The Painting Contract - October 2018

TheOtherJosh

First time trying the contract, let’s see if I can stick to a commitment here... starting small so:

Build and Paint:

-1 unit of 5 Skullreapers

-Exalted Deathbringer with Spear

Prime and Paint:

-Bloodstoker

Stretch Goals:

-Additional Heroes

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been living out of country for several years now, but I'm finally getting my minis sent to me. I've only got old Wood Elves, but I've done custom conversions of most of them. If I can find some good model paints I'll be all in for painting my small mans up!

I was reasonably successful in September but now need to get a wriggle on to complete my idoneth for armies on parade a week on Saturday. I’ve painted all the beasts apart from the kings mount but need to do all of the eel riders, shark riders and leviadon guys on top. So that is 20 infantry models so should be doable. My son has suddenly got into warhammer again but he is asking for a load of eldar to be built and painted so I will be doing that on the side as well.

Just about to start repainting my bloodthirster, and managed to snap him off his base while scraping off the old basing. Quite a set back that. Think i'm gonna just cut the flame bit off now, and pin him to a load of built up cork board. Would be good if i could have the base removable for transportation as well

DSC_0047.JPG

First time trying this so will keep it simple:

finish all my existing shadespire warbands (Fyreslayers and reavers need basing, stormcast are on final highlight and orruks haven't been started yet)

finish my deepkin allopex (sharks skin is already done so far)

It's going to be a bit finding paints, and since Taiwan doesn't appear to have any official GW stores, I'll have to use other modeling paints. Lots of folks like to make Gundams and the like here, so I know there are hobby supply stores around.

Anyway, here are some quick pics of the only painted models I've got so far - a group of 8 Dryads. When I started back in 8th edition of WHB, it was the smallest unit you could field them in, and while I think they could probably use a wash or two to make the texture pop a bit more, I think they're a good first try.

Also, I have to rebase all my dudes, which I'm rather looking forward to - I hated trying to rank up my models in 8th edition, almost nothing in the wood elf army was. :s

Dryads 1.jpg

Dryads 2.jpg

Managed to get through my list last month- bit late in posting but they were all done in September, honest guv! 

Still need to dig out another brazier for the black guard banner at some point. 

This month I may get another 10 executioners or black guard done, but I think I’ll mostly be painting lotr stuff

1C337D77-FFE0-436A-A0B2-98DB053E7E4D.jpeg

D4B1127D-7354-417C-9B76-769CF858DCED.jpeg

5E3422C5-7B04-4D38-87A6-BCF8C963AEE8.jpeg

E3D956ED-E947-421E-B8BA-5AAD50169469.jpeg

Argh! My clock is ticking fast! Just one week left until the Armies on parade and the tournament my army is currently missing a few touches with basing. Still need to Paint my arkhan and to make matters worse, i've converted a new vampire lord and added it to the army. Here it is an "old style " von carstein vampire

20181007_093804.jpg

IMG_20181007_013804.jpg.47b6cddce2a18e17a41bf27dd2580987.jpg

Getting there with my 1st Hydra. Skin done, tongue and mouth flesh done. Now spines, underbelly, claws and teeth to do. All have had a brown basecoat and wash. Each bit will be highlighted differently however. Think I'll also go back and use some Agrax on some parts to make it darker. 

Archived