AoS 2 - Bretonnia Discussion

oscisi

On 5/25/2019 at 7:52 PM, Drakilian said:

The list I use in all my battle reports is the same as my adepticon list with me changing my command trait:

King on Hippogryph (400pts) -  General, Sword of Judgement, and Strategic Genius

Enchantress (160pts)

Damsel (100pts) - On a Pegasus

Archmage (100pts) - On a Horse

Battlemage (120pts) - Amber

Man-at-arms x16 (120pts) - Full command

Knight Errants x8 (200pts) - Full command

Knights of the Realm x16 (440pts) - Full command

Grail Knights x10 (360pts) - Full command

I enjoyed watching your battle reports on MWG. Based on your army list I toyed a little bit around with your Men-At-Arms tactics and had game with the following list against Fyreslayers.

Allegiance: Hammerhal
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
King on Hippogryph (400)
Bretonnian Lord (140)
- General
- Mount: Pegasi
- Trait: Legendary Fighter
- Artefact: Sword of Judgement 
Enchantress (160)
Damsel (100)

Battleline
16 x Knights of the Realm (440)
10 x Freeguild Guard (80)
- Swords and Shields
10 x Freeguild Guard (80)
- Swords and Shields

Units
5 x Grail Knights (180)
5 x Grail Knights (180)
5 x Grail Knights (180)

Total: 1940 / 2000
Wounds: 107

I always use allegiance Hammerhal so you get at least +1 Bravery for all your units for free while keeping the Order allegiance traits.

I gave the artefact to  the Bretonnian Lord instead of the King on Hippogryph to split attraction between the two. I also replaced the Men-At-Arms by two units of Freeguild Guard with Swords and Shields because they can take more damage for their points as they have a 4+ save with reroll 1s. I displayed them using my old Foot Knight models.

We had four objectives, one in your own territory which is worth 1 victory point for you but 4 for your opponent and two objectives in the center which were two victory points each. I had the first turn and the Freeguild Guards ran and claimed both objectives in the center. So I earned 5 victory points in my first turn.

Of course my Freeguild Guard got charged, but they stayed alive longer than expected. In my second turn I managed to charge with almost every knight unit and they inflicted massive damage. I charged the enemy general (Runefather on Magmadroth) with my Bretonnian Lord which had +1 to hit from his own ability on the charge, +1 to hit from the King's command ability and another +1 to hit from the Enchantress' spell. So thanks to the Sword of Judgement he inflicted D6 mortal wounds on a 3+, 2s were regular hits, rerolling fails (1s). I inflicted 4D6 mortal wounds and killed the Runefather on Magmadroth. In the end I won the game by 25 - 15. 😎

Thoughts about the army list:

Generally the tactics worked really well. But I came up with the following ideas.

Having 3x 5 Grail Knights is too much. They die too fast from shooting for their points. Their save isn't better than the one of the other knights, but they are much more expensive. So I would only take a unit of 10 in the future.

I also had the idea to use Freeguild Archers as shielding units. They have the advantage that they get a free move after deployment, so you don't have to run them to reach the center of the battlefield. So if you get first turn, they would move 10" and could still shoot at the enemy as they have a 18" range with their bows. You could use Bretonnian Bowmen models to display them.

Another idea I had was to replace the Knights of the Realm with Demigryph Knights as they do even slightly more damage compared to their points cost and are also more reliable as they have 4 wounds each with 4+ save and always reroll 1s on the save. So you could replace the unit of 16 Knights of the Realm (440 points) with 3 units of 3 Demigryph Knights each (420 points). When adding a Freeguild General you could use his command ability on the Demigryph Knights when they get stuck in prolonged combat to massively improve their damage output (+1 to hit / +1 to wound).

DSCN8285.JPG

(Sorry for proxying Knights Errant models as Knights of the Realm as I had not rebased their models at this time)

Edited by Duke of Gisoreux
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

How's this as a draft. Not sure if I should do endless spells and another damsel instead of the trebuchet.

