Let's Chat Zarbag's Gits

PlasticCraic

I don't even want to think avout that but a timely unholy vigour might need to be included if it pops up a lot. :/

Edit: I think I need picture examples of Extreme flank with different board set ups because I can't quite wrap my head around it, especially the last parts of it ?

Edited by Mikeymajq

21 minutes ago, Red Drake said:

GThe last part of extreme flank only apply to 3 player games. 

You need to be on two opposite edges, and in the case of irregular shaped battlefield, the furthest away opposite edge

In 1vs1 too. If you have boards off. Like you connect them on long edge, but not with all hexes. Then furthest right side can be in your opponent territory and left on yours (or opposite)

It still doesn’t matter. The card doesn’t say that two fighters need to be on the furthest opposite ends; it simply says that one fighter needs to be opposite another. So if the boards are aligned on the long edge but offset, and you have one fighter on your back wall and one on the edge adjacent to the choke point, then the second fighter isn’t on the furthest opposite edge in comparison to the first—but the first is on the opppsite edge compared to the second, so you can score the card anyway. 

Theres only one scenario in which the wording on this card prevents it from being scored, as far as I can tell: two fighters on adjacent corners. I doubt that’s what they were trying to prevent, but RAW, that’s all they prevented. 

1 hour ago, Tutenkharnage said:

It still doesn’t matter. The card doesn’t say that two fighters need to be on the furthest opposite ends; it simply says that one fighter needs to be opposite another. So if the boards are aligned on the long edge but offset, and you have one fighter on your back wall and one on the edge adjacent to the choke point, then the second fighter isn’t on the furthest opposite edge in comparison to the first—but the first is on the opppsite edge compared to the second, so you can score the card anyway. 

Theres only one scenario in which the wording on this card prevents it from being scored, as far as I can tell: two fighters on adjacent corners. I doubt that’s what they were trying to prevent, but RAW, that’s all they prevented. 

Actually, going by RAW one fighter need to be on edge hex and another on furthest opposite edge. Card doesnt allow you to choose which fighter is consider first, so going by your defenition, your enemy can argue you that the other fighter is first, and second need to be on furthest edge hex from that other fighter. And you both would have that same points, so you will flip a coin or roll off to see if you get or not glory?. Cuz you can't choose which is consider first, then you should check requirements  of card first to one fighter then for another and if for one of them its not meet then you shouldnt get glory.

There is nothing that indicate that you can consider fighter on choke point as first, to be able score it. There is no "choose fighter od edge hex...".

I mean, i know why you look at this that way, i was too. But after some time i change my mind, just cuz of that i cant say which should be consider as first.

Edited by Reggi

Souretongue question -

Does he inspire only after the Activation is complete?

If not, there is no reason to ever look at his uninspired card face. He inspires after "an activation" which means even if the opponent goes first, he inspires instantly. The only way to get a shot at him on one Dodge is to hit him with your first attacker and rule that he doesn't inspire until the activation is fully completed.

8 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Souretongue question -

Does he inspire only after the Activation is complete?

If not, there is no reason to ever look at his uninspired card face. He inspires after "an activation" which means even if the opponent goes first, he inspires instantly. The only way to get a shot at him on one Dodge is to hit him with your first attacker and rule that he doesn't inspire until the activation is fully completed.

Yes, he only inspires after the first activation is completed. So at least for the first activation in the game, you use his uninspired side. 

14 hours ago, wdanjou said:

Yeah this seems to be coming up now more than with any other card yet, but concerning Souretongue- remember, Reactions are not mandatory. Meaning Souretongue can be inspired after any activation occurs at the discretion of the player.

What @wdanjou said. Reactions are optional. If you want to try sneaking in an attack with Sourtongue after a Scurry in order to take advantage of his uninspired side’s 3 damage, you can. (I don’t recommend taking a Charge action with him while he’s uninspired, however; you won’t be able to activate him again for the remainder of the round.)

