Tourney Preparations. Need advice and help

Havkai

Hello, everyone!
I am thinking to participate in local 2k tourney soon. That’s my first event so I won’t perform well but I am aiming to the top ?
This is the list, that I made from miniatures that I have, maybe buy something else for variety. I don’t want to lose pathetically so asking for advices.

Here is the list

Allegiance: Nighthaunt

Leaders
Lady Olynder, Mortarch of Grief (240)
-
 Lore of the Underworlds: Lifestealer

Doing her stuff

Reikenor the Grimhailer (180)
-
 Lore of the Underworlds: Spectral Tether

Accompanying Lady, either exploding units with his exclusive spell or healing her.

Spirit Torment (120)
-
 Artefact: Midnight Tome 

- Lore of the Underworlds: Soul Cage

Accompanying our “screening” horde, shooting random bolts of caging units in combat with CWH

Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern (140)
-
 General
- Lore of the Underworlds: Shademist

General with ruler trait, goes with screening horde, either heals it or gives protection with shademist

Knight of Shrouds on Ethereal Steed (140)
-
 Artefact: Pendant of the Fell Wind 

Dude that leads Shroudguard. I prefer him over Reikenor, as later cannot leave Lady. Item is chosen because it gives Swordguys more mobility.

Battleline
30 x Grimghast Reapers (360) – most of the time I DS it somewhere where it can start destroying units 1 by 1, usually flanks. Trying not to leave to far from heroes.
20 x Chainrasp Horde (160) – 1 Horde is for screening our heroes from charge, initiating combats
20 x Chainrasp Horde (160) – 2 Horde for protecting objectives.

Units
10 x Bladegheist Revenants (180)
10 x Bladegheist Revenants (180)

Maybe I should bounce them, 15 and 5, IDK, with mKos they are flanking either distracting enemies from main hero blob or attacking weak points. With pendant they are very fast.

Battalions
Shroudguard (110)
5+ FNP, extra command point and item.

Total: 1970 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 120

Main point that I see ghosts as attacking army, can’t imagine them sitting in tight defence as shooting capabilities are awful, so moving forward, main blob consists of Lady, Reikenor, GoS, SP and chainrasps, depending on mission I take 1 or both. We have plenty of units, so during deploy we can guess opponent’s plan and see his positioning to pick targets for shroudguard and scytheghosts.

Main point – I am total noob in AoS, I played 40k a lot, but now I wanted to play AoS. Probably I don’t know some basics that everyone else think as natural. Item choice is pure my liking. If there is more playable variants – I will gladly learn about them.

I am opened to suggestions and but I cant afford endless spells right now. If you have any advice or thoughts, I will gladly hear them.

Archived