Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oscisi

AoS 2 - Bretonnia Discussion

Posted (edited)

BY THE LADIES GRACE, IT'S STARTING TO HAPPEN!

Can't tell I'm excited more than a Noise Marine on Slaaneshmas? In that case, allow me to be absolutely blunt. I AM HYPED! My amazing partner has finally received the first shipment of Bretonnians I sent her for painting and Knight Numero Uno has just been completed. (Well, mostly.) And I'm in love.

556392557_FrontAngledView.jpg.3871f778d1d87692ae5f7d86d7d69c0f.jpg

He doesn't have a shield at current, but after seeing how he looks I'm certainly not complaining~

347707908_FrontView.jpg.b49bd40832efb304b8f654ed6612d2f5.jpg

Yes I know that she painted part of the barding like the horses neck, honestly I'm okay with it though. As long as she doesn't do that to all of them...

762705355_LeftView.jpg.5d32af3daf95c2b6e12bde338fdfecb6.jpg

No Coat of Arms yet but her hands are playing up today so she wasn't able to freehand. I look forward to a time when she is able to add some freehand designs though! Also, can we just appreciate how nice that Wine Red Scabbard is~

1262287382_RightView.jpg.09aa2ad7164ae8e408d017fb57670daf.jpg

I love the little Fleur De Lis on the Lances~ And for that matter, the 'Eavy Metal Lances are great too.

620266474_KnightBack.jpg.34fa546bb39cc2e6924588dfe00b6699.jpg

And to round it off, I love the darkened armour effect and the look of the fabrics...

Is it bad to say that this is making me love my partner even more? Because I am sooooooo happy at the moment~

I need to treat her to something... But I'm broke. Daaaaaaamn it. 

Well, in the meantime all I can say is,
FOR ZE LADY!

~ilaxu

Edited by ilaxu 'Minute'
Removed Excess Image
  • Like 2

@ilaxu 'Minute' haha I love your hype!! Awesome :) Congrats on your army getting started. I’m also lucky enough to have a significant other who likes to paint. Good luck on the future progress!

Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2019 at 1:55 AM, ilaxu 'Minute' said:

So I've been thinking about how I want to theme my army visually recently and that's inspired me to go and have a read over the lore behind Bretonnia a bit. And after looking through, honestly I still have to say I'm heavily drawn towards Mousillon. 

But what I wanted to ask is what do others find most interesting about Fair Bretonnia? What parts of the lore appeal to you most, be they concepts, characters or events.

My favorite part of the lore comes in two folds.

The Lady of the Lake is actually the elven godess of prophecy. She saw the end of the old world. She knew she needed an army to face it. But she the elves would never become or would be able to hold a code that would allow them to be the bulwark against the terror.

So she set motion a plan to create a kingdom of knights built around a code of honor so that she could basically have the Questing to have men prove their valor and become her Grail Knights her army to stop the end times.

Which leads into my most favorite bit of lore. Grail Knights, the space marines of fantasy. Able to wrestle orcs, bullgors, and dragoths in meleely. Able to combat the most fearsom of Daemons and succeed.

They drank from the grail, litterally the divine blood of a god and became what Sigmar thinks his f***ing Stormcast are without all the personality issues. Demi-gods of war and justice.

They can live for hundreds of years, take blows no nornal human can take, and inhumanly athletic and enduring.

They literally bleed HOLY LIGHT.

Shove that up your arses Stormcast.

Oh Quick Edit:

When one of they first Vampires ever made, the Knight Abhorash, the legendary Leader of the Blood Dragons and once the body guard of Nafereta in the gar ancient days of Lahmia. Until her untimely turn to necromancy and her playing on his loyalty to corrupt him into a Vampire.

Bends a knee to Gilles in the end times and declares he had never met a more honorable man and swears fealty to him.

Both he and Gilles fight side by side against the unending hordes until the end of the end times. Both legendary knights of honor and justice. But one of Holy Light and one of Bloody Undeath. Allies and comrades.

Talk about nerdin out.

"Gilles le Breton would lead Bretonnia's defence during the End Times, with he and the Lady of the Lake appointing Louen Leoncouer as his champion. Gilles fought alongside the legendary Abhorash, for even he bent knee to the uniter of Bretonnia. In the closing days of the Old World, Bretonnia still stood while the Empire was destroyed. Gilles the Uniter and Abhorash the Vampire fought alongside each other, armies of the living and dead made a last stand in Bretonnia as the world finally ended. It was implied that Gilles would ascend to godhood alongside Louen Leoncoeur, part of the Lady's plan to save humanity."

Edited by Drakilian
  • Like 1

After a few quick read throughs of the General's Handbook 2019 and there might be some goodies that we can use to our advantage.

For example, @Drakilianyou mentioned how cool it was that Abhorash and Gilles fought side-by-side during the end times? We can recreate that with that new  Order of the Blood-drenched Rose (Grail Knights AND Blood Knights!? MUAH HAHAHAHA!) which aside from just beyond cool, does make for a hard hitting unit we can now use.