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Order - Bretonnia) [2,000pts] ++

+ Leader +

Damsel [100pts]: None

Enchantress [160pts]

King on Hippogryph [400pts]: General

+ Artillery +

Field Trebuchet [220pts]

+ Battleline +

Knights Errant [200pts]: 8 Knights Errant

Knights of the Realm [440pts]: 2x 8 Knights of the Realm

Men-at-Arms [120pts]: 16 Men-at-Arms

+ Other +

Grail Knights [360pts]: 2x 5 Grail Knights

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Allegiance: Order

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

+ Realm of Origin +

Realm of Origin: Origin: Shyish

+ Realm of Battle +

Realm of Battle

++ Total: [2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

For the person who asked about what Relic/Artifact to take on the king. It's generally agreed upon here that the best one to take is the Sword of Judgement from Malign Sorcery. 

It's ruling is: Pick one of the bearer's melee weapons to be a sword of judgement. If the hit roll for an attack with that weapon against a hero of monster is 6+, that attack inflicts d6 mortal wounds and the attack sequence ends.

On the king, with legendary fighter, he has 7 attacks with his sword. With his command ability, he gets +1 to hit on a charge, and with the enchantress' spell he gets another +1 to hit. This means suddenly, he has 7 attacks, that deal D6 mortal wounds, on a 4+ to hit. This means on average you do 3.5D6 mortal wounds to any hero or monster unlucky enough to stand in his way. I had a game, where in three turns, he killed a daemon prince, a verminlord corruptor, and a Soulgrinder. He just went from one to the other, killing each in his first round of attacks. Then he could easily reach any other with his huge movement range.

2 hours ago, HanzoKurosawa said:

This means on average you do 3.5D6 mortal wounds to any hero or monster

Actually the average is even 4D6 mortal wounds because the king rerolls all fails to hit against heroes and monsters.

The king's damage average on the charge is 23.76 against heroes and monsters with save 4+. Without charging and without his command ability he still does 19 damage on average against heroes and monsters with save 4+. This includes the Hippogryph's attacks as well.

On 6/8/2019 at 6:00 AM, oscisi said:

@Garz25 no worries, I’m sure you can find Bretonnians for sale in the US as well. 

Awesome game, my man! Was truly a joy to watch :D On a day when you roll like that, you don’t need the Chronomantic Cogs. But I would still like to recommend that you consider adding some of the top tier Endless Spells to your army in the future :)

Also, props to you for being a moderator in the video’s comment section and defusing any drama stirring up there. 

Hello there, @Dragon10! Welcome to the Bretonnia fan club :)

To be completely honest, I’m having kind of a hard time seeing a theme in your army. It looks a little too much of a mishmash of units to me. Are you dead set on using Greatswords? I would actually recommend that you use Freeguild Guard instead, since they are unconditional battleline. That way you will not need to worry about filling battleline slots with your Knights. 

To use your Bretonnian models optimally you should put the Knights of the Realm together into one unit of at least 16 models (and I personally believe more than that is impractical) so that you get the bonus for having 10 or more models. With the left over points you should be able to afford the King, who is quite valuable for his 24 inch bubble of battleshock immunity and damage output potential. If you can’t get him, then I would suggest getting even more Grail Knights. 

I hope at least some of my feedback can be of help - let me know your thoughts. Cheers

What top tier endless spells help bretonnia out?

3 hours ago, HanzoKurosawa said:

For the person who asked about what Relic/Artifact to take on the king. It's generally agreed upon here that the best one to take is the Sword of Judgement from Malign Sorcery. 

It's ruling is: Pick one of the bearer's melee weapons to be a sword of judgement. If the hit roll for an attack with that weapon against a hero of monster is 6+, that attack inflicts d6 mortal wounds and the attack sequence ends.

On the king, with legendary fighter, he has 7 attacks with his sword. With his command ability, he gets +1 to hit on a charge, and with the enchantress' spell he gets another +1 to hit. This means suddenly, he has 7 attacks, that deal D6 mortal wounds, on a 4+ to hit. This means on average you do 3.5D6 mortal wounds to any hero or monster unlucky enough to stand in his way. I had a game, where in three turns, he killed a daemon prince, a verminlord corruptor, and a Soulgrinder. He just went from one to the other, killing each in his first round of attacks. Then he could easily reach any other with his huge movement range.

