Making my knights more effective

Trav

hi,

I run 10 knights with glaives in my seekers host of slaanesh force.

does anyone have advice/opinions on which option would be better to buff my double piling in knights?

mounted lord to use command ability to add +1 to hit and reroll charges, 

or

sorcerer to use daemonic power on them to reroll all the ones to hit. 

Baasically, is +1 to hit or rerolling 1’s to hit better? Not much of a maths guy!

cheers

When comparing the two abilities above, the Sorcerer outshines the Lord. 

For a single knight, rerolling 1s to hit and 1s to wound averages 0.8932 wounds per pile in. (Assuming no other buffs or debuffs)
Compare to 0.8712 wounds when given +1 to hit. 
(Note: I only calculated glaive attacks, mounts would be impacted similarily though)

It is VERY close, but the Sorcerer slightly edges out the Lord. Add in the re-roll 1s for saves though and the Sorcerer's buff value becomes significantly better.

On 10/1/2018 at 4:49 AM, themortalgod said:

When comparing the two abilities above, the Sorcerer outshines the Lord. 

For a single knight, rerolling 1s to hit and 1s to wound averages 0.8932 wounds per pile in. (Assuming no other buffs or debuffs)
Compare to 0.8712 wounds when given +1 to hit. 
(Note: I only calculated glaive attacks, mounts would be impacted similarily though)

It is VERY close, but the Sorcerer slightly edges out the Lord. Add in the re-roll 1s for saves though and the Sorcerer's buff value becomes significantly better.

My maths comes out as 0.91 for reroll 1s to hit and wound and 0.90 for +1 to hit.

Still, it's a marginal statistical difference.

The main thing would be the utility you get from the hero's.

The Lord uses a command point but otherwise his ability is guaranteed but can only effect the knights. He is also a good beat stick and fairly survivable and Mobile.

Sorcerer needs a 5+ to cast the spell which is easy, but you can still fail and could be dispelled. He can cast other spells though and can cast the buff on different units.

Archived