Music to Inspire!

Overread

Armies marching to war; armies clashing in glorious battle; the twisted minds of chaos; the sound of a realm at rest; the sound of night; the flight of passing dragons; the rushing patter of hounds; flights of arrows; the mighty sweep of the brush upon plastic etc..

Whatever it is that inspires you musically for AoS post it here! 

My eldest is fond of the Transformers soundtracks. We use this for Stormcast Eternals:

The films were so awful anyway, and forgettable, but the scores was pretty good and damn fine for kicking dice-rolling butt on a lazy Sunday afternoon, we reckon.

• 3 weeks later...

Atmospheric Black Metal fits well the Warhammer/AoS mood:

Slaves to Darkness music:

Flesh-Eater Courts ???

Metal does a good job to fit the Warhammer/AoS vibe (even 40k), so varied you can find bands/genres that represent each faction :P

Maybe a bit more 40K than AoS but this whole album is brilliant for creating a mood. The final twelve minutes ('The Enlightenment' and 'Event Horizon') especially, for me, sum up what could be the utter sublime beauty and power armour shittingly terrifying experience of travelling through the warp.

If you want a more Halfling folk band meets Wickerman vibe Matt Berry's 'Kill The Wolf' is just fantastic... I do have an 'Occult Folk' playlist on Spotify I need to tend to, once I've given it a pruning I'll share that.

10 hours ago, Roark said:

@VBS Nice selection. Check out this sick cover mate. Always inspires me to plonk Letterbombs on the table.

Cool cover! Less cold and raw, but sounds way more agressive :)  Reminds me of Anaal Nathrakh in a way.... probably the drum machine.

@LoopyZebra Cryo Chamber is an absolutely fantastic label!! Speaking of dark ambient music, I feel obliged to mention the ultimate rpg fantasy soundtrack genre: DUNGEON SYNTH

Making a (very) brief selection but it is highly recommended for anyone into rpg, wargames, etc... So probably this is a good place to post haha:

56 minutes ago, Roark said:

It ain't a drum machine mate. That's Marco Pitruzzella doing 300bpm because he can.

LOL, had no clue Lord Marco played on it. Tbh, it sounds so clinical and clean that it's not so easy to tell (fills, click sounding bass (triggered??), etc). I mean, that part around the 3 min mark is what you'd expect from a machine... THE Human Machine actually :P

So I posted this on the Legends of the Painty Men thread but thought it should go wider.

GW officially produced music only I'm afraid is all that is sanctioned, anything else is Heresy -  :P

I got this vinyl back in the day and thought it was amazing, the slip book had loads of classic 40k and realm of chaos artwork.   Still have it at my parent somewhere.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived