Let's Chat Zarbag's Gits

PlasticCraic

Drizgit’s special action allow him and up to two friendly squiqs to make a Move action. You can’t declare a Charge action and use the action on his fighter card; you have to do one or the other. If Drizgit charges, the squigs won’t move with him. (Other Gitz fighters with Scurry are eligible to move whenbhe charges, provided that they haven’t already made a Move action this round.)

Edited by Tutenkharnage

1 hour ago, Tutenkharnage said:

Drizgit’s special action allow him and up to two friendly squiqs to make a Move action. You can’t declare a Charge action and use the action on his fighter card; you have to do one or the other. If Drizgit charges, the squigs won’t move with him. (Other Gitz fighters with Scurry are eligible to move whenbhe charges, provided that they haven’t already made a Move action this round.)

Thanks, thought this was the case, just wanted to check. 

Hey ppl!
I have a big problem with aggro warbands (Magore's for example). If I lose board's roll, I play handicapped since first activation. The high dmg (well, 2 to 3 dmg) can kills something in the first activation (early game), and late game they usually kill everything throwing 3 or more dice for every atack.

How do you handle this type of warbands? I usually play with cards that I can score inmediately (like "Martyred" or "Strong Start" if I can delete one of them with Snirk, but it's really a gamble that I can use to still be in the game). My deck is focused in scoring with things like "Mad Scurry" or "Keep them guessing" that I must use one or two activations moving my Gobbos, but that gives the enemy a free will activation that I can't just counter him. And at some point, he will catch my backline...

Long story short, any tips to handle that situations? Maybe focus with more agressive decks with free dmg? Or decks with cards like "Baffling illusions" and hope to stop them in the Power Phase with some help of RNGods??

I think support is the key to survival of the warband.
try to inspire your warband as soon as possible with objectives like those you mentioned and try to keep your models as close as possible to each other. 2 dodge with double support is a good defense and, in case your opponent fails the attack, you are already ready for the counter-charge ;)

• Like 1

I normally have my Squig Herder and Squigs up on the frontline.  If you get charged, you at least have double support to make the save, and multiple opportunities to hit back.  Swapping a model isn't generally a bad deal for the Gitz against Aggro Warbands.

I also use a couple of my Restricted slots for extra damage knock-back cards, increasing the chances of taking down one of their units in a swap.

Edited by PlasticCraic
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

I normally have my Squig Herder and Squigs up on the frontline.  If you get charged, you at least have double support to make the save, and multiple opportunities to hit back.  Swapping a model isn't generally a bad deal for the Gitz against Aggro Warbands.

I agree, but without winning the board roll, my Squigs will be charged ASAP without any bonus (most cases, they have 3 hexes between their minis and my Squigs, so they can charge any flank, and of course they never go for Drizgit). If I put my Squigs behind Drizgit (so they can only charge t'he gobbo), I can countercharge with two inspired Squigs but I need two activations (charge) to punish him (or hope to have some pushing gambits). So again, he has an eazy target to make free coins for kills (and of course, I don't build my deck to make more coins for kills) so one early death-gobbo/squig could mean 1 or 2 coins for him and my obligation to countercharge him for one coin and maybe losing the oportunity to score other objective cards. My only oportunity is a perfect hand (martyred and double push for Squigs and two other objectives cards that don't need more than two activations to complete) or hope that they don't kill my Squigs/gobbos. Anyone has some tips to counter that situations? Any trick with boards to stop them (even if they won the board roll)?

• Like 1

Sunday tournament battle report.

14 players:
2 cursebreakers
3 steelheart
2 gitz (one was me)
2 thorns
3 magore
1 tzeentch
1 skaven

first round vs Thorns (hold objectives build)

I lead throughout the game always maintaining a good lead, except for his final comeback with 3 keys and supremacy for a glory swing of 9 points that cost me the victory. it is my fault that I did not expect such a large comeback

second round vs stormsire relic

very interesting build, unfortunately for him the deck did not work properly and was an easy victory for me.

third round vs skaven

very difficult game that was experienced as an eternal climb to an uncertain victory until the last, especially when, with Confusion, he denied me Supremacy to do it himself. with great effort I can reassemble and tear a victory with only one point of advantage.

(after this game I started to feel the fatigue of the tournament)

fourth round vs magore

IMO the worst enemy of gitz .. and luck!
I can easily win because my opponent was unlucky all the time at the dice. he looked like he was cursed hahaha

fifth and last round vs cursebreakers

you play for third and fourth place. I did not understand his strategy very much. it seemed an aggro but did not advance, perhaps he expected me to go to him? it's what's happened, because his remaining in his half board I interpreted it as a hold objective playstyle, lol

without really understanding what was the goal of his decklist, I managed to win and win the third place.

the top 5 was:

1- magore
2- gitz hold obj
3- gitz flex (me)
4- cursebreakers
5- steelheart

this is my decklist, I hope it can help  :)https://www.underworldsdb.com/shared.php?deck=0,N92,N94,243,257,N374,N303,N317,N319,N340,N347,L29,N102,N116,N99,318,320,331,348,N389,N400,N426,L38,391,427,N499,N503,N511,N527,N543,N546,N385,383

Edited by Bandit-94
  • Like 3

You deck is suprisingly similar to what I plan to use at an event in a week.

https://www.underworldsdb.com/deck.php?deck=0,N92,N94,257,L29,N317,N319,N340,N347,N374,N385,374,384,410,427,N543,N499,N506,N98,N102,N105,331,N400,N426,N95,318,383,403,N486,252,N444,349,N467

I've traded out Change of Tactics for Defensive strike. Mostly because I feel that there is many passive objective cards which means I draw the fighting to my side of the board. Plus, I never want to 'waste' an activation on going on guard.  I've also swapped catching up for Scragged. I did play catching up for a while, but it can be a dead draw if you go first sometimes.  Scragged can be easy to get. A Centre on Attention/Irresistable prize can clump up the gobbos for a 3-4 gobbo scurry charge on the 2nd activation.

