pointy, fur lined hat and a drum and you've got a winning model to fill a niche in that army (plus then you could throw in some crazy looking BCR endless spells too).

Huge bonus points if they look a little like/can be easily converted to look like... a properly wild, pagan Santa Claus (in which case rather than riding a singular hoofed ruminant they could actually be pulled behind multiple moose/reindeers in a sleigh).

On 10/10/2018 at 3:47 PM, TheDayman said:

What about the people who have recently bought one of these armies in good faith? If they get the TK treatment, they are going to be pretty livid. Plus, it will spook players of other factions.

No plastic should be culled IMHO, and resin should be replaced like-for-like (i.e. like the Beasts of Nurgle were). Stuff can move to web-only.

Although I am sad to admit it, I think it's time to lay the older kits to rest. I think it would be a good idea for GW to organise everything (especially their website which is looking clunky and dated.) They could show the various factions off in a much better and more refined manner. 

3 hours ago, Hollow said:

Although I am sad to admit it, I think it's time to lay the older kits to rest. I think it would be a good idea for GW to organise everything (especially their website which is looking clunky and dated.) They could show the various factions off in a much better and more refined manner. 

What about the people who have recently bought one of these armies in good faith? If they get the TK treatment, they are going to be pretty livid. Plus, it will spook players of other factions.

No plastic should be culled IMHO, and resin should be replaced like-for-like (i.e. like the Beasts of Nurgle were). Stuff can move to web-only.

5 hours ago, Hollow said:

I agree something should be done with the older kits but I believe they shouldn't be gotten rid of but replaced with newer sculpts instead. This is the road I think GW is going down, it's just going to take a while.

I really hope they just re-release stuff with new sculpts. Most of the low/medium fantasy stuff can easily be made high fantasy and AoS style just with a new sculpt. GW doesn't want to squat armies over and over - its bad publicity. TombKings were an exception at the lowest point of fantasy under management that was looking for very short term gains instead of long term growth. I still hold out the view that we might see TK return to the game - GW still likely has the scupts and could make some new basic troops and such and relaunch them - many of their newer sculpts for TK would fit right into AoS without issues. 

Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic Mount in plastic with customization options.
Hosts of Slaanesh Sorcerer Lord (with Daemonic Mount option).

Hell, give me a Mortal Lords of Slaanesh plastic kit that will let me do either option.

Waits impatiently for Hosts of Slaanesh Battletome.

Archived