Just want to check and see if I'm understanding this right. @Duke of Gisoreux @HanzoKurosawa

The King (normally) hits on a 3+ when using his normal stateline. If targeting a monster or hero he gains a re-roll to hit. If he has Divine Blessing bestowed upon him this becomes a 2+ to hit. If he has his own ability active this becomes a 1+ to hit. Each hit wounds on a 3+ and causes D6 wounds at Rend -1. 

With the Sword of Judgement equipped his hit rolls of a 6 automatically cause D6 mortal wounds without rolling to wound. If under the effects of Divine Blessing this becomes a 5+, and if his ability is active then it will drop down to a 4+.

So in an ideal charge when rolling to hit, any rolls of 1 are re-rolled, any rolls of 2 and 3 then roll to wound and any rolls of 4+ automatically cause D6 mortal wounds. Is this correct?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 hours ago, Fullbret said:

How's this as a draft. Not sure if I should do endless spells and another damsel instead of the trebuchet.

+ Leader +

Damsel [100pts]: None

Enchantress [160pts]

King on Hippogryph [400pts]: General

+ Artillery +

Field Trebuchet [220pts]

+ Battleline +

Men-at-Arms [120pts]: 16 Men-at-Arms

+ Other +

+ Allegiance +

+ Game Options +

+ Realm of Origin +

Realm of Origin: Origin: Shyish

+ Realm of Battle +

Realm of Battle

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

I'll give my two cents based on my understanding of how Bretonnia plays but there are definitely more experienced minds around who can give better critique.  @Fullbret

My first suggestion is that another Damsel would probably be overkill if you already have a Prophetess and a Damsel as it means you'll have a wasted spell slot in games that don't have a Realm of Magic bonus spell. You'd be better off getting an Allied Battlemage (Collegiate Arcana) or Archmage (Eldritch Council) as they both have good spell options for supporting a Bretonnian force. 

The second bit of advice I can give is that different Knight units tend to have different ways to maximize their efficiency. Knights Errant generally are used as units of 8 and have a Damsel staying nearby them to allow for their re-rolls. In this state they can (potentially) outperform a same sized unit of Knights of the Realm.
Knights of the Realm are ideal for larger units however, as at 10 models they gain a natural re-roll for 1's to hit. This tends to make them most effective in units of 16.
Questing Knights are usually given a skip as they lose out to the other units on the charge (except vs Monsters where they equal KotR and Grail Knights) and only really gain an advantage in a multi turn combat which as a Bretonnian you should be avoiding at all costs. But if you were to use them, they'd probably be a 5 man Monster Hunter unit. However, expect the DISTRACTION CARNIFEX treatment for them. 
Grail Knights have amazing damage output but limited durability in comparison to their points. As such I highly recommend always bringing them in units of 10 if possible to allow for some unfortunate casualties here or there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concerning Endless Spells there are a few decent options for Bretonnia:
Chrononmatic Cogs: Speed up time and imrpove your units movement speeds or slow it down to defend your casters and cast an extra spell.
Soulsnare Shackles: Slow down enemy units in a decent area and potentially get some damage as well. 
Emerald Lifeswarm: Not top tier but it does give you some wound and model regeneration so it's an option.
Prismatic Palisade: Good option for stopping the shooty boys turning your units into pincushions. 
Of these spells the best two are probably Chronomantic Cogs & Soulsnare Shackles, as both give you that much needed map control edge that Bretonnia relies upon so heavily. Again though please ask the AoS veterans for clarification as I've still only had one match after all and am basically just playing theoryhammer right now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUick side question @Duke of Gisoreux, how do the Freeguild archers perform compared to the Peasant Bowmen and what is their cost like?

Regards,
~ilaxu

6 minutes ago, ilaxu 'Minute' said:

Just want to check and see if I'm understanding this right. @Duke of Gisoreux @HanzoKurosawa

The King (normally) hits on a 3+ when using his normal stateline. If targeting a monster or hero he gains a re-roll to hit. If he has Divine Blessing bestowed upon him this becomes a 2+ to hit. If he has his own ability active this becomes a 1+ to hit. Each hit wounds on a 3+ and causes D6 wounds at Rend -1. 

