Top 10 at Facehammer with Deathmarch

ianob

1 hour ago, Nevvermore said:

Wasting their attacks hinges on you being able to delay activating the VLOZD until they are forced to activate the eels, right? So if they had several units of eels alpha striking (I guess more than two would be difficult to fit) they could get to attack with at least some. Of course, your VLOZD attacking before any of them could would mean not too many eels left... yeah I can't see this ending well for eel spammers! Would love to play this guy against the 27 (I think???) eel-list at a tournament this weekend. Sadly not attending :P

If they have High Tide they're not allowed to delay. They go first and lose all of their attacks.

Other than high tide, yes of course. But you should be screened with skeletons anyway, so if they want to be in melee with your VloZD they have to give you extra activations. You have to play the cloak minigame but you should usually win.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Honk said:

Always timing and positioning...

this AoS thing is really starting to tax my mental capacities

o.O

that‘s why I don’t compete ??

Undead has always been more strict about positioning and timing than all the other armies. It's not only related to AoS^^ Anyay if you play... you compete in some ways^^

3 hours ago, Honk said:

My gaming club begs to differ...

?

they only play with me after a crushing defeat, to get back into the game... 

so you have to win more often, so they will be faalling in eternal revenge cycle ahahaha^^

I had a successful game with a Legions of Sacrament Deathmarch Battalion list albeit at 1500 points. 

It was the shifting objectives map. I held middle with a 40 man skeleton blob, decimated my enemy’s left flank with my 10 Black Knights and held that objective with them, then my 10 Grave Guard just kept dying and being brought back to keep things busy. 

Held for all 5 turns and racked up 14 victory points over my opponents 8. 

My heroes were non-threats, but my Necromancer is just amazing at upping my offensive power and debuffing my enemies. 

The auto-regeneration of the Deathmarch is very nice, and the movement was mostly irrelevant after turn 1 but that’s alright. If I hadn’t taken Deathmarch I wouldn’t have been able to pull off a turn 1 charge and destroy his lines. 

My Black Knights killed 5 Hellstriders, an Exalted Seeker Chariot of Slaneesh, and like 13 out of 40 Marauders in 1 go, so my Skeletons middle removed another chunk of Marauders and I took a 40 man block down to 8 in 1 turn and finished them turn 2. 

My opponent charged my Black Knights turn 2 with his Chaos Knights but they only killed 2 out of 10.... so both Calvary sat there for about 4 turns slowly killing each other but I often had my unit back up to max due to graveyards and Deathmarch.

Didnt have a lot of luck hurting my opponent Keeper of Secrets with a -2 to be hit.... I think offensive magic would be the best way to deal with something like this. What’s our best offensive damage spell?  

1 hour ago, Honk said:

Legions of Nagash and GHB18 have seen to that, but using Nagash at 1.5k friendly game has costed me some friends

??

What's the problem about 1,5k pointrs? Cause Nagash itself? It's not like it's something big. Pratically you almost have him to play with, it's a mobile target. IThey could choose also the 2k points if itwas a problem.

Sincerly I never valued Nagash quite enough. In AoS 2.0 has a bettter meaning nly if you add the realms enchantments, otherway it's even worse at the end.

3 hours ago, deynon said:

Sincerly I never valued Nagash quite enough

Shame on you, he is fun to play. And pretty balanced as well. You really have to get your objective game in order, shooting protection... I learned a lot fielding him, and it’s fun. Loosing a VloZd?! Meeh, whatever... getting Big N pincushioned by kunning rukk?! No thx

stakes are high, fielding him , mentally at least 

4 minutes ago, Honk said:

Shame on you, he is fun to play. And pretty balanced as well. You really have to get your objective game in order, shooting protection... I learned a lot fielding him, and it’s fun. Loosing a VloZd?! Meeh, whatever... getting Big N pincushioned by kunning rukk?! No thx

stakes are high, fielding him , mentally at least 

Never liked named chara,tera too much, moreover with LoN:B where I despise them. I play Coven Throne and wight king^^  I despise Nagash, I have all the bg him related other than a couple of the new ones and I have both his incarnations^^ Still I love the abuse of him by Vlad in EoT^^ 

Anyway don't worry, I only need to kill Nagash, not something he is new about ahahah^^

13 hours ago, deynon said:

Arkhan that is sick by the amount of time Nagash blew up himself ahah

I missed out on the End Times, but from what I heard, they both like taking the undead powernap way too much. He died two times in the old world and like three times during End Times

1 hour ago, Honk said:

I missed out on the End Times, but from what I heard, they both like taking the undead powernap way too much. He died two times in the old world and like three times during End Times

we have to define what we consider "death" for Nagash, oterway we have to increase the amount oftimes in the old world^^

End even with AoS we should take note^^

I get the feeling, that the destruction of my beloved master is more like a technical  inspection, which sometimes ends a a complete new system set up...

And I guess the only way to really finally and totally die, while being on the good side of Nagash, is being dissolved/digested by Chaos. Which can really take some time, looking at those munched on half digested aelvenkind...

2 hours ago, Honk said:

I get the feeling, that the destruction of my beloved master is more like a technical  inspection, which sometimes ends a a complete new system set up...

And I guess the only way to really finally and totally die, while being on the good side of Nagash, is being dissolved/digested by Chaos. Which can really take some time, looking at those munched on half digested aelvenkind...

Naaa, what a waste of the immortality. Better having a country of undead servitors, some nice juices and some mortlas to gain a bit of fresh blood when you need.

WHy worry about such complicated conquering and so on? In the while anyway ammass the undead to create an army for eventual bothersome chaos bringer... it's always useful^^

If he also charges said unit yes. Otherwise, cant see it being in range. 

24" apart, -7" for bonus move, -12" black knight move = 5" charge for black knights. Hmm, maybe it is then. But black knight unit would need to be facing sideways at start surely? Anyway, I'll fid out tomorrow!  

8 minutes ago, warhammernerd said:

If he also charges said unit yes. Otherwise, cant see it being in range. 

24" apart, -7" for bonus move, -12" black knight move = 5" charge for black knights. Hmm, maybe it is then. But black knight unit would need to be facing sideways at start surely? Anyway, I'll fid out tomorrow!  

You can always advance the Wight King. 

I keep mine up pretty close behind my Black Knights line always within 6” of them to give Deathly Invocations to my units but I keep him bubble wrapped and never get him into combat because his attacks are trash and he never kills anything. 

Archived