Guardian of Souls with Mortality Glass

Sleboda

I just got my store birthday stuff. The Guardian model comes with an option not in the Nighthaunt book.

I don't want to have to save the little assembly booklet that came with the model, but that's the only place where the rules are.

Anyone heard when we'll see this option in Builder or on the site for download?

Related -

Is this a first? Are there any other AoS kits where the only place to get their rules is in the assembly booklet that comes with the model?

I'm concerned I may have thrown out variant rules for other models by mistake. Crawlock and the other "named" Nighthaunt guys, maybe?

@Rob Hawkins

This is the pitch profile from instructions. It the same as nightmare lantern

And here's the warscroll for reference to anyone. 

This model really needs to end up in the Start Collecting eventually. 

Edit: also, which weapon are people building? Haven't decided yet. 

20181001_093410.jpg

20181001_093312.jpg

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, Seraphage said:

We still can't buy him somehow from somewhere right ?  What about from GW in Nottingham ? Gonna be visiting for Heat 3 so would be a great opportunity !

Nottingham should be a way to get it aside from store birthdays

2 hours ago, Seraphage said:

We still can't buy him somehow from somewhere right ?  What about from GW in Nottingham ? Gonna be visiting for Heat 3 so would be a great opportunity

He's currently one of the anniversary models though it's getting changed in July when the AoS and 40k anniversary models get changed. Whether or not it will still be available hasn't been confirmed yet. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

He's currently one of the anniversary models though it's getting changed in July when the AoS and 40k anniversary models get changed. Whether or not it will still be available hasn't been confirmed yet. 

Maybe we get a nighthaunt start collecting with him after they change the anniversary models

• Like 1

I have a feeling this will be the available GoS model. The soul wars one is great but like 60% of all pics ive seen of it the sword arm obviously broke off and owner had to fix it. 

GW has got to be aware of this, right?

Also this one has both build options so it just makes sense that this will become the available product. 

Time Will tell. 

3 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I have a feeling this will be the available GoS model. The soul wars one is great but like 60% of all pics ive seen of it the sword arm obviously broke off and owner had to fix it. 

GW has got to be aware of this, right?

Also this one has both build options so it just makes sense that this will become the available product. 

Time Will tell. 

Haha yeah they break so easily! I barely touched mi GoS the other day and the sword went flying off.

• 3 months later...

Not any more.  It's points cost was removed from the most recent general's handbook.  In casual play with opponent's consent you could call it the same cost as the regular guardian of souls, because that's what it used to be, but it won't be legal for most organized & tournament play.

• 3 weeks later...

Talk to your individual tournament or campaign organizer, rulings on it are likely to vary, but I wouldn't count on it.  The removal seems to have been a deliberate move to avoid any risk of competitive events being dominated by limited release models that some players won't have access to or even a reasonable chance to be aware of or prepare for.