With the Sword of Judgement equipped his hit rolls of a 6 automatically cause D6 mortal wounds without rolling to wound. If under the effects of Divine Blessing this becomes a 5+, and if his ability is active then it will drop down to a 4+.

So in an ideal charge when rolling to hit, any rolls of 1 are re-rolled, any rolls of 2 and 3 then roll to wound and any rolls of 4+ automatically cause D6 mortal wounds. Is this correct?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll give my two cents based on my understanding of how Bretonnia plays but there are definitely more experienced minds around who can give better critique.  @Fullbret

My first suggestion is that another Damsel would probably be overkill if you already have a Prophetess and a Damsel as it means you'll have a wasted spell slot in games that don't have a Realm of Magic bonus spell. You'd be better off getting an Allied Battlemage (Collegiate Arcana) or Archmage (Eldritch Council) as they both have good spell options for supporting a Bretonnian force. 

The second bit of advice I can give is that different Knight units tend to have different ways to maximize their efficiency. Knights Errant generally are used as units of 8 and have a Damsel staying nearby them to allow for their re-rolls. In this state they can (potentially) outperform a same sized unit of Knights of the Realm.
Knights of the Realm are ideal for larger units however, as at 10 models they gain a natural re-roll for 1's to hit. This tends to make them most effective in units of 16.
Questing Knights are usually given a skip as they lose out to the other units on the charge (except vs Monsters where they equal KotR and Grail Knights) and only really gain an advantage in a multi turn combat which as a Bretonnian you should be avoiding at all costs. But if you were to use them, they'd probably be a 5 man Monster Hunter unit. However, expect the DISTRACTION CARNIFEX treatment for them. 
Grail Knights have amazing damage output but limited durability in comparison to their points. As such I highly recommend always bringing them in units of 10 if possible to allow for some unfortunate casualties here or there.

Concerning Endless Spells there are a few decent options for Bretonnia:
Chrononmatic Cogs: Speed up time and imrpove your units movement speeds or slow it down to defend your casters and cast an extra spell.
Soulsnare Shackles: Slow down enemy units in a decent area and potentially get some damage as well. 
Emerald Lifeswarm: Not top tier but it does give you some wound and model regeneration so it's an option.
Prismatic Palisade: Good option for stopping the shooty boys turning your units into pincushions. 
Of these spells the best two are probably Chronomantic Cogs & Soulsnare Shackles, as both give you that much needed map control edge that Bretonnia relies upon so heavily. Again though please ask the AoS veterans for clarification as I've still only had one match after all and am basically just playing theoryhammer right now.

QUick side question @Duke of Gisoreux, how do the Freeguild archers perform compared to the Peasant Bowmen and what is their cost like?

Regards,
~ilaxu

Does this look better?

+ Leader +

Bretonnian Lord [140pts]: Pegasus

Damsel [100pts]: Pegasus

Enchantress [160pts]

King on Hippogryph [400pts]: 5. Legendary Fighter, 6. Sword of Judgement, General

+ Battleline +

Men-at-Arms [120pts]: 16 Men-at-Arms, Drummer, Trumpeter

+ Other +

+ Allegiance +

+ Game Options +

+ Realm of Origin +

Realm of Origin: Origin: Ulgu

+ Malign Sorcery +

Endless Spells [60pts]: Chronomatic Cogs

Endless Spells [20pts]: Soulsnare Shackles

+ Realm of Battle +

Realm of Battle

Created with BattleScribe

• Like 1

@Fullbret Just realised that I misunderstood the notation you had used. That's a unit of 16 Knights of the Realm and 10 Grail Knights right?

If that's the case then I'm inclined to say it looks like a decent army list all up. If you can add the Hammerhal origin to it then do so as it adds +1 Bravery to everything which is a huge bonus. That aside, my only real suggestion is prioritise getting the Chronomatic Cogs out early game to help with speed/casting as needs be. And remember that the Lord on pegasus is a monster hunter, not a hero killer. Against enemy heroes he will have a hard time. 

Edited by ilaxu 'Minute'

7 hours ago, ilaxu 'Minute' said:

Yes, that's correct. When you calculate the probabilities this leads to the average damage values I posted above.