I was also running the Hex/Withering combo, but recently ditched it - specifically for a couple of the new Mollog Cards. I often found myself stuck with those cards in hand, and no use for them.

With all of the push-ploys I run, Shadowed Step seemed a good fit. Hidden pathways has for a while been my most useful ploy, and this is VERY similar. Whether it being dropping the Fanatic in, or getting in to combat with someone without charging, it seems very useful. Not to mention things like an easy support dice. Any more thoughts on this card?

Second is Transfixing Stare. Seems like an easy, quick way to neuter warbands like Magore, Steelhearts, etc. Basically an easy way to take a fighter out of the round. Similar to Frozen in time, but without the randomness, and less restrictions.

We match up similar with Upgrades too. Any reason you don't have Deathly Fortitude as well as Sudden Growth? They're so good on the fanatic, and can really be mitigated with push ploys on other gitz.

I do like Gloryseeker, and I should probably find space for it. really useful on Drizgit/Prog with their 3 hammers when inspired. 

I gotta say that i'm not a fan of volley caller or potion of constitution. Any reason you use them?

Low Cunning has gone in/out a bit over time for me. I either forget about it, or struggle to get use from it.

Why no Acrobatic?

Any other thoughts on my deck?

• 2 weeks later...

What are peoples thoughts on Obliterated? 

Seems very swingy. The score immediately and 2 glory of it is great, but it can be difficult to pull off - and even with the right ploys in hand (hidden paths, pushes, centre of attention etc), there's a chance he will still whiff. 

On 2/5/2019 at 8:08 AM, belly318 said:

What are peoples thoughts on Obliterated

Well, I started without obliterated but because I usualy played with passive decks. Lastly, i switched to aggro, or at least "burst" with a mix of passive objectives and aggro objectives and I'm doing really good now. Aggro bands usually end without any fighters at turn 2 and obliterated helps with my plays.  I usually put my fanatic in a random space that nobody gives a ******, and just throw him if I can see a kill (previously with some ploy dmg cards and follow with teleport ploys). After scoring 3 coins with obliterated and being at the middle of my enemy team, I have enough pressure to prepare another goblin-missile (with ploy dmgs or with upgrades). Aggro players usually go for a kill (or throw another missile to kill to kill one gobbo) and I can take another enemy just because he has less miniatures and a missile usualy means a charges action or two combo ploys. If they retreat, I could deny maybe one objectives card from their hand if they are aggro and it means that I can start rolling and I have more miniatures to either build/prepare another missile or go for passive objectives. 

I'm still still learning if Bag of Tricks works for my playstyle, it's one action that helps building a missile or deny something for my enemy, anyone has some experience with that card?

12 minutes ago, belly318 said:

What do you mean by 'missile'? Is this your term for the Scurry-charge? One gobbo charges, two give supports?

We use this term to any fighter that at first sight doesn't have enough stats to be dangerous, but using ploys (or even upgrades) give him/her high chances to kill one target in one hit (scurry, pushes, etc... will help too). For goblins, that usualy means 2/3 cards. That's why I asked if Bag of Tricks has enough value for us because it could be awesome to search for that card that I need to finish my "missile" loadout.

16 hours ago, Beliman said:

We use this term to any fighter that at first sight doesn't have enough stats to be dangerous, but using ploys (or even upgrades) give him/her high chances to kill one target in one hit (scurry, pushes, etc... will help too). For goblins, that usualy means 2/3 cards. That's why I asked if Bag of Tricks has enough value for us because it could be awesome to search for that card that I need to finish my "missile" loadout.

Ahh yeah, i'm familiar with it.

At the last event I played, I managed to take 8 wounds from Mollog in a single activation with Stikkit.

Stikkit was equipped with Mutating Maul, Great Strength and Gloryseeker. I got a scurry charge, giving me double-assists. Scored What Armour? and did 4 wounds. Equip Potion of Rage, use ready for action - suddenly rolling 4 hammers take Mollog out with a grot.

Edited by belly318
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2019 at 1:02 PM, Diablo said:

can you plz post your Decklist ? ;)

My decklist is pretty old now, before Extreme Flank ban, and I play a more reactive heavy risky style of Gitz. I recommend looking at the flex Gitz list from Adepticon, that's a much more standard version of Gitz, which I recommend for you as I see you're also pretty new to the game. 

• 5 months later...

I think Gitz got a lot from BeastGrave so far, mainly from the Grymwatch universals. In particular Path to Glory, Scrum, Desperate Flight, Restless Prize, Larval Lance, and Survival Instincts. 

Scrum, restless Prize, Larval Lance and Survival instincts can be huge for Gitz. Scrum is an auto include as with the placement of squigs you can score this after your opponents first activation, before you've done anything, which means you can play an upgrade during their powerstep, before your first activation. 

Path to Glory is another that is fairly easy to score. killing 1 fighter and holding 2 objectives isn't to difficult for Gitz. Restless Prize helps with the objective grabbing. 

Larval Lance is just does huge damage in the 3rd round and your chump arrow gitz can use to take a big fighter out.  Survival Instincts seems hysterical on Snirk, but really it's great on any of the potentially 2-3 dodge fighters. Snirk with 3-4 defense and always on guard seems fun.

• Like 1