• Like 1

Does anyone have the cards for the starting deck for the Gits?  I opened both decks and got them knocked off the table and wanted a little bit of an idea of where to start with them deck wise. 

If anyone wants to post up their current deck that would be cool too!

Here is the deck I came up with, no idea if it will be any good but I'll find out this week with some practice games.  I would like to swap out Great Fortitude and Strength for Deathly Fortitude and/or Sudden Growth just to stack it up on Sourtongue but I dont have those decks.

I only have access to the decks from both starter boxes, Sepulchral Guard, Orcs, and the Gits so my card choices are a bit limited.

https://www.underworldsdb.com/shared.php?deck=0,N387,N368,N354,N340,N303,290,N90,N92,N93,N94,N95,N96,N98,N99,N100,N102,N106,320,332,355,N436,N421,N409,N388,N107,N110,N112,N113,N116,389,391,N541,N529,N524,N514,N511

Drofnum correct me if I’m wrong but have you included an objective (Flash Finale) which you have no method of scoring in this deck, since you have included no damage dealing spells? I suppose you could use Jealous Hex to take the last point of health off somebody, but it seems like a poor choice to include an objective in your deck which absolutely requires one specific card in order to score.

lol, this warband has been a blast. Snirk has been awesome, usually taking down someone before I park him off in the corner (haven't included any reliable objective/starter hex teleport cards yet). Extreme flank is almost always a must-have to get early glory points, and deploying on boards with two side-by-side hexes helps early setup/movement as well (still havent been able to score mad scurry as squigs keep dying early). Mostly just been testing it against casuals (mix of 2~3 expansions, my main meta deck is Magore and haven't swapped cards from it yet, so equally unoptimized), and been doing pretty well using a kill oriented setup. Have yet to ever inspire the squigs... (they're almost always the first to die since they give easy glory points to the enemy), trying to include berserk axe or other mechanisms to make the herder hurt himself. 

How's everyone else been doing with them? O.o 

Slightly random Q for this mob, but has anyone else had problems getting the squid herder's head attached tightly?

There seems to be a gap, not hugely noticeable, when it's in but enough to annoy me and I cant tell if it's meant to be like that or I need to shave down the bit that attached him, or just cut it off and glue him instead.

2 hours ago, JPjr said:

Slightly random Q for this mob, but has anyone else had problems getting the squid herder's head attached tightly?

There seems to be a gap, not hugely noticeable, when it's in but enough to annoy me and I cant tell if it's meant to be like that or I need to shave down the bit that attached him, or just cut it off and glue him instead.

If you know how to cut the "join tabs", whatever they're called, and then glue I'd recommend that 100%. I have all the warbands and the first thing I did when putting them together is cut off the join tabs. They are meant to be tight in order to be push fit. 

When you cut them off and glue it is significantly more easy to build and there's less gaps

• Like 1

Like Anthony said, I cut the post down on the backside of the head and I dont have any issues with mine.  It seems like if you get glue in the hole for the posts it can make it very difficult to push the parts together entirely, most likely cause there is glue down in the hole filling up some of the space the post should be taking up.

I played a game last night with my deck vs eyes of the nine, it went pretty well.  Ended the game 9-3 and could have been more if not for a lucky Duel of Wits draw on my opponents part.  I definitely do need access to some more cards though to swap out a few of the objectives I have that arent very good, I could cut down my gambits as well by 2 but I just need to see what upgrades I would lose if i did that.

Really fun warband to play though, scurry makes for some fun moments, my first attack of the game had 3 supporting fighters.  I also think a buffed up sourtongue could be entertaining, but his randomness does hurt a little bit.

2 hours ago, Drofnum said:

It seems like if you get glue in the hole for the posts it can make it very difficult to push the parts together entirely, most likely cause there is glue down in the hole filling up some of the space the post should be taking up.

The glue melts the plastic a little, and that reaction creates gas, which has nowhere to go. That's why you should not get glue in the holes. The gas will actually seek to escape and push the parts apart.