7 hours ago, ilaxu 'Minute' said:

Quick side question @Duke of Gisoreux, how do the Freeguild archers perform compared to the Peasant Bowmen and what is their cost like?

32 Peasant Bowmen do 3.21 damage on average against targets with save 4+ with their regular shooting attacks. With arrowstorm (once per battle) they do 12.54 damage on average against targets with save 4+. So in a whole battle they would possibly deal 4 * 3.21 + 12.54 = 25.38 damage. Their points cost is 400 for a unit of 32 so you pay 15.76 points per damage they do.

30 Freeguild Archers do 5.72 damage on average against targets with save 4+ with their regular shooting attacks. So in a whole battle they would possibly deal 5 * 5.72 = 28.6 damage. Their points cost is 300 for a unit of 30 so you pay only 10.49 points per damage they do. So they do about 50% more damage than the Peasant Bowmen compared to their points. In addition they are Battleline and the Peasant Bowmen are not.

This can be even further improved by adding a Freeguild General when he uses his command ability on them which gives +1 to hit and +1 to wound:

30 Freeguild Archers do 9.00 damage on average against targets with save 4+ with their regular shooting attacks when supported by a Freeguild General's command ability. So in a whole battle they would possibly deal 5 * 9.00 = 45.00 damage. Their points cost is 300 for a unit of 30, the Freeguild General is 100 points and 5 command points are 250 points. Freeguild General can support up to 3 units at once so I add only one third of the point costs. So points would be 300 + (100 + 250) / 3 = 417 points, so you pay only 9.26 points per damage they do. This is even 70% better than Peasant Bowmen compared to their points.

Freeguild Crossbowmen perform even a lot better:
30 Freeguild Crossbowmen do 8.44 damage on average against targets with save 4+ with their regular shooting attacks. So in a whole battle they would possibly deal 5 * 8.44 = 42.20 damage. Their points cost is 300 for a unit of 30 so you pay only 7.11 points per damage they do. This is 121% better than Peasant Bowmen compared to their points.

30 Freeguild Crossbowmen do 15.70 damage on average against targets with save 4+ with their regular shooting attacks when supported by a Freeguild General's command ability. So in a whole battle they would possibly deal 5 * 15.70 = 78.50 damage. Points cost are the same as the Freeguild Archers, so you pay only 5.31 points per damage they do. This is even 197% better than Peasant Bowmen compared to their points.

Edited by Duke of Gisoreux

55 minutes ago, Duke of Gisoreux said:

32 Peasant Bowmen do 3.21 damage on average against targets with save 4+ with their regular shooting attacks. With arrowstorm (once per battle) they do 12.54 damage on average against targets with save 4+. So in a whole battle they would possibly deal 4 * 3.21 + 12.54 = 25.38 damage. Their points cost is 400 for a unit of 32 so you pay 15.76 points per damage they do.

30 Freeguild Archers do 5.72 damage on average against targets with save 4+ with their regular shooting attacks. So in a whole battle they would possibly deal 5 * 5.72 = 28.6 damage. Their points cost is 300 for a unit of 30 so you pay only 10.49 points per damage they do. So they do about 50% more damage than the Peasant Bowmen compared to their points. In addition they are Battleline and the Peasant Bowmen are not.

This can be even further improved by adding a Freeguild General when he uses his command ability on them which gives +1 to hit and +1 to wound.

This kinda of raises the question, how do people feel Bretonnia should be played? Should they act as a force unto themselves for the Lady or would they act better as part of a combined detachment alongside other Order forces.

After all, when it comes to cavalry  the Bretonnians have a good assortment, especially when combined with their heroes for the synergy of skills and spells. But when it comes to infantry, they do rather lack a bit. I mean, peasants in large groups are okay but lets be honest, Fair Bretonnia is not known for its peasants in any good way...

Personally I want to be a puritan and play with purely my brave Bretonnians but the less than ideal position of the ground troops tempt me to want to make use of troops from the free guilds (Although still using the peasant models). Freeguild Swordsmen seem to be an improvement over the Men-At-Arms, as do the Freeguild Archers over the Peasant Bowmen even without having a lord around to manage their synergy. 