I'm not as taken with the new command traits (re-roll's one for melee, shooting, saves) as most of our units already have access to it in one form or another.  That being said, I don't think they should be dismissed either as a King or Sacred Protector with re-roll 1's  combined with the King's ability to add 1 on the charge is going to insure they hit hard all the time (heck even the Hypogriff is going  to become reliable!).  If you're willing to fork our for the forbidden power terrain piece as well, then command points should be in decent supply to make these combos work (provided the dice favour you even some of the time).

What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pellynor said:

After a few quick read throughs of the General's Handbook 2019 and there might be some goodies that we can use to our advantage.

For example, @Drakilianyou mentioned how cool it was that Abhorash and Gilles fought side-by-side during the end times? We can recreate that with that new  Order of the Blood-drenched Rose (Grail Knights AND Blood Knights!? MUAH HAHAHAHA!) which aside from just beyond cool, does make for a hard hitting unit we can now use.

I'm not as taken with the new command traits (re-roll's one for melee, shooting, saves) as most of our units already have access to it in one form or another.  That being said, I don't think they should be dismissed either as a King or Sacred Protector with re-roll 1's  combined with the King's ability to add 1 on the charge is going to insure they hit hard all the time (heck even the Hypogriff is going  to become reliable!).  If you're willing to fork our for the forbidden power terrain piece as well, then command points should be in decent supply to make these combos work (provided the dice favour you even some of the time).

What are your thoughts?

Mercenaries are Narrative play only I believe. Or I may have read wrong. It has been proven many a times I have read wrong.

1 hour ago, Drakilian said:

Mercenaries are Narrative play only I believe. Or I may have read wrong. It has been proven many a times I have read wrong.

You can indeed use mercenaries for matches play. Check what @Sir Valiant de Quenelles wrote on the previous page:

(Page 46.)

- One army can only hire one Mercenary Company.

- If a Company is hired by your army, 1 of 4 of your units could  be one of the units of the company. (In case of the Bloodknights, for instance, you can have a Knights of the Realm unit, a Men at arms unit, a bowmen unit and then you can choose 1 Vampire Lord or 1 unit (3 max) of Blood Knights).  This units from the mercenary companies have the trait <Mercenary>

-This units can't be included on your allegiance, and any mercenary character couldn't be the general of the army.

- If you use them, ONLY in your first turn you don't get your command point.

- Any unit summoned by a Mercenary unit gets the Mercenary trait.

- Mercenaries are not battlelines, but they units with traits "Leader" "Behemoth" and "Artilery" counts as that for the limitations of the armies.

Posted (edited)

I'm looking at this potential army utilising the fun of mercenaries:

Heroes:
King on hyppogryph - 400
Enchantress - 160

Units:
16x Men at arms - 120 -- Battleline
16x Knights of the Realm - 440 -- Battleline
30x Freeguild Archers - 300 -- Battleline
5x Grail Knights - 180

10x Blood Knights - 400 -- Mercenaries

2000/2000
Allies: 400/400

Edited by Lightbox

16 hours ago, Pellynor said:

What are your thoughts?

I actually think the new command abilities can prove quite useful! Now we don’t need to bring a million squishy heroes just to get the rerolls we need in order to do some damage. Just pay for the extra CP (or to strategic genius) and use the CP on the unit about to bring some pain to the enemy :)

4 hours ago, Lightbox said:

I'm looking at this potential army utilising the fun of mercenaries:

Heroes:
King on hyppogryph - 400
Enchantress - 160

Units:
16x Men at arms - 120 -- Battleline
16x Knights of the Realm - 440 -- Battleline
30x Freeguild Archers - 300 -- Battleline
5x Grail Knights - 180

10x Blood Knights - 400 -- Mercenaries

2000/2000
Allies: 400/400

Looks nice! The poor enemy unit that gets sandwiched between 5 Grail Knights and 10 Blood Knights is going to get obliterated :D But don’t you think it could be worth it to cut down a bit on the big battleline units so you can afford 10 Grail Knights?

31 minutes ago, oscisi said:

I actually think the new command abilities can prove quite useful! Now we don’t need to bring a million squishy heroes just to get the rerolls we need in order to do some damage. Just pay for the extra CP (or to strategic genius) and use the CP on the unit about to bring some pain to the enemy :)

Looks nice! The poor enemy unit that gets sandwiched between 5 Grail Knights and 10 Blood Knights is going to get obliterated :D But don’t you think it could be worth it to cut down a bit on the big battleline units so you can afford 10 Grail Knights?

Yes, I would... if I had 10 grail knight models ;) The moment I can source some suitable representations it will be saying goodbye to 8 of those knights of the realm and hello to another 5 grail knights and an endless spell or two.

On 6/14/2019 at 1:31 PM, Sir Valiant de Quenelles said:

Hi everyone!

As I told you on page 5 if my memory doesn't fail me, I prepared some conversions. (In fact, a simple ones) to play demigryphs on my Bretonnian army. Let me show you the results! The idea is mix the medieval hunting replacing current hounds by those wonderful Gryph Hounds of Age of Sigmar. I know it's not a complex conversion, but give some personality and a bit of difference from the other units on my army.

image.png.20110c3725a015ce26c2b03f1a8b4cce.png

That’s a very good idea! Well done! 

News update. I have safely made it to my new home. Still in the process of settling in. But after months of waiting that Adepticon report will come... as soon as I find the box my camera was put in.....

😅