2.5k "Mammoth Throwing" Disciples of Tzeentch

themortalgod

So I've been toying with different ways to field Tzeentch lately to add some variance to my games and I've decided it is time to dust off the ole War Mammoth. This is what I came up with:

1x Lord of Change - 380ps - Sword, Bolt of Tzeentch, Aura of Mutability

1x Curseling - 160pts - General, Arcane Sacrifice, Arcane Suggestion

1x Magister - 140pts - Glimpse the Future

1x Blue Scribes - 140pts - Fold Reality

1x Sayl the Faithless - 120pts - Ally

10x Pink Horrors - 200pts - Unchecked Mutations

10x Pink Horrors - 200pts - Fold Reality

10x Pink horrors - 200pts - Tzeentch's Firestorm

5x Chaos Warriors - 90pts - Sword/Board, Tzeentch

6x Flamers - 320pts

10x Blue Horrors - 100pts

10x Brimstone Horrors - 70pts

1x Chaos War Mammoth - 320pts - Tzeentch

1x Chronomantic Cogs - 60pts

Total: 2500pts

So basically the premise is to use the Mammoth as a giant meaty distraction while I pummel my opponent with spells (and summoning). Sayl is allied into to add the concept of "throwing" the mammoth allowing me to keep from getting stuck in undesired combat and also to ensure I can keep triggering the -2 bravery.  

I filled my 4th battleline with a small unit of warriors because they are pretty cheap but also because they can also be teleported by Sayl to act as a small unit of back line commandos

The cogs are in the list to provide my Sayl teleported units with a much higher chance of making a charge.

Flamers are mostly because I really like them and just finished painting them, I know they aren't "optimal', though I also like some long-range threat that can move before firing.

Aura of Mutability on Big Bird helps make all the horror shooting (and flamer shooting) more reliable. 

Magister will do his annoying spawn making thing to provide additional disruption.

I figure the rest is pretty self-explanatory. The main goal of the list is to provide a ton of different distractions to keep pressure off my wizards as long as possible. 

I normally play 2.5k these days but if I need to play a 2k game the flamers, blue horrors, and warriors get the boot to come in just under 2k. 

Thoughts? Feedback?

On 9/27/2018 at 8:35 AM, themortalgod said:

So I've been toying with different ways to field Tzeentch lately to add some variance to my games and I've decided it is time to dust off the ole War Mammoth. This is what I came up with:

1x Lord of Change - 380ps - Sword, Bolt of Tzeentch, Aura of Mutability

1x Curseling - 160pts - General, Arcane Sacrifice, Arcane Suggestion

1x Magister - 140pts - Glimpse the Future

1x Blue Scribes - 140pts - Fold Reality

1x Sayl the Faithless - 120pts - Ally

10x Pink Horrors - 200pts - Unchecked Mutations

10x Pink Horrors - 200pts - Fold Reality

10x Pink horrors - 200pts - Tzeentch's Firestorm

5x Chaos Warriors - 90pts - Sword/Board, Tzeentch

6x Flamers - 320pts

10x Blue Horrors - 100pts

10x Brimstone Horrors - 70pts

1x Chaos War Mammoth - 320pts - Tzeentch

1x Chronomantic Cogs - 60pts

Total: 2500pts

So basically the premise is to use the Mammoth as a giant meaty distraction while I pummel my opponent with spells (and summoning). Sayl is allied into to add the concept of "throwing" the mammoth allowing me to keep from getting stuck in undesired combat and also to ensure I can keep triggering the -2 bravery.  

I filled my 4th battleline with a small unit of warriors because they are pretty cheap but also because they can also be teleported by Sayl to act as a small unit of back line commandos

The cogs are in the list to provide my Sayl teleported units with a much higher chance of making a charge.

Flamers are mostly because I really like them and just finished painting them, I know they aren't "optimal', though I also like some long-range threat that can move before firing.

Aura of Mutability on Big Bird helps make all the horror shooting (and flamer shooting) more reliable. 

Magister will do his annoying spawn making thing to provide additional disruption.

I figure the rest is pretty self-explanatory. The main goal of the list is to provide a ton of different distractions to keep pressure off my wizards as long as possible. 

I normally play 2.5k these days but if I need to play a 2k game the flamers, blue horrors, and warriors get the boot to come in just under 2k. 

Thoughts? Feedback?

Cool idea. But, Sayl HAS to be taken with  Nightmaw now. Hence, 200p.

Archived