What are others thoughts on the matter? Do you prefer your Bretonnians to be the only aspect of the army, or are you willing to fortify them with troops from other factions?

Regards,
~ilaxu

2 minutes ago, ilaxu 'Minute' said:

What are others thoughts on the matter? Do you prefer your Bretonnians to be the only aspect of the army, or are you willing to fortify them with troops from other factions?

Why not use other warscrolls? You have no benefit from using pure Bretonnian warscrolls. I have no problems using Freeguild warscrolls for my Bretonnians where I see them fit. As long as I still use the Bretonnian models for them it still feels like playing Bretonnia and that's what counts for me. Thus I would never use Freeguild/Empire models. As long as I see a Bretonnian army on the table it  is just not important which rules/warscrolls I actually use for them.

I even have a bunch of old Bretonnian crossbowmen models (back from 3rd edition WHFB) to be used as Freeguild Crossbowmen.

Armbrustschuetzen%203.jpg

My old Bretonnian Knights on foot, used as Freeguild Guard with Swords and Shields:
Fussritter%203.jpg

Btw. did you notice the latest news from Warhammer Community concerning the upcoming GHB 2019?

For your list-writing convenience, all the new Pitched Battle profiles will be printed separately in a booklet of their own, including the latest points adjustments plus profiles for a number of Compendium units, endless spells and terrain.

So the GHB 2019 may include point adjustments for Bretonnia.

1 hour ago, ilaxu 'Minute' said:

@Duke of Gisoreux once again, love the old school Bretonnian models. 

Fingers crossed that Bretonnia does come back in the Generals Handbook 2019 but I won't hold my breath. But maybe, just maybe, we'll see something.

Unfortunately that’s a no, at least for this year. See the new article about GHB 2019: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/09/coming-soon-the-generals-handbook-2019/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=AoS&utm_content=AoSGHpreview09June

Free peoples are getting some updates but Bretonnia is not mentioned. 

CB928495-4960-4974-908C-29EE2F6FD673.png.53de144acda3d2391aad44674a6ef054.png

17 minutes ago, oscisi said:

Unfortunately that’s a no, at least for this year. See the new article about GHB 2019: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/09/coming-soon-the-generals-handbook-2019/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=AoS&utm_content=AoSGHpreview09June

CB928495-4960-4974-908C-29EE2F6FD673.png.53de144acda3d2391aad44674a6ef054.png

I am hoping free people's gain Calvary and other options that make porting over easy.  Unless they one day bring in giles or an all Calvary knight like faction.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, oscisi said:

Bretonnia is not explicitly  mentioned, but they mention Compendium units, so there is still hope that they could at least adjust the points costs for Bretonnia for 2nd edition.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ilaxu 'Minute' said:

@Fullbret Just realised that I misunderstood the notation you had used. That's a unit of 16 Knights of the Realm and 10 Grail Knights right?

If that's the case then I'm inclined to say it looks like a decent army list all up. If you can add the Hammerhal origin to it then do so as it adds +1 Bravery to everything which is a huge bonus. That aside, my only real suggestion is prioritise getting the Chronomatic Cogs out early game to help with speed/casting as needs be. And remember that the Lord on pegasus is a monster hunter, not a hero killer. Against enemy heroes he will have a hard time. 

You cannot Hammerfall Bretonnian models.

They lost the Free People keyword back in July 2018 making them unable to use any of the firestorm stuff anymore. 😧 OOOPS

I went and looked at it again, I coreect myself. You can hammerfall. I just remember looking at Anvilgard with sad puppy eyes.

Edited by Drakilian

2 hours ago, Duke of Gisoreux said:

Bretonnia is not explicitly  mentioned, but they mention Compendium units, so there is still hope that they could at least adjust the points costs for Bretonnia for 2nd edition.

That’s true! With the awesome amount of activity in this thread lately, imagine how it would explode if we actually got some points reductions! :D

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Drakilian said:

You cannot Hammerfall Bretonnian models.

