Let's Chat Zarbag's Gits

PlasticCraic

7 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

I ordered mine via the website because I knew I wouldn't get into a store this weekend, so I'm still waiting for them to arrive.

You're going to be pleasantly surprised. I put mine together on Saturday and the sculpts are gorgeous - they're so dynamic for push fit models.. bring on the Moonclan release (or don't, it might be hard to explain why there are suddenly 2 dozen new boxes of minis suddenly on my hobby table)

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, froo said:

@PlasticCraic I've managed to do that too, but I've managed to have them hidden in IKEA boxes.. that are sadly now all full.

There's no way to hide a new Moonclan army.

I never bring the boxes home. Just Sprue, That way mine never knows Dollar Value or just assumes that I brought them from home ;)

• Haha 4

Such an interesting warband 

The fanatics inspiration is tricky as you inspire him as a reaction to an activation but is that before during or after the activation does its thing 

my example is using hidden paths on him to put him in the opponents board 

now he can’t move when inspired so you must use hidden paths when he’s uninspired to move him to another board edge, 

if you use the ploy in your opponents power step then it’s your activation. does the fanatic automatically inspire so you can scatter him immediately or does he inspire as a reaction to another activation leaving him stranded for a whole activation in the opponents half.

Edited by D20 goblin
Detail

9 hours ago, froo said:

I was thinking about it this afternoon. I think Deathly Fortitude is going to be baller on the Fanatic. Great Fortitude might be ok too - but Deathly seems like an auto include for him. There's no downside

You can combine that with sudden growth to get a fanatic with 7 wounds and no downside. With his 3 Dodge defense, he should be quite hard to get out of the way...

• Like 1

Obviously, deployment varies on which board you choose, so, which boards are people thinking work well with the Gitz? I've been theory-crafting in my head how I'd want to position them all. The Arrerz could be good up front to give you some easy ranged attacks without having to move, you can scurry away if you have to but I think that might be a bad idea as they're not really main damage material. 

Squigs up front? That gives you support straight away for Round 1 and if you get adjacent hexes you can either add in the Fanatic or even Zarbag to get some spells off if you have them in hand. I'm just not sure who you'd really want in front as it seems very easy to one-shot them if you don't get the first activation. But, on the flip side, if you receive a first action charge then you're probably going to have lots of support nearby, especially if the boards are set up to your advantage. 

Yep...it could save your skin against an "attack all adjacent enemy fighters" lunge.  You'd still rather kill them and avoid the blowback that way, but it'll come in handy occasionally.

It could also be useful for allowing you to chain attacks together, if you are going for combo kills to trigger things like Vicious Killers, Finish Them and Scragged.

One thing I like the look of in the new decks is the "Positiong Objectives that aren't Objectives" style of cards...things like Extreme Flank and Loner.  These seem geared specifically to high bodycount Warbands which is good to see.

Edited by PlasticCraic
  • Like 1

Tried a game today with a lot of score immediate glory cards, because they seem to have quite a few of those. And I sort of leaned into surrounding opponents/trapping them.  Played against an aggro Steelhearts and I was actually suprised at how well I did xD

I put  Drizgit next to the netter-gobbo. and one squig next to him and one behind. Stormcast got first turn and pulped one of the archers (because I had them up front). 

Still have no idea what gobbos to put closest to the enemy but Drizgit and his squigs at least present a nasty wall that'll swamp you if you try and go in. 

At one point managed to do a 5 damage attack with one of the squigs with Stab 'em in the knee, having 3 supporting fighters plus Low  Kunning and the Ravenous upgrade. Pretty insane with the squig being inspired, rolling 3 dice and with cleave... So of course I roll 3 hammers and the opponent saves with a crit.... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikeymajq said:

Tried a game today with a lot of score immediate glory cards, because they seem to have quite a few of those.

Yeah...I noticed that a lot of the "immediatelies" are aggro-based?  i.e. Kill people in a certain way (by surrounding them, by taking multiple attacks to do so, by doing the correct amount of damage etc).

I quite like the one just for blocking them in too. surround and pound, scoring Glory at every stage!

Maybe sneaky aggro is the way to go...it's good that you've had some early success with that.

Oh yeah, I felt like most of them were and just went with the flow, and it felt like it worked for my warband pretty well. I think it might be quite crucial to score that 3 glory for the inspire ASAP, like if you do it the first round or early 2nd round it'll help  a ton because you get two defense dice on most gobbos and that can really shut down some enemy attacks that would just insta-gib most of your guys. 

I did include quite a lot of pushes, just to get grots in position or to easier surround enemy fighters. I can totally see scurrying up to an enemy with a bunch of grots and then playing confusion could grab you some of those 'surround/trap' the enemy objectives.  

I put shardfall in there as well and it felt really great as another means of trapping opponents and for blocking charge lanes. So far I'm really enjoying this playstyle, but we'll see how it holds up against other opponents. 

Edited by Mikeymajq
  • Like 2