They lost the Free People keyword back in July 2018 making them unable to use any of the firestorm stuff anymore. 😧 OOOPS

I went and looked at it again, I correct myself. You can Hammerfall. I just remember looking at Anvilgard with sad puppy eyes.

Yea I saw that comment on one of the youtube videos and was wondering about it so I went to double check. It's a bit cheeky but Bretonnia can make use of Hammerhal at least. So a slight Bravery bonus all around. Because lets be honest, any bonuses we can find would be great.

In other news I've started taking stock of just what kind of nightmares I'd have to go through to get my force functioning for tournament play. And it will indeed be nightmares. 

3 60mm round bases, 45 60mmx35mm oval bases and 32 25mm round bases already sets me back $95 AUD for just the basing process. Then I have to find a Fay Enchantress model (Lady help me that won't be cheap) and two or three mounted Damsels. Of which, I need to convert two to be able to ride a pegasi... Then I have to find a suitable model for an Archmage on Horse (Another Damsel???) and a good substitute for a Battlemage (I REGRET selling that Elven mage two years ago) to cover the potential composition variations. Once that is done, which is no small task, I then have to find that blasted Hippogryph model of mine to tear it apart and convert the rider into a Bretonnian somehow.

Then it's just the small task of painting 80 odd models in a few short months... Whilst taking a two week holiday and attending university... Oh, and my entire paint collection has dried out so I need new paints...

Lady give me strength, I bit off way more than I thought I did... 
...And the coffers are crying tears of blood...

With Concerned Regards,
~ilaxu

8 minutes ago, oscisi said:

That’s true! With the awesome amount of activity in this thread lately, imagine how it would explode if we actually got some points reductions! :D

THE RESULT IN A NUTSHELL...

Cheaper Men At Arms: "DID SOMEBODY CALL FOR A COST EFFECTIVE MEAT SHIELD!!!"

Cheaper Peasant Archers: "OH MY LADY THIS COWARDLY HERESY MIGHT BE WORTH DOING"

Cheaper Grail Pilgrims: "FOR THE LADY" (In Bad French Accent)

Cheaper Mounted Yeomen: "Actually, not horrible after all..."

Cheaper Trebuchet: "CRUSH THEM BENEATH THE LADY'S STONY BACKSIDE!"

Cheaper Knights Errant: "IS THIS WHAT BEING COST EFFECTIVE FEELS LIKE!?"

Cheaper Knights of the Realm: "THIS IS DEFINITELY WHAT COST EFFECTIVE FEELS LIKE!"

Cheaper Questing Knights: "We do exist you know..."

Cheaper Grail Knights: "WAIT, WE'RE BRETONNIAN AND OVERPOWERED!? OH MY LADY WE ARE BLESSED"

Cheaper Nobles: "Er, can you not just fix our rules that effectively do nothing?"

Cheaper Damsel: "ALL THE MAGIC, ALL THE TIME!"

Cheaper Enchantress: "I DON'T CARE WHAT IDIOT CHANGED THIS, NEVER, FOR ANY REASON, READ A FAQ ABOUT THE PRICE COST AFTER THIS!"

Cheaper Lord: "I NEEDED THIS!"

Cheaper King & Hippogryph: "VICTORY! WE HAVE VICTORY!!!"

• Haha 2

Actually, I just had a thought. I have a mostly unassembled unit of Empire Knights hanging around somewhere. And some of their horse heads have a single spike on the face plate. Which I could argue is a unicorn horn under the armour. So maybe I can skip out on the Fey Enchantress model directly to cut costs a bit.

2 hours ago, ilaxu 'Minute' said:

Then I have to find a Fay Enchantress model (Lady help me that won't be cheap) and two or three mounted Damsels. Of which, I need to convert two to be able to ride a pegasi... Then I have to find a suitable model for an Archmage on Horse (Another Damsel???) and a good substitute for a Battlemage (I REGRET selling that Elven mage two years ago) to cover the potential composition variations.

Here are mine:
Feenzauberin.jpg

There is no conversion needed when you use this mounted damsel model. Just put her on a Pegasus:Dame%20auf%20Koenigspegasus%202.jpg

Maid%20auf%20Schlachtross%2012.jpg

Maid%2005.jpg